Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, do you have any video to show how well you flown it??
chsgreen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #22 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Maybe this weekend. Last weekend I did not fly as it rained all weekend.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks allot like the V120D02 that I have.

I thought about the shaft, but my skillz on hitting that TH at the right time may not be quick enough.

However... I think the main thing about this heli, is the main blades.

My shafts tend to get bent simply because I use CF main blades. It came with foamy main blades, and got to the point to where I got sick of buying foam blades, and I still ended up with a bent main shaft.

So maybe... the main blades on that puppy could help save on crashes.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm interested to hear how the V120D02S compares with the Genius, as I'm looking for a little heli to practice on and they both look great. Any initial views Bob?
Andrew73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whelp... found a site that has the main blades for that D02S. Ordered some to see how well it fairs with my D02 and D05.

Though... I think it's gonna take 3 weeks for it to get here...

That site also had the Genius updated canopy which I also got, and the cone gear I needed for my 4F200LM.

The site:

http://www.oomodel.com/

Another thing... they sell the Genius heli for $148 bucks. Dang it. I hate it when I end up spending more. But it would have been an awful long.... wait. . o O (spring here yet?)

And they sell the V120D02S, but I didn't see just the heli with battery for 2801, although they have a package that comes with a 2801 pro TX.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Old 11-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Hello guys

I know this Helo is sprankety brand new but I was looking at the GeniusCP to get something to help with and fly 3D around the house and with what ever will have to buy it with a Tx as I have don't have any Walkera ones and with all the add ups of stuff....boy, it gets costly for just getting some little helo as the GeniusCP (btw same issues with mCPx so not going there).

Trust me I am not knocking it at all but just am looking for something for that kind of money that is more what we get with the full size helos.

Anyway, I know this is kinda not the place to post this but what I was just wondering about the most is if anyone who has had their hands on this can tell me how durable they think this helo is going to be?

I know my Blade 120 was just one heck of a beast for that, and for sure, that helped me huge in getting over the orientation hump of my bigger helos.

Now I would like something CP that might do something along the same for 3D but if it can't really perform or handle upgrades (like the smaller ones) or just breaks on every dump in the grass (like the bigger ones) then its all just going to be a waist of money.

Thanks for any input.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 09:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I posted my thoughts about it here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=107

Bob
Old 11-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whelp... looks like there is going to be a delay on the blades I ordered.

Got an email today stating that their manufacturer hasn't released them yet. Question is.. if you don't have it available, then why allow to place an order?

And the site has this:

This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 10 November, 2011.

Which makes it confusing to know to place an order thinking you can get it. Not that I have anything planned, but it just makes shopping that much more frustrating. Most online sites I go to don't have the add to cart button if it is not in stock. I went back to oomodel.com and they still allow to order, but not stating if in stock, which I think will piss people off, especially when they think they should get their stuff at a particular time.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #29 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

FYI I got my new V120D02S Monday. I have not looked it over in detail to see what the change was from the original they sent me. My Dad broke his arm and had surgery last night. It was rough as he is 88. So I am not sure I will be able to fly it this weekend but am hoping to try. I am going to compare this servo movement everyone is clamoring about but I have a feeling that was not the change they made. We shall see.

Bob
Old 11-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been reading a lot of complain about a possible servo delay issue..

I dont agree with that.

Watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/alishanm...21/hLCEErH8bQI

And Bob,

My best wishes to your dad!

Cheerz!
w4llet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

subscribed .
Any new word on new updates on this little helicopter ?
Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...524710&page=42

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9AHLLW-EIZk
firedragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I flew mine this weekend. From the RX and gyro's etc point of view nothing has changed from the pre-production and the production version. Servos move the same way, and it flys about the same. The only thing I have noticed is different is the head and main grips are larger and more robust.

Anyway did some adjusting with it and do not have it perfect yet. Flys pretty good but I am having an issue with rolls and the nose wanting to come up. I think it is a balance issue but did not get enough time on the afternoon to play more with it AND dummy me I stripped a TT gear with a minor crash so I have to repair that.

So anyway stay tuned more info from me to come.

Bob
Old 11-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
AND dummy me I stripped a TT gear with a minor crash so I have to repair that.
Ya... that usually gets me on my D02. And that would be more on take off then anything. The tail blades would drag on my bed spread, or carpet. So.. I ended up trimming the tail blades on my old D02. Then I got WowHobbies CF tail blades they had. Turns out, their CF tail blades were exactly the same length I trimmed the plastic blades on it.

