Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peiyuhuang View Post
Hi mmarmouz,

Glad to hear that you might find the reason causing vibration.

Also I borrow a T8FG TX from a friend and did a test flight with it today. The APS was flying good with T8FG. Hope to hear good news from you soon. Good luck.
Is it the new Futaba T8FG Super ? that's what i have
mmarmouz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Testing 5 times today, not able to pass the vib Test, the only thing i added is the main blades, but i used the 3D Pro ones ... i will test again with the Align 3G ones ! better quality ..

will le you know, but for now, nothing new !
Old 01-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lightbulb APS Failsafe Setting Concerns

Hi Everyone,

Hope you guys don’t mind me jumping in on an existing thread. I am in the process of setting up an APS unit on my T-Rex 550 my intention is to eventually mount camera equipment for fpv / aerial photography with a Futaba 10cp and S-bus receiver.

I have some concerns around the potential issues that may come about by setting a throttle failsafe to c.70% to enable the APS unit to return home under a radio failsafe situation. My concern is that in the case of a radio malfunction whilst the heli is on the deck the motor will spin up and cause damage to persons and property. Similarly if the battery is connected and the speed controller is armed if the transmitter is mistakenly turned off the failsafe will in effect become a fairly major hazard rapidly

I also have a working quadcopter with a dji naza control unit, this unit requires the unit to be ‘armed’ by a specific set of stick movements once the battery is connected before the motors will start. Similarly at the end of a flight the unit is disarmed using the same set of distinctive stick movements. This simple procedure prevents fly aways and accidental start up when the battery is connected.

Has anyone come up with a solution for the APS similar to the NAZA system that would enable an arming / disarming procedure to be performed remotely once the battery is connected so that return home system can be used without risk of ground based accidental start ups?
Rossmans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossmans View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hope you guys don’t mind me jumping in on an existing thread. I am in the process of setting up an APS unit on my T-Rex 550 my intention is to eventually mount camera equipment for fpv / aerial photography with a Futaba 10cp and S-bus receiver.

I have some concerns around the potential issues that may come about by setting a throttle failsafe to c.70% to enable the APS unit to return home under a radio failsafe situation. My concern is that in the case of a radio malfunction whilst the heli is on the deck the motor will spin up and cause damage to persons and property. Similarly if the battery is connected and the speed controller is armed if the transmitter is mistakenly turned off the failsafe will in effect become a fairly major hazard rapidly

I also have a working quadcopter with a dji naza control unit, this unit requires the unit to be ‘armed’ by a specific set of stick movements once the battery is connected before the motors will start. Similarly at the end of a flight the unit is disarmed using the same set of distinctive stick movements. This simple procedure prevents fly aways and accidental start up when the battery is connected.

Has anyone come up with a solution for the APS similar to the NAZA system that would enable an arming / disarming procedure to be performed remotely once the battery is connected so that return home system can be used without risk of ground based accidental start ups?
You are right, that's why mine is disabled ! Too dangerous
Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

You are right, that's one of the reasons why mine is currently dismounted.
The second reason: Bailout functionality is advertized only, it's not implemented.
Otherwise, the APS has been working fairly well, just a single crash due to its unpropper bailout functionality.
vojta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the tip about the bailout functionality, that’s a bit of a blow since I was hoping to use it to learn some 3d tricks without the massive expense. Guess I should just stick to a mcp x for that

I thought about setting up something using and arduino, KK or other similar programmable board that would require an 'arming' procedure such as toggling a switch or a csc command. With a second condition that the throttle is already above a certain value like 25% before a failsafe situation would result in the throttle/ / esc staying active.
Rossmans is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just purchased a HC3-SX for my Goblin, hope this will let me learn 3d ! i will guys let you know .. too much snow here in canada, so i will not be flying outside soon !
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarmouz View Post
i just purchased a HC3-SX for my Goblin, hope this will let me learn 3d ! i will guys let you know .. too much snow here in canada, so i will not be flying outside soon !
+1,
the HC3-SX is a stabilization system with the best bailout functionality on the market, IMHO.
vojta is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is very true and very dangerous.

You do have one easy solution:

Use seperate power supply for the ESC/Motor and the Flight Control system. Boot up the FC, do whatever you want, no problems if the ESC/Motor is not powered.

Then carry your heli out to the flight line, set it down, plug in the ESC/Motor battery, walk back to flying position, start up the motor.

It's fairly foolproof.

Plus, if for any reason the FC is outputting a throttle command when you plug in the ESC, the ESC will not arm, and will not start, as it always looks looks for a low signal first.

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
This is very true and very dangerous.

You do have one easy solution:

Use seperate power supply for the ESC/Motor and the Flight Control system. Boot up the FC, do whatever you want, no problems if the ESC/Motor is not powered.

Then carry your heli out to the flight line, set it down, plug in the ESC/Motor battery, walk back to flying position, start up the motor.

It's fairly foolproof.

Plus, if for any reason the FC is outputting a throttle command when you plug in the ESC, the ESC will not arm, and will not start, as it always looks looks for a low signal first.
Nice !
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only downside here is it might mean you have to put the canopy on after plugging the batt which is a bit of a pain.

But this is why all Flight Controllers, Heli or Quad, should have an arming feature. Period.

Using these simple rules, and an arming function in my code, I've only ever had one unintentional motor start, and that was because I was doing some development work on a quad that was powered up.

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tested my APS today, and it was successful, APS and GPS Return Home ! Hoover is really stable with 28KM wind, I even test a recovery from inverted ! and worked very well !

Have a great day everybody !
Old 05-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Second day of success, test way point 1 and 2, auto land, auto take off ! so everything is working

I just have one question regarding the auto landing, when I switch to normal curve, I have to lower my stick too much to get it go down, but the motor spool like around 25%, was afraid the engine stop and heli fall ! is there something to do ? my normal curve is -12/0/+12 and throttle 0-25-50-75-100

thanks
Old 06-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default futaba t9zap settings

Can some one help me with proper settings for futaba t9zap to make APS work corectly?
Elektron1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Horrible crash APS today/Testing for first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarmouz View Post
Second day of success, test way point 1 and 2, auto land, auto take off ! so everything is working

I just have one question regarding the auto landing, when I switch to normal curve, I have to lower my stick too much to get it go down, but the motor spool like around 25%, was afraid the engine stop and heli fall ! is there something to do ? my normal curve is -12/0/+12 and throttle 0-25-50-75-100

thanks
Why land in normal mode? I always land in mode 1. Same with or without APS engaged.

On the iPad again,
JCL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in