Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another good example of the flexibility. Good to hear it worked. Would have been my approach too.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I figured it out using logical switches.

I defined one logical switch called "L-TH" which is true if the throttle hold switch is activated. Then i defined one logical switch for each additional flight mode (Normal -> L-Normal, Idle up 1->L-IU1 etc). Each of those is true if the sa flight mode switch is in Normal/IU1/IU2 AND L-TH is false.

I then added voice events to those logical switches. Because the logical switches are evaluated every time the flight mode or throttle hold switches are flipped, I'm getting the correct voice for TH on (announcing "throttle hold"), TH OFF (announcing Normal/IU1/IU2) and when I flip the flight mode switch. Moreover, nothing is announced if I flip the flightmode switch when throttle hold is activated. Very cool!
Wow back to the Tx programming for me. I had something similar to your original set up with flight mode and sounds and this is taking it one step further.

Great thinking thanks
Old 05-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Jotto,

Do you have a DC or DS. If you have a DS, take a screen shot of the set up and post it. If you have a DC, you will have to wait until version 2.0 of firmware is available to do it.

Lou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I figured it out using logical switches.

I defined one logical switch called "L-TH" which is true if the throttle hold switch is activated. Then i defined one logical switch for each additional flight mode (Normal -> L-Normal, Idle up 1->L-IU1 etc). Each of those is true if the sa flight mode switch is in Normal/IU1/IU2 AND L-TH is false.

I then added voice events to those logical switches. Because the logical switches are evaluated every time the flight mode or throttle hold switches are flipped, I'm getting the correct voice for TH on (announcing "throttle hold"), TH OFF (announcing Normal/IU1/IU2) and when I flip the flight mode switch. Moreover, nothing is announced if I flip the flightmode switch when throttle hold is activated. Very cool!
www.circlecityhelis.com
lperagallo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lperagallo View Post
Jotto,

Do you have a DC or DS. If you have a DS, take a screen shot of the set up and post it. If you have a DC, you will have to wait until version 2.0 of firmware is available to do it.

Lou
Actually the DC v1.07 already has that option too in system menu you just have to assign a switch to it, same as in DS I guess (I don't have a DS)
Old 05-23-2013, 12:04 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is still no good explanation of how to start and stop a timer by "throttle channel value" not throttle stick position. I want the timer to run whenever throttle channel is anything but 0%. The timer can only be activated by physical switches, and even logical switches can only be a combination of switches or sticks. I also tried using mixes but since those only work between true channels and timers depend on switches or logical switches I see no way of making the timer work by throttle value.

There is also a lack of sequential reverse activation for using the spring loaded switch. Futaba allows you to start the timer by flipping the spring loaded switch and then auto reverses the next flip to stop it. Start and stop reverse every time you flip the switch to the front and back. It's quite useful.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosp View Post
There is still no good explanation of how to start and stop a timer by "throttle channel value" not throttle stick position. I want the timer to run whenever throttle channel is anything but 0%. The timer can only be activated by physical switches, and even logical switches can only be a combination of switches or sticks. I also tried using mixes but since those only work between true channels and timers depend on switches or logical switches I see no way of making the timer work by throttle value.

In the advanced properties menu you can program the on/off positions of the gimbals. This has no effect to the servo output. To get the exact function you are looking for I would set the position and then use a logic switch with an "or" statement.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There is also a lack of sequential reverse activation for using the spring loaded switch. Futaba allows you to start the timer by flipping the spring loaded switch and then auto reverses the next flip to stop it. Start and stop reverse every time you flip the switch to the front and back. It's quite useful.

I think the effect you are looking for is the same thing as setting the timer to "Laps" on the momentary switch. When you flip it up it resets it and starts it, but it keeps it running when it is down. You can change it to a logic function if it needs to be more intuitive based off other switch positions or flight mode.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Add new sound

Just starting to play with the Jeti.

I added a new .wav file but when I try to play it I get an error 'Invalid RIFF ID'
Any idea what causes this?
Voyager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post

I added a new .wav file but when I try to play it I get an error 'Invalid RIFF ID'
Make sure that your wav file is 16 bit. Many applications export 32-bit by default.
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post

The recorder you are using might be formatting them wrong. I also got errors if I tried playing them before disconnecting the USB from the computer.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting about the Laps function to achieve the reversed on/off.

I still don't see how the on/off position of the gimbal in the sticks advanced menu has anything to do with the throttle value. If I am on Idle 1 with a flat 50% throttle curve the timer still stops at minimum pitch. Maybe I am missing something at the Logic Switch configuration step?

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Interesting about the Laps function to achieve the reversed on/off.

I still don't see how the on/off position of the gimbal in the sticks advanced menu has anything to do with the throttle value. If I am on Idle 1 with a flat 50% throttle curve the timer still stops at minimum pitch. Maybe I am missing something at the Logic Switch configuration step?
It doesn't it is an independent function. I agree that it would be nice to trigger the timer off channel value. I was just saying you could get around this by doing something different. So if you set the location that P4 is on and then use the logic function it should come out the same way. So you would use the logic to turn the timer on and say hold needs to be off and P4 on.

Edit: Unless I am misunderstanding you I guess my question is why does the throttle signal matter? You should be able to logically tell it when the motor is running.

