Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you try it at all? I get good response from my DX6i anyways, so I'm not so hung up on it. Try maxing out everything on your DX6i, servo travel included, with no expo. The MLP4DSM can't be doing more than that.
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I havent maxed it out because I dont wanna damage the servo's I've already blown a servo MOSFET once. I guess if I just bench test it and watch the travel as I go slowly I should be finw though... I'll try it later today.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the settings I posted before, I have had no servo issues and I've been using those settings for months.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have my travel set to 125% already but didnt really notice any difference by looking at the servo vs. 100%

Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

And your D/R is at %100, right? Strange that it's not more like the MLP4DSM. Maybe you need to try the (airplane) set up. After all, you don't (absolutely) need the TH with a fixed pitch. Of course it's the right way to do things...but why not just try it for one battery? I doubt the MLP4DSM has some special mix (mixed in). Maybe you can solve the mystery.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd try it myself but my stocker needs a new motor (probably going BL instead - I'm undecided) and my BL is wating for a new RKH frame (where the rear LG post connects the CF snapped). It's been an 'MCPX" kind of week.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
And your D/R is at %100, right? Strange that it's not more like the MLP4DSM. Maybe you need to try the (airplane) set up. After all, you don't (absolutely) need the TH with a fixed pitch. Of course it's the right way to do things...but why not just try it for one battery? I doubt the MLP4DSM has some special mix (mixed in). Maybe you can solve the mystery.

I was speaking from experience when I said it's not the same. I HAVE tried it in acro mode. No change in servo throw vs heli.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

So...I'm trying to figure out just what you're saying burnoutboy.

Are you saying that you get either further or *faster* servo throw with your MLP4DSM than you do with your DX6i? Thus your can do crazier things with your MSRX using the MLP4DSM that you can't do with your DX6i?

I hear what you're saying about the 100% vs 125% cyclic servo throws and not necessarily being able to see the difference. The only other thing I can suggest is negative expo on your DX6i. I'm assuming you've already tried this but if you crank it all the way to like -100% expo (!!!) or something extreme like that, are you saying that the MLP4DSM *still* gives stronger performance somehow?

Remember also that the high rates on the MLP4DSM activate the GYRO channel so that helis like the MCX2 and mSR can have a "high rate" (e.g. more servo throw). I've always heard from people that the GYRO channel is ignored by the MSRX....but....?
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I know is with the MLP4DSM I can loop MUCH tighter. We're talking 25 foot loops vs 40 foot loops.

I have actually NOT tried negative expo... it's definitally worth a shot.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've played around with the Gyro settings quite a bit, and I can assure you they do nothing with the MSRX. But you might be on to something with the negative expo. Personally, as I said before I find the DX6i to be superior to the stock radio, hands down. But when I was forced to use it again, I did find it very capable in high rate.

B-O-B, what manoevers do you feel the DX6i is not as strong with (as strong as the MLP4DSM I mean)? If it's just a question of responsiveness, the neg expo. idea will be your last option. Maybe your not as "rough" with your DX6i - "slamming the sticks around" and such.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My ONLY issues with the DX6i are during forward and backward flips and left and right aileron rolls.

For flying circuits the settings I posted in the original post are FAR superior to the stock TX and it feels just as nimble.

I feel like the servo isn't getting as much overall throw as it was with the stock TX. I can do flips with both but the overall circumference of the flip when using the DX6i is about 1.5 times that of one when using the MLP4DSM.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will these settings work on the DX7 as well?

Thanks
Rocketman777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've played around with the Gyro settings quite a bit, and I can assure you they do nothing with the MSRX. But you might be on to something with the negative expo. Personally, as I said before I find the DX6i to be superior to the stock radio, hands down. But when I was forced to use it again, I did find it very capable in high rate.
Right...so then the big question is... when you toggle between "low" and "high" rates with the stock MSRX RTF controller what exactly changes? On the MSR and MCX series, the gyro channel tells the 5-in-1 to allow the servos to go to their full travel length or not. However with the MSRX, that's not going on. So what *is* going on? What else might be going on with the TX that puts the MSRX into a "low" rate--if it does anything at all?

According to the manual (page 9) it says:

"Your Blade(R) mSR X transmitter features dual rate flight controls (High and Low Rates) for aileron, elevator, and rudder. High rates allow the helicopter controls to reach their maximum values. Low Rates reduce the control response (recommended for first-time use). "

What the heck does "reduce the control response" actually mean? Is it limiting the travel on the side of the TX as well?
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can we get this on a sticky please?
Old 08-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulrob View Post
Can we get this on a sticky please?
Report the first post and ask a mod to sticky. They'l review the thread and decide if it's worthy.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

done...fingers crossed!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:28 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea, I "stumbled" across these as well, rube... months ago, along with everybody else.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=393998
m1crochip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1crochip View Post
Yea, I "stumbled" across these as well, rube... months ago, along with everybody else.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=393998

Well ,sorry that you are far superior to all of us bumpkins who thought the post was helpful enough to sticky it. Keep your negative comments to yourself. The very first post indicates they arent mine and credit is given on the first page. See post #6. Notice the EXACT same link you posted?

The name calling was a nice touch though. Shows a great deal of maturity on your part

Old 08-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

No prob. What's more, I've found that the heli flies its all-around best without any mix or rates once you get used to it. I do, however, like to add some negative expo and change the throttle curve to make it feel more like CP.

p.s. My use of "rube" here is meant to be a term of endearment, so... sorry.
m1crochip is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It should have been called the M(artyn) M(cKinney) (Swashplate) Set Up System.
It should be a sticky, if only to get my "mm mod" rename to stick(y)!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in