After that.. I didn't really go through any cone gears, unless I crashed right on the tail blade. Even good reflexes on TH wouldn't save the gear I think. Those gears are so tiny.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #35 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

So Bob ,,, how about using a Slip Clutch on it??
Old 12-09-2011, 05:28 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw this little heli been tested by AliShanMao...looks like its better than its predecessor the V120D02. Lately Walkera has been producing models that has received good reviews. So Finlest..any news abt the flight videos?....

Next project:
MSH Mini Protos, 450 Scale Airwolf, BAH Mini Quad
cpmboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 08:39 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not "dummy me" - the gears on the tail drive system strip if you look wrong at them. Same deal on the 4g6. If they fixed that, and the main shaft/feathering spindles bending on the lightest of impacts (I'm talking with thin branches of a bush, not even ground impact), would be worth looking at again.
ncostes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 08:58 AM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncostes View Post
It's not "dummy me" - the gears on the tail drive system strip if you look wrong at them. Same deal on the 4g6. If they fixed that, and the main shaft/feathering spindles bending on the lightest of impacts (I'm talking with thin branches of a bush, not even ground impact), would be worth looking at again.
Proabley just as much as drift issues, and or motor failure issues with motor run tails in micro helos, if you are running as TT setup, you are going to get stripped gears.

But for a thread I have been following over at RCG, these guys who all seem to be reporting that the TT gears are a bit beefier then before and do stand up better but you still can strip them. But they also have been showing a lot of success with a TT clutch system that basically consists of a fuel tube a few other simple parts that all lets the TT slip instead of strip.

Seems to be a standard Mod that most are doing and then they don't have the problem.

Second, from the reports that have been showing there, and I believe that they are saying that the main and feathershaft are a little beefier too and so far I am not seeing reports of many if any that are having issues with those in crashes either, even with ones that buried themselves in bushes.

The landing gear seems to be holding up very well as well as the blades and even the ball links as they are bigger are holding up well too.

About the only major complaint so long as you do the TT clutch mod, is that the rudder control shaft has a tenancy to come free in a crash from what most are suspecting are from blade strikes, and when it does as its such a small wire, its hard to find.

But other then that one of the things that is so great is that the newest FBL gyro system is making it very stable, and most of all, the power system of the right out of the box is very very good.

So there really isn't much of a big need to add brushless (it is already) and or to search around for bigger and higher C packs and hope that that fit, as the stock system works very well just on its own.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've also been folowing that thread over there at RCG too. I am awaiting my V120DO2S now. I really like the slip clutch idea, but i'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how it works. From pics I've seen of it I can't really see why it works.
Richard F. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2011, 10:07 AM   #40 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard F. View Post
I've also been folowing that thread over there at RCG too. I am awaiting my V120DO2S now. I really like the slip clutch idea, but i'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how it works. From pics I've seen of it I can't really see why it works.
Yeah, don't mean to HJ Bob's thread here to much, but I had the same question and this is what was explained to me.

Basically, you take that last gear which normally has a D hole that the shaft has a notch for that and when assembled, that continues that drive.

So I think you either use the old shaft or one without a notch? (not sure) but at any rate, you then ream out the D hole in that last gear so the gear spins in the shaft, then either by the fuel tube or what other kind of thing you use, that tube or thing is what is fixed to the shaft.

So then with what ever you use being attached like that, when everything is assembled, it also then applies side pressure up against that last gears face (with some similar contact going as well to what ever is in the back of the gear too) and this all creates a friction connection that for all normal uses, does not slip so the tail blades then are spun just as before.

In essence even though the gear now reamed could spin, it is kinda vise clamped not to by those parts so that is doesn't.

But then upon a real lock up of the tail blade for what ever reason, those friction connections then do slip and everything of the TT stuff up to those connections are allowed to spin instead of striping somewhere.

All of this is stuff I personally haven't tested but from what I was told, for the fuel tube mod, of course it is all rather critical that you get the tube just the right length where it puts on just enough pressure that is doesn't slip under normal hard use, but still will allow to slip under a lockup before the gears strip.

So it can be a little tricky I've been told but its not all that hard.

Also you have to be little careful about getting any kind of lubricant on there, or letting it get wet as those things can cause it to slip.

Also they have said that especially if you are on the loose side, it could slip a little under really hard 3D.

Again, it all has to do with how the tube is cut, which is a bit of a funny variable.

But if you don't get it right, you can always play with it a bit and I was told that it is something that really doesn't wear out.

So all in all, seems worth it to not have to deal with gear replacement if you find that to be a problem every time you go down.

Also there seems to be a guy who is making a bit of a better one that uses a long collar with a locking screw over the shaft instead of a long tube then uses just a short amount of tube, which they seem to like even better, who also is offering to sell these as kits, so would be a nice way to get this to be a mod solution for this too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in