Last edited by BustedRaptor77; 05-23-2013 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: added
Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

That works for a timer on when not on hold, though I could just program the Hold switch to activate the timer then.

My trouble is before the flight: Kontroniks block the motor when initialized at anything above cero throttle. I have relied on starting like this, no Hold, mid stick, my Normal curve is flat so as to have an added flying condition. When I am ready to take off I hit Hold, the ESC arms and I then release Hold to spool up into Normal.

In this sequence a timer configured through the Hold switch starts as soon as I turn the radio on since there is no Hold until just before starting the flight. I do trust the K blocking the motor more than the Hold switch being on since once the ESC arms a hit to the switch and you have a big problem. I use K on 90% of my helis and I want to keep starting with the ESC not arming, to me it is more important than having a comfortable timer. On the Futaba I start the timer manually with the spring loaded switch but I do forget to start it every now and then and it is not useful when doing lots of autos for example.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been dreaming of moving to mAh consumed alarm for a long time but the transition will be gradual as I get new Rx and re program the helis into the DS-16, even the purchase of Jlogs for all my K equiped helis will be gradual. In the meantime, I need either a timer start on the spring switch that reverses the on/off or a timer that starts when throttle value is above cero. Or a timer on another 2 position switch for the time being but that sounds so precarious...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That works for a timer on when not on hold, though I could just program the Hold switch to activate the timer then.

My trouble is before the flight: Kontroniks block the motor when initialized at anything above cero throttle. I have relied on starting like this, no Hold, mid stick, my Normal curve is flat so as to have an added flying condition. When I am ready to take off I hit Hold, the ESC arms and I then release Hold to spool up into Normal.

In this sequence a timer configured through the Hold switch starts as soon as I turn the radio on since there is no Hold until just before starting the flight. I do trust the K blocking the motor more than the Hold switch being on since once the ESC arms a hit to the switch and you have a big problem. I use K on 90% of my helis and I want to keep starting with the ESC not arming, to me it is more important than having a comfortable timer. On the Futaba I start the timer manually with the spring loaded switch but I do forget to start it every now and then and it is not useful when doing lots of autos for example.
I see. What I did was I created an ESC arming mode on the Diabolo. I don't have P4 mapped to the throttle channel just collective. The only time the signal to arm is used is based on a logic switch. Hold/Autorotation I set to be a value just a couple % lower than what made the motor spin. So the ESC doesn't arm by using hold itself. i have to be in hold and toggle the arming switch.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hey Marco, you probably saw a post I made on this same topic. What I found is when I assigned the timer start to the non-hold position, it doesn't start when the transmitter is powered up in "run". It only triggers when you transition the hold switch from "hold" to "run". Because of this, it works perfectly for me. If I power the transmitter up in throttle hold, obviously the timer doesn't start until I flip to run. If I power the transmitter up in run, it still doesn't start since it looks for the a transition from hold to run. In this case, as you say, I have to move the switch to hold to arm the ESC so it works out well and always starts the timer when the blades start without the need to remember to reset or start the timer manually. Hope this is useful.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Telemetry and antenna signal:

Is it possible to log the antenna signal strength for review after a flight?

Seems it should be something that can be checked but all I see in the Rx telemetry is the Rx voltage. Am I missing something?

DC-16 and R6L rx

... Rob
Voyager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Hey Marco, you probably saw a post I made on this same topic. What I found is when I assigned the timer start to the non-hold position, it doesn't start when the transmitter is powered up in "run". It only triggers when you transition the hold switch from "hold" to "run". Because of this, it works perfectly for me. If I power the transmitter up in throttle hold, obviously the timer doesn't start until I flip to run. If I power the transmitter up in run, it still doesn't start since it looks for the a transition from hold to run. In this case, as you say, I have to move the switch to hold to arm the ESC so it works out well and always starts the timer when the blades start without the need to remember to reset or start the timer manually. Hope this is useful.
I noticed exactly this last night so I'll try using the Hold switch to start the timer. No matter wether I start with Hold on or off the timer doesn't start until I either flip Hold (K initializes) and then back to Normal, or turn on the radio with Hold on and then move back to Normal. I think this will work. Thanks!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle Hold vs Autorotation

Have had my DS-16 for about two weeks. All I can say is wow! I am setting up my TREX 550. I do not understand the throttle hold vs auto setup. I have a Mezon 90 ESC and a 7ch Jeti RX. Can I put TH and Auto on one switch or do I have to use two different switches or one three position switch? Throttle Hold takes the ESC to zero and causes the bail out to ramp up (slow start). Not good for autos. Is there a percentage or curve that can be set in the radio so one switch does both?
Rotorwash759 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorwash759 View Post
Have had my DS-16 for about two weeks. All I can say is wow! I am setting up my TREX 550. I do not understand the throttle hold vs auto setup. I have a Mezon 90 ESC and a 7ch Jeti RX. Can I put TH and Auto on one switch or do I have to use two different switches or one three position switch? Throttle Hold takes the ESC to zero and causes the bail out to ramp up (slow start). Not good for autos. Is there a percentage or curve that can be set in the radio so one switch does both?
Your throttle curve for auto should not take you to zero but to a point where your engine will stop.

Take the blades off and turn on the motor then lower your flat curve to a point where the engine stops and then add a few more clicks. I think that should take care of your problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in