Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Got a green light from the wife, operation dump tons of money into new heli is a go!

Just got the word. Going to Ampdraw to order since it seems to be the cheapest. I see lots of aluminum replacement parts. Are they good/bad? I know I hated the plastic swash from the mcpx, I may go ahead and get the aluminum one for the 300x.
I hated the dual motors on the mcpx. Seemed like I could never escape tail problems. I hope a belt driven tail will be a better experience. - Victor.
victorb17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just had to click to make sure this wasn't a joke...

I'd hold off on dumping money on swashes and such until you get the thing off the ground as the base is an excellent starting point unlike the plasticy issues with the micro parts. The included swash on the 300X is decent just be aware of some of the structural experiences that some have had.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Some have had mixed reviews on the metal swash, as it requires a re-setup of the beastx because its limits for binding are less than the stock swash. There is no problems with the stock one..

My recommendation:
Balance the woodie blades, maybe do the shim mod on the rear servos and fly stock.. You won't be disappointed..

The 'shim mod' is where you just take thin credit card like material between the servos so they fit as snugly as possible. This adds just a little extra stiffness to the upper frame. Its cheap and easy to do.

Check out finless bob's videos on how to balance blades.. Also be sure to follow the addendum instructions for the lower top throttle with the wood blades..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I'm still all stock and loving this bird.......
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awesome, Glad to hear it fly's good stock. By tons of money I meant because I love to get to 'excited' with it and push myself beyond my limits. Which means lots of broken stuff! Where can I get a good blade balancer.

Also maybe this is a question for another forum, but I need a good battery charger. I hate waiting long for them to charge. There are so many options, what are you guys using for multiple packs at a time. thanks - Victor.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chargers you can get whatever you want but these are excellent quality chargers and can do multiple packs:

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...ffjvgmq2f80pg1

I use this paraboard:

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=109

Hope that helps.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I use a maglev blade balancer, love the thing. They sell them at wow hobbies for about 35 bucks or so. A little expensive, but to me, totally worth it.

In addition (if u can afford it), I'd suggest buying a parts lot or a spare complete airframe (minus beastx) from the for sale forum. This'll save you a LOT of money in the long run (I did both).

It's nice to have a spare airframe for reference too till you learn the ins and outs of the bird too if this is your first "big" bird, like me so that one can compare it to the one you are working on.

And yes, I did go buy an AR7200 later on for the spare airframe..... At least I can use it for larger birds as I progress as I got one with a satellite
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 12-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

blade balancer: I just use a long bolt with 2 nuts. Works great less than a dollar.

Charging multiple batteries:
epbuddy has a decent combo deal for around $150. http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=168

You'll also need parallel charge and balance cables, OR, a paraboard.
I prefer cables rather than the board but both will work fine.

Cables:
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=81
and
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=55

OR, the para board
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=109

If you already have access to a 300w power supply, I converted an old PC power supply for this purpose, I use this charger, and like it..

http://www.hobbypartz.com/26p-balancecharger-6200.html
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread title of the year! Also story of my life lol

...tappatalka2
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorb17 View Post
Just got the word. Going to Ampdraw to order since it seems to be the cheapest. I see lots of aluminum replacement parts. Are they good/bad? I know I hated the plastic swash from the mcpx, I may go ahead and get the aluminum one for the 300x.
I hated the dual motors on the mcpx. Seemed like I could never escape tail problems. I hope a belt driven tail will be a better experience. - Victor.
Agreed on the aluminum swash. It's a good one to avoid as mine that I tried and a couple of others is formed a little incorrectly and it would cause the elevator servo link to pop up before it allows the swash to fully extend. There are a couple of threads on this on here and it seems to be a consistent issue. I fortunately heard about this before I flew with it as mine would have definitely disconnected in flight had I flown it. I personally fly the metal head on mine including main grips, washout arms and rotor head and have been happy with all of that aside from the swashplate.

The tail upgrades are a different story. I have a fully upgraded tail setup on my 450X and like it, but I had difficulty balancing the metal tail grips properly on the 300X and ultimately removed them. The aluminum tail pitch lever also has the incorrect and too small screws in it where it connects with the slider and caused a huge amount of slop. I also had a lot of slop just in the linkages on the tail pitch slider so I pulled it, too. As a result of all of this, I'm back to flying a completely stock tail and it's flying great.

Hope this helps but I'd avoid some of those "hop up" parts.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is almost all stock. I put in HH CF main blades, did a mod to use XT60 lipos, and did a few tweaks. The tail grip plastic base for the link ball is weak, so the aluminum tail grips may be good to get. The plastic head has issues, but apparently the metal head has its issues too.

I've never had frame bending issue, so no need for the braces. Rather than go all out for upgrades, I would focus on thorough setup, tuning, and maintenance.

The good news is Blade have put out a pretty good aircraft in the 300X. I'd be looking to swap the belt, all bearings, andvthe motor at 200 flights, unless I getbearlier failures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
syzygyQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Thinking about it, I have two changes from stock

1) Batteries converted to deans
2) Carbon fiber blades.

That's it. Flies really smooth when I can keep control of it.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'll keep it all stock. I'll just stock up on crash parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in