Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2005, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Setup procedure for Swash in 14mz

Here are the values I have for my Tempest 3D with the older 9252 servos. See my notes throughout and my final notes for why some of these numbers look so bad. I also provide my multi step adjustment process.

Swash

A) Ail = -80, +-7.0 degree
B) Ele = +80, +- 7.0 degree
C) Pitch = +74, +-10.0 degree

Swash Detail my values vs Normal Values

D) Pitch to Ail 120 --117 ** 100--100
E) Pitch to Ele 82 -- 87 ** 100--100
F) Ail to Pitch 85 -- 83 ** 100--100
G) Ele to Ail 60 -- 75 ** 50--50
H) Ele to Pitch 59 -- 60 ** 50--50

For D and E, set values for level swash at min and max pitch. In 9z use ATVs for program mix.

For F, at mid stick set front socket head screw on swash for no movement as Ail is at full right and left. New for 14MZ.

For G and H, Set mid pitch and add two 3x30mm long socket head screws to the open holes on the sides of the swashplate to help see movements. Set for no movement of the heads of the screws at full back and forward elevator. New for 14mz.

Link Compensation - New for 14mz

High Pitch Low Pitch
I) Ail - 0 0 Ail - 0 25
J) Ele + 30 0 Ele + 0 10

For Ail set for no movement in front socket head swashplate screw at Min and Max pitch while at full right and left aileron.

For Ele, first at mid stick give full back or forward elevator then while noting the angle move pitch to min and max. Adjust values to give constant angle at min and max pitch. Note these values will affect total pitch and elevator end points so as a second check adjust values of Swash Pitch and Ele AFR using pitch gauge on main blades.

K) Speed Comp = 15

AFR
L) Ail A=100% B=105.0% With Swash Gives +-7.0 degree
M) Ele A=85% B=95% With Swash Gives +-7.0 degree

I followed a multi step process to arrive at these values. Some adjustments impact others so an iterative process is needed. This may not be necessary with new servos. This is my first draft and so I'll update when I find errors. I setup two machines like this but I may have left out a step.

1) I leveled the swash in the detail section (by eye is ok for a new setup, D&E)

2) Set the Swash Ail, Ele, and Pitch (A, B, & C) using a pitch gauge on the main blades. I set cyclic throw for +-7 and pitch for +-10 degrees. See step 8 and 9.

Note if you don’t see the same numbers for Ail right and left, for example, just move on as a follow on step will correct the problem.

Also, if you set +-6 degree for cyclic throw then decided to increase to +-7 after your done then repeat the entire process from this step.

3) Remove rotor head and use a swash leveling tool to set level swash at Mid stick and then min and max pitch (D&E). Trim and sub trim are all zero and all links and rods are at 90 degrees at mid stick. Swash level is adjusted at mid stick with rod lengths.

4) Set Ail to Pitch (F) for minimum swashplate socket head screw movement at mid stick with full right and left Ail.

5) Using two 3x30mm socket head screws in the sides of the swash plate set Ele to Ail and Pitch (G&H) such that at full forward and back Ele the ends of the screws don't move up and down.

6) Set link Ail compensation for min and max pitch such that socket head screw on front of swashplate does not move at full right and left aileron (I).

EDIT: I've done this a few times and now I think following step #7 is more appropriate. At mid stick give full right roll and note angle of swashplate then move to min and max pitch and set (I) for constant angle at end points or close to end points. Sometimes I noticed little or no movement of (I) at end point so I see a servo has reached max movement. That's why (I) sometimes doesn't have an affect. I have already set my ATVs max on all ECCPM servos to 155%. Again, set all three servos ATV max to 155%. Check for binding.

Viewing the angle one can see (I) having a more positive affect. Repeat for left roll.

7) At mid stick give full forward elevator and note angle of swashplate then move to low then high pitch and adjust elevator Link comp (J) such that you have the same angle throughout pitch travel.

Again, set all three servos ATV max to 155%. Check for binding.

With rotor head back on

8) With pitch gauge on blades check for zero degree pitch at mid stick and at min and max pitch look for +-10 degree pitch. Set rotor head links for zero degree at mid stick but see that min and max pitch are also equal. If min and max pitch are not equal then use Pitch AFR to adjust as needed. Without moving collective or blades check both blades to confirm they are set to the same pitch. With an accurate pitch gauge, Robert type, in air blade tracking is usually right on. If not then after tracking blades in the air double-check this step.

9) Set zero degree pitch with blade over nose, and then not moving collective stick check full right and left roll for +-7 degree. Same goes for blades over side, check for full front and back elevator to see +-7 degree. Set Ail or Ele AFR (L & M) to give same value at full stick points. Mine were off due to the extreme Pitch to Ail and Ele values.

10) With blade over nose double check step 5 with pitch gauge or look for flybar movement when flybar is over nose. Adjust G&H.

Chuckie
Chuckie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in