Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default os .50 hyper clutch and fan question!

hello all, i am building my first nitro frenzy, i am installing the clutch and fan. i have researched this a bunch, and i didnt know if i should leave the thrust washer off of the crankshaft,(the washer that came with the os) when i put it on and install the fan and clutch the clutch is to high into the clutch bell, would it hurt to leave it off and just put the fan on the shaft right up against the beaaring. then tighten the bolt down then install the clutch then loctight the screwws into the clutch to the fan, is this correct or not because i had the thrust washer on then installed the fan and cltch and when i spn the start shaft with the starter the fan and the clutch were to high and it sounded like it was rubbing on the top of the clutc bell, and help ith this will be great and to loc the crankshaft from moving i used a bic lighter in the back of the engine like the finless video, thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2009, 11:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

can you adjust the fan shroud? i can only speak for the 600 but it needs the spacer

http://www.brunswickrcclub.com/
CTG1129 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

when i put my os 50 on my frenzy i left the washer off. If you look closer you will see the fan hub has a shoulder on it that contacts the motor thrust bearing. I have about 100 flights on my frenzy with no problems from that. have fun
Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default cool i got it

thanks bird i checked the fan out and it fits great right up against the thrust,i got the engine mounted and it runs great and there is not binding or force against the thrust bearing the shoulder holds it perfect,thanks bro.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you're saying you left off that whole piece that uses the little key AND the washer that is normally below it? I'm setting up an OS 50H in a Frenzy 50 V2 right now and I'm really confused on this part. Instructions definitely need some clarification. And also what did you use to tighten the fan assembly? It's just threaded so just use loctite and tighten using?

Maybe a video tutorial should be done? Thanks a lot.
chaveezy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the factory crank washer( left it on) and used a KLONE anodized vented clutch bell. Mine was too low. I opened up the motor mount holes ,and shimmed the bottom plate for a perfect fit. Same with my YS on another. I never tried the stock bell so I cannot comment on that.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the washer on a stock heli. I did and everything worked out perfectly.
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did end up using it and turned out pretty good. There is a very light scratching noise, I'm pretty sure the fan is rubbing ever so lightly on the shroud. Not really worried about that, but I have another problem now. I'll post it in a new thread.
chaveezy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in