Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Gryphon Electronics

Gryphon Electronics Gryphon Electronics Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question GSB1030P setting low power light

So I finally got the BEC and pin flag working but I'm still having a problem setting the low power / Red light. To come on when the battery gets low. I can get it to come on 2 min into the flight or not come on at all but I cant seem to get it to come on at the right point. Does anyone have some advice on setting the low voltage?
JTAnimal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I guess not too many have this setup. I worked on adjusting the low voltage all weekend and still don't have it perfect. So I'm just posting this for others that are looking at buying this.

First the adjusting screw uses a Phillips, but it needs to be real small. The real small Phillips drivers that I had, are more pointy than what is needed. This was causing me the biggest problem. So I ground down the tip and the Phillips worked much better.

Now tuning the low voltage LED, I just adjusted the BEC with a battery plugged in, and the battery at around 25% left in, then My very next flight the light came on with 70% still in the battery (2 min into the flight) Then I just keep turning down the fine adjusting until I got close enough.

The problem I was having was even a 1/4 turn adjustment will make a big change. I'm not too happy with this setup, they could have done better. If the adjusting screw was on the switch would be a huge improvement, it's on the bottom of the BEC so every time you make a adjustment you will have to turn the BEC over. I have it mounted on a Goblin 700 so it's on the bottom of the heli (only place I can fit it) I have the added fun of making the adjustment with the heli upside down and powered up.

Hope this helps others looking to but this. It can work if this is what you want. Not sure I'm going to keep it myself
Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's strange you can't adjust it to right voltage?

How do you use is? Straight on flight pack?

Or do you use separate battery?
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

44.4V 12S off the flight battery. I finally did get it, just not as easy as I would have liked. As I read only good things about this I wanted to post my feelings on this product.

The first switch I received was defective, the second one worked but I had to custom make a tool to adjust it, and it took 10 flights to get it right Half the time I was cussing at the dam switch, due to how difficult it was to get to the adjusting areas.

My opinion

All my other helis I use a 2S lipo. I think I will stick with that.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The easiest way I found was to fly a set of batts to the voltage I want to set & there it is . I have this set up on 3 birds hundreds of flights no issues .
Old 03-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sorry to hear the BEC is giving you problems.

I did not have any problems adjusting it to wanted voltage. I did as written before me
But yes, if it's placed a bad place, it can be hard to adjust it.

I always fly on timer in transmitter, so i really don't use the inbuild alarm. Only time i see it, is when i plug a small pack on, for setup and so
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I to fly on timer so this is just a backup. I have it so why not use it. I thought that the way to adjust would be to fly the battery low adjust and done. That does not seem to be the case for me. So unless something is wrong with my unit, not sure what to think about yours are easy to adjust.. The problem seems to be the drag from the battery. Adjusting with just the battery plugged in and no motor running ( only way you can do it) once the motor is running the light comes on much sooner. When you hit throttle hold the red light goes out. More adjusting, turn it down too much and the light won't come on at all.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fly your packs to desired voltage , I usually let them sit a few minutes after flying , then check voltage, once you get to desired voltage, battery pack should maintain that voltage , then adjust . Once you load the batteries the voltage will be lower . Light will go from blue to red under certain conditions , voltage level being hit while flying. I set mine to a little lower voltage , so when it is on red always its time to land. I use mine as and added safety feature for low voltage in case battery has a problem in flight or discharges faster then timer set. Hope this helps a little

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in