Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default frenzy 90 destroyed clutch lining

well, this heli is really starting to bug me, sooo may issues and still she wants to play hardball....

removed all the extra electronics off the heli and just run a JR770 gyro, switchglo and frysky receiver......now she hovers steady and the tail is locked but the muffler came loose so I landed and shut her down, refitted the pipe with double lock nuts but forgot to check that I had clearance for the throttle arm....quick answer was NO I DIDN'T!!!!

I fired her up on a mid hot start and had 700mm paint stirrers wrapped around me and I tried to trim the throttle but a quick look showed me the arm was stuck..by the time I pinched the fuel tube the clutch lining blew out the side of the heli...

Fitted a new Align 700 liner and reset the clutch shoes and will wait till the epoxy has fully set before I try again.

This heli is causing me to lose what was left of my graying hair...this thing is

I will not be beaten!
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Keep at it! Good attitude not letting it beat you.
Have you balanced the fan/clutch assy? I don't own this kit but a good friend does and I know he replaced the stock fan when building the kit. He mentioned how flimsy it was and obviously warped. Sounds like you have some nasty vibes goin on if your pipe is coming loose.
MXRACERX43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

yep, dialed the fan (raptor 90 cnc unit) came up as .01mm, also dialed the clutch .025mm, well within limits. Dialed the main shaft, tracked the flybar paddles and balanced the head less blades on my dubro balancer.
Checked the cord of the main blades and balanced, refitted the plastic tail blades and balanced, tensioned the belt.... everything should be sweet but somewhere there is a bug, when I find it I will SQUASH IT!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup sounds like your on it!

Engine bearings?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hmmm, new OS91 with less than 60 mins on the clock?

I though she might be richish maybe, 20% nitro 22% coolpower
Old 03-25-2011, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Has it been sitting? I never had it happen personally but have seen a friends with very low runtime bearings go bad after sitting a period of time. Corrosion from moisture ruined them.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

good point there, will open it up and see...
Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Don't give up

Hello Darren,

When I built my Frenzx-90-V2 - I had different issues too as you have. Before assembling an assembly(-group), I always first take a look at the parts themsleves and play. The clutch-liner of the F90-V2 is pretty fun, as this is the first and only bird (After more than 2 dozens of builts) that does not have a clutch liner, than a clutch-liner-tube

What the hell ? So this guys (JS) take an endless tube having the diameter of the clutch-diameter, cut it to length (width) and glue it quick and dirty ?

I did not even distrust the fact, that the clutch-liner was not a stripe than a tube cut to length, then the sort of material the clutch-liner is made of ? Seems to be more of a material like shrink-tube than the consistence typical clutch-liners were made of ? So simply bought and applied some 90' Raptor clutch-liner, and since last Sunday (my engine works now) had no issues as at all - ThunderTiger parts are just quality

IMO the Chinese have some main issue to be solved .. one of is, that plastics is not just plastics .. it's all about the know-how to have the parts to get the right properties ?

Best Regards,
Oliver

P.S: Applied about 2/ 10 (0.2) mm of ectric tape gap inbetween the clutch and clutch-liner and works well. If in doubt about the tape's thikness, cut 5 to 10 10 stripes, stick them together and devide by the number of layrers to estimate the single tape thickness. In my case the thickness was 1/10 mm (0.1mm) and therefore applied to wraps of my electric tape when gluying in the clutch-liner with 12 hours 2-component glue
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Oliver

This has been the most challenging heli I have ever put so much time into...I guess I have been lazy with the Hirobo's as straight out of the box no fiddling needed, but then life is too boring with zero challenges!

I went super high tech gluing in the new liner...strong clothes pegs all the way around

I like your idea better, maby when I shred the next one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in