Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Brushless tail question

Hey guys,

I got a HH brushless main motor because I was afraid of soldering and wanted to increase the life over my stocker. I ended up ripping the wires out of the top of my esc and in the process of soldering them back on ended up hard wiring to the 3 in 1 anyways to simplify things. I ended up losing my fear of soldering on a board in the process. So, I'm wondering that since I already have a brushless main and the wife is getting irritated at the expense to date, can you get an aftermarket brushless tail motor and use it conjunction with the HH main motor? My intent is to keep from having to dump more money into this beast unnecessarily. I'm new to the heli world and I have a small amount of tbo under hard pitch pumps but for my flying at this point it is a non issue, but may be some day.
bobsyouruncle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 05:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You really don't need a brushless tail with the HH main but if your dead set on it, these should be back in stock soon,
http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...-the-nano-cp-x.
It is little more of a soldering challenge then what you have done with your main ESC but it's manageable.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So, I'm wondering that since I already have a brushless main and the wife is getting irritated at the expense to date,
and that is why i will never get married...women always gotta nag, the longer they know you the more they do it...
sethf8403 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethf8403 View Post
and that is why i will never get married...women always gotta nag, the longer they know you the more they do it...

Your missing out on a lot. Information about some things just needs to be given on a need to know basis. My wife has no clue how many heli's I have, how many guns I own, or how much $ there is in upgraded parts on my motorcycle. Just like I don't know how much she spends on make-up, how many paint brushes she owns, or how expensive her last yoga retreat was. We're both happier that way
Slack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack View Post
Your missing out on a lot. Information about some things just needs to be given on a need to know basis. My wife has no clue how many heli's I have, how many guns I own, or how much $ there is in upgraded parts on my motorcycle. Just like I don't know how much she spends on make-up, how many paint brushes she owns, or how expensive her last yoga retreat was. We're both happier that way
Yea, I'm with Slack on this one. My wife likes footwear, and I like helis.

Anyway, stick with the stock tail for now. When you get into more heavy 3D, then I'd say brushless tail is more necessary.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
Hey guys,

I got a HH brushless main motor because I was afraid of soldering and wanted to increase the life over my stocker. I ended up ripping the wires out of the top of my esc and in the process of soldering them back on ended up hard wiring to the 3 in 1 anyways to simplify things. I ended up losing my fear of soldering on a board in the process. So, I'm wondering that since I already have a brushless main and the wife is getting irritated at the expense to date, can you get an aftermarket brushless tail motor and use it conjunction with the HH main motor? My intent is to keep from having to dump more money into this beast unnecessarily. I'm new to the heli world and I have a small amount of tbo under hard pitch pumps but for my flying at this point it is a non issue, but may be some day.
You can try to get rid of the tbo without going brushless...

Try a pitch travel limit of -65 & +65 and a Throttle Curve in IU Mode of 100-80-60-80-100

That should help...can also try a better tail rotor - KBDD or Lynx 42mm along with a stock mCPX tail boom (Blh3602)

It's not a perfect solution, but it should help quite a bit
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I'm a little new to tx settings. I have a DX8. When you say pitch travel, that is set in the pitch curve menu? The tx ranges from 0-100%. Or do you set it in the servo adjust menu? And then when you set it in servo adjust does the pitch curve values become representative of the 65% servo travel limit? In other words, is the 100% pitch curve setting merely 100% of the limited 65% servo travel limit?
Old 04-17-2014, 04:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsyouruncle View Post
So I'm a little new to tx settings. I have a DX8. When you say pitch travel, that is set in the pitch curve menu? The tx ranges from 0-100%. Or do you set it in the servo adjust menu? And then when you set it in servo adjust does the pitch curve values become representative of the 65% servo travel limit? In other words, is the 100% pitch curve setting merely 100% of the limited 65% servo travel limit?
Correct...set pitch travel in the servo adjust menu, -65 at zero collective and +65 at full collective (heli initialized and TH activated)

Pitch curve should be 0-25-50-75-100 in all modes and Throttle Curve 100-80-60-80-100 in Idle Up

The pitch curve will remain the same, but servo travel is limited to 65...to say the value is a percentage of the travel limit may be correct, but try not to think of it that way...you simply want to eliminate tbo
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in