Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Start with the 600+

I bought the ARF Swift 16 with the Hacker A30-8XL & FP 3700 4S. It flies well enough to loop roll and flip a little but has no punch and the motor gets hot in 25 degree weather.
I just installed and test-flew with the 600+ motor for 3 minutes just before dark. Temp. 15 degrees. Motor came back at about 80-85 degrees, ESC cold and battery barely luke warm on outside(due to cold)
The bat. got a little warmer after setting inside for a couple of min. but only to slightly warm temp.
I moved the 11T stock pinion to the 600+ from the A30 as they have similar KV ratings.The difference is astouding. This bird punches out as fast or faster than any TREX I've built. The extra couple of ounces of motor is more than made up for by what seems to be almost double the power.
Tom. (Sat.) I am going to give it a good test or two and tach the hover and get hover current reading. I'll need to change my curves too as this motor pulls stronger and liftoff is closer to middle stick. I never got into Idle-up as it was windy and getting dark and very cold and I was/am still scared.

Unless all you'll do is FFF, and no punch outs and stunts, you should spend a couple extra $ and start with the 600+.

I can't wait for tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 12:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

good luck! and if to add 6lipo.... :wink:
ddheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got the older 600 motor in my Swift which is nice but it does run a little hot. I've recently finished a Raptor E550 and fitted a 600+, it has plenty of power on a 6S setup and runs amazingly cool, this is a heli that weighs 3480g/122.75oz, I wish I had a spare for my Swift :wink:

Trex 600N Sport, 700N , Trex 250, Beam E4, Trex 550E, Raptor E550, Mikado Logo 500 3D, now a happy user of Futaba 10CG
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Weighed my Swift at the local corner store . My elctronic postal scale only goes to 5 lbs. My Swift only goes to 5.51 lbs with the 600+,55/70esc,FP4S-3700 and 4 cell 2500 NiMh flight pack. Much better performance and same flight times as the Hacker!
Old 02-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes the 600 plus is a fantastic motor ! I have been flying one for over a year. I was the test "sucker" for the original OEM that was then Mfg. for Century.
It works fantastic for up to 600 MM blades and 6S with 9t is the most common set up, and yes it has been flown up to 10S Yowsa!

For the price the Efficiency is also real good. There are better efficiency motors but nothing in that price range. It also has power a plenty !

Selecting this motor instead of playing the I hope it works game with other power plants is a definite safe bet.
Chris DeSain is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Chris,

I could not have said it better myself.
RAV50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

ok.... So If I run a 10S on 600+ in the Swift will Century stand behind it? The doc with the motor said only to run it with 6S. I am using the Swift for AP and using 600mm blades and a 10S setup would really help for lifting power.

Mark
mnuetzmann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, 10S with load would strip a main gear for one sooner or later. The head speed with the 1100 KV is also way above spec for the stock head.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok. Then what about running a 6S1P pack the 600+ and 600mm blades? I am interested in lift but wonder what the load on the ESC/motor would be for this. I would probably be trying to get a HS of around 1850-1900 and adjust pitch to get the lift I need.

Mark
mnuetzmann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the 6S pack 1850 to 1900 is not possible with out lowering the speedo power
The motor is 1100KV so at 100% and the smallest pinion a 9T you are over 2000 head speed anything lower than 90% would heat the speedo right up in gov mode and the efficiency would also suffer.
That set up will spin 600S like a top.

You really need to look at a lower KV motor that still is rated with simmilar watts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in