Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy 6HV parts seem scarce

I have an oppurtunity to buy a 6HV with great components but part availability has me worried. I see a lot of out of stock. It would take ordering from 4-5 different places to get parts from a crash. Not sure what to think of that.
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 6HV parts seem scarce

I was told they are stuck in customs right now. I have been down for 3 weeks now. It sucks for sure. If this is going to be the norm all summer than I will end up selling mine despite how awesome it flies. It is nothing more than a dust collector if I can't get parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyd View Post
I was told they are stuck in customs right now. I have been down for 3 weeks now. It sucks for sure. If this is going to be the norm all summer than I will end up selling mine despite how awesome it flies. It is nothing more than a dust collector if I can't get parts.

It's not just the 6HV parts that are slow to arrive. I had to order the 7HV lower frames from Australia as the stock over here for those was non existent everywhere I looked for more than a month... probably closer to two months. Luckily, the parts I ordered from Australia took less than two weeks to arrive.

Have you guys checked REDGUMRC in Australia if it has the spares you need?

Here is the link to the 6HV parts: http://www.redgumrc.com.au/index.php...cPath=59_61_63

I have now ordered twice from REDGUMRC and got what I needed with no problems.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 on Redgum.
I bought the elusive 7HV v2 canopy catches there.
Protos Max v1 (800) - 7HV v2 - X7 - Trex 600 ESP - X5 FES - Logo 480 XXtreme - Protos 500 CF Stretched x 2 - Trex, CopterX & Blade 450s - CopterX 250 - MCPX - Nanos - XK 110. MD500 (Funkey / Align 600).
TimM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im going crazy over here. My 6HVU has been down for a few weeks now, because the parts I need to rebuild, are out of stock. I don't know if I just have bad timing, and only look once they are out of stock, or if they are just taking forever to restock. I sold my Logo 600SX for this same reason, when they were having problems with supply. Ive gotten very close to giving this heli up, as I have listed most of the electronics for sale. But, I put a hold on the sales, after my wife got me excited again with buying me a new Gopro for Fathers Day. But the excitement of getting some 6HVU footage with my Gopro is slowly wearing off, as I search the websites for the parts I need, only to see, "Out Of Stock"... I have been a big fan of Compass helis for a long time now, but the recent frustrations are getting to me. I hope things pick up real soon, because I'm not sure how long I can hold on for.
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you looked @ RChehi Canada?

http://www.rchelicanada.com/

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Parts have been out of stock for at least 6 weeks now. You do not have bad timing. And it's all compass parts not just 6hvu. I sure wish compass would make a statement here and let us know exactly what is going on.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I'll try not to crash then!!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

In my book its not good enough. Your market in the U.S is 10x larger than it is in AUS.

As mentioned it would be greatly appreciated if Compass chimed in, not just in this thread but in the compass section. Even a factory pilot would be suffice.

As far as the customs excuse, being in sales for many years that one would be hard to digest.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMan1 View Post
Have you looked @ RChehi Canada?

http://www.rchelicanada.com/
Thanks for that info. Still not everything, but a lot more than I have been able to find. Now to buy what I can from there, before other chime in, and have me seeing a bunch of "Out Of Stock". lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
In my book its not good enough. Your market in the U.S is 10x larger than it is in AUS.

As mentioned it would be greatly appreciated if Compass chimed in, not just in this thread but in the compass section. Even a factory pilot would be suffice.

As far as the customs excuse, being in sales for many years that one would be hard to digest.
Yes, some info would be great. Let us know what the hold up is, and if we can expect things to get better anytime soon.
9K4O
Old 06-17-2014, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeMan1 View Post
I guess I'll try not to crash then!!
lol I did that for so long, that it didn't even bother me when I finally did crash. If I would have known getting it back in the air was going to be like this, I would have started crying when it hit the ground. Or probably would have been just flying big air, and no low to the ground flying. lol
9K4O
Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

"no low to the ground flying. lol"

I'm not there yet so big air it is with a little inverted...should be ok for a while then!!

Team Flybar & "Less" now
Old 06-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post

The bad news is that Dean from redgumrc informed me that he will now be unable to sell parts to NA customers. This is fine if all the parts needed are in stock over here. At the time I needed lower frames these were unavailable in all the NA dealers I checked.

I love my Compass Helis and I have had good experience with NA dealers up until this latest episode of parts shortage. I do hope what is happening right now is just a small hiccup and nothing more.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Full compass stock

If you are desperate for some items to get out of a pickle

http://www.westonuk.co.uk/

I don't think they have ever failed me for anything, anytime.
The web site is old school though.

Good to deal with.

Mostly
Old 06-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again that is in the UK, so this is not an option for the U.S guys.
Truly a silly policy that has been pushed into place.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought those policies applied only to kits... even if it does apply to parts it should be waived in light of the current situation...

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
Formerly BarnStormer

Hi guys,

This was a pretty slow winter in the hobby which had a lot of vendors keeping less stock and we were no different. We made our last few parts orders based on winter sales and the general health of the hobby, but clearly we underestimated! We have seen a huge jump in sales recently and it simply caught us off guard, sorry guys we are only human.

I want to assure all of you that there is no problem with Compass in any way. Sales are strong and we have a huge order due to arrive next week. We should have zero problems with parts support after that.

My personal apologies to anyone that was kept from flying due to this hiccup. I appreciate you sticking with us! If you ever find yourself in a bind and need a certain part please don't hesitate to call the shop or even PM me and we will make every effort to get you back in the air.

See you at the field!
Jason O'Connell

Last edited by Jason O'Connell; 06-19-2014 at 12:55 PM..
Jason O'Connell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Jason

Compass Field Rep/KBDD Team pilot/Experiencrc.com
sewerfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason O'Connell View Post
Hi guys,

This was a pretty slow winter in the hobby which had a lot of vendors keeping less stock and we were no different. We made our last few parts orders based on winter sales and the general health of the hobby, but clearly we underestimated! We have seen a huge jump in sales recently and it simply caught us off guard, sorry guys we are only human.

I want to assure all of you that there is no problem with Compass in any way. Sales are strong and we have a huge order due to arrive next week. We should have zero problems with parts support after that.

My personal apologies to anyone that was kept from flying due to this hiccup. I appreciate you sticking with us! If you ever find yourself in a bind and need a certain part please don't hesitate to call the shop or even PM me and we will make every effort to get you back in the air.

See you at the field!
Jason O'Connell

Awesome!! Thank you sir for posting this!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm glad to hear the good news Jason

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in