Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2015, 07:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V450d03 and Devo7 connection and pairing issues? (Video link)

Hello, I have a V450d03 RTF heli with a Devo 7 transmitter, it seems to work fine and I have been able to hover with it, but when I was out the other day there seemed to (maybe) have been some connectivity issues between the transmitter/receiver. It could also be that i touched one of the sticks too early and that the controller pairing stopped because of this.

The thing i'm looking at is the time to takes form when the helicopters battery is connected to when it is ready to read inputs on the transmitter. The instruction states that it should take 1-3 seconds for the devices to pair themselves, but it seems to take a lot longer most of the times. And I am unable to find references to what the audio being produced by the controller and the receiver means. The first one I understand is just a power-on sound from the transmitter, same for the reciever, but what about the rest? The instruction states that the receiver will make a "mechanical beep" when the pairing is done, it mentions nothing about the controller (the devo manual I found also does not say anything about this).

A side question if i may:
What happens should the controller be powered of mid-flight, while trying this with no rotors on the table it seems that the helicopter can't reconnect to the controller. I have the fail safes set up so that the throttle is shut down, but what if i don't have that setting turned on? (which btw is turned off in the factory default :S)

tl;dr:
What i want to know is if the video i post here is a correct behavior.
http://youtu.be/TsTY_PasS5M
(Video of Devo7 + V450d03 on a table being powered on)
Snellface is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that video shows one that is working properly WITHOUT a fixed id.... so it has to search for a signal.... if you setup a fixed id, it will pair much faster, and you won't have to worry about someone elses radio pairing with your bird.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick response! I am glad to hear that.

Would you recommend using a fixed ID? If so, anything I should consider while picking an ID, or should I just use whatever the transmitter have already randomized (if it is random?) for me?

If I do not use a fixed ID, is there a chance that the transmitter will pick an already selected ID, or does it listen to make sure whatever it selects is not already in use? (I understand that the chance if picking the exact same id is slim, I am mostly curious because I want to know as much as possible, and the instruction manuals were pretty bad)
Old 02-20-2015, 04:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would recommend using a fixed ID. I'd just use the random one your radio pops up with.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, then i'll do that. Thank you for your time!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in