Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The kde head would be fine if its quality.
Hoghunter7mm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, can't help myself

Get the new Align DFC head

I recently did a thread on how to install one on an ESP
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, ill look into that one..I'm sure ill like it if Align maked it! How can I watch the video? Thx
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghunter7mm View Post
Ok, ill look into that one..I'm sure ill like it if Align maked it! How can I watch the video? Thx
No video, its a thread and HERE is the link.
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome thx!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

PROOF ! as to my sig.

Ok, ill look into that one..I'm sure I'll like it if Align maked it! How can I watch the video? Thx

Last edited by MrHeliNewbie; 03-24-2012 at 05:56 PM..
MrHeliNewbie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes a heli with a well setup FBL system is more stable than a heli with a perfect FB setup.

Remember a FBL system doesn't know where the ground is, it just knows what attitude the heli is meant to be in, and auto corrects if the machine is displaced from this attitude...

Yes I do think a FBL heli is easier to learn on because of this.

I have the KDE headblock, and Align 3G stuff on mine, I think I'll give the DFC a try when this stuff gets bent!
Old 03-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post
...I have the KDE headblock, and Align 3G stuff on mine, I think I'll give the DFC a try when this stuff gets bent!
And if you are a bit impatient I may take the KDE block from you any day before bending it!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoghunter7mm View Post
Sounds cool.. Ive kinda always liked old skool stuff,so i'm pretty sure i'll keep a fb heli around but I think my next one will fbl if I decide not to convert this one. Its hard too keep up with all the technology and it wont be any fun if in the future if all we have to do is flip a switch and it flys itself and does manuevers through voice commands! Have fun
You want to go old school? Take all the gyros off the heli, use tail pitch compensation instead. Also, forget tose fancy carbon fiber blades and Mae your own woodies.
agagescu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Small tangent - but still on topic

There is a lot of talk about stability - which I assume is hands off hover.
I just started flying a 550 FBL, and I find that it is very sensitive to control inputs.
I really lowered my swash mix to help me.

And to me, it really responds differently...but I am not sure how to describe it. Maybe a better pilot can talk about how the controls respond differently. I think I read that giving a slight nose up bump, the heli will continue to nose up until it is cancelled.

All I know is it is hard for me to fly the FBL 550 where the FB 500 is pretty easy.

Dan
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
...All I know is it is hard for me to fly the FBL 550 where the FB 500 is pretty easy...
Not a better pilot here but thats the difference from digital (fly by wire) vs analog control.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, that is the main difference in feel. Once you put the heli at a certain attitude, it will tend to stay on that attitude when you center the cyclic. In a flybar, the flybar will slowly try to bring it back to center. Some people find this very natural, others find that this feels somewhat strange.

If your FBL system is very sensitive and hard to control you can tune it down. Most FBL have presets for beginners, which add a lot of expo and slow cyclic rates. It's usually preferable to do this on the FBL system itself and not on the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpinvidic View Post
There is a lot of talk about stability - which I assume is hands off hover.
I just started flying a 550 FBL, and I find that it is very sensitive to control inputs.
I really lowered my swash mix to help me.

And to me, it really responds differently...but I am not sure how to describe it. Maybe a better pilot can talk about how the controls respond differently. I think I read that giving a slight nose up bump, the heli will continue to nose up until it is cancelled.

All I know is it is hard for me to fly the FBL 550 where the FB 500 is pretty easy.

Dan
dtabuenc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in