Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x or 450x

I've been goin back and forth..I like the size of the 300 the head speed isn't as much as the 450...can u make both Helis fly sorta docile since I'm a noob pilot..I think for a 80-100 bucks more i can get the 450x over the 300x..
macz636 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe need to ask some questions:

What do you fly now?
What radio do you use?
What type of field do you have available?

That might give a starting point for this conversation.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've been asking around rtf mcpx..dx4e...eh it's ok I've had a dx6i which I will be getting again..I like the SR size just well u know it was the sr..everyone says 450 but I sorta like the 300x due to its size and less head speed..sorta noob but I was gonna go 130x but the mcpx I can fly outside when it's sorta calm..the horizon guys say the 300 is for people sorta stepping up and 450 for advanced..but the parts avail for the 450 like the skies the limit..
Old 12-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bottom line:

1. Get a DX6i or better Spektrum DSMX computer radio so that it can be easily programmed and will work correctly with the AR7200BX.

2. Get very familiar flying the mCP-x before attempting to fly the 300X or larger heli. It will be far less expensive in the long run and the mCP-x is more durable while training.

3. Get an experienced heli friend or find a club to get to so that you have help as these become more complex as you go up in size and you will have better chance of success with flying the larger birds. Make sure you get your AMA# so that you can go to these fields and be allowed to fly.

4. The 300X is what the SR was supposed to be...so yes it's a great heli.

5. The 450X is also a great heli but you need room to fly it, again to fly this one you will be best served by getting into a club with a flying field.

Hope that helps and happy flying!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll just add that by dropping to a 9T pinion on the 450X the headspeed is more reasonable and it becomes more docile. I also find it to be an overall better design than the 300X, and you will have more room to grow your flying skills with it.

Not that I'm disappointed with my 300X, it does what I expected. I just don't think it's a necessary step between mCPX and 450X. <shrug>
Old 12-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm..maybe 130x..to slow my progression..seems a lil steep..
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not at all. If you can hover an mCPX in all basic orientations and do basic forward flight, you will find a 450X (or anything larger) to be MUCH easier to fly. It's just the fear factor and potential for costly destruction that makes them scary.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
gtr
Registered Users

The 450X is much more fun than the 300x. 300x flies slower during foward flights and etc. If you have the space go 450x. See better, flies better, loops faster, and already has carbon blades and more power you will desire if you get the 300x.

The 300x I would consider the best value for money. It's alot of heli for it's price and I don't think anything comes close in that area.

Actually a 130x would be a good stepping stone since it has proper tail rotor.
gtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went straight from mcpx to 450x, after only about nine months of flying. I was already pretty confident with the mcpx and could do some mild 3D.

The 450x was a intimidating at first, once you tame the controls it's a super smooth heli to fly, much easier than an mcpx. You've always to be aware though that when it gets away from you, it can travel quickly.

I park fly the 450x, though I'm confident in not crashing and mainly stick to close-in 3D. The great thing is that when you take it to a flying field, you can really use the speed. It will also cope better with wind in larger spaces.

My first choice was a 300x, though cancelled my per-order before they were available and got the 450x, which I'm glad I did. Also when I'm flying with friends at the field, the 450x looks tiny in comparison to 550's and 600's.

I've also got a 130x which is great! I sold all but one of my mcpx's after buying the 130x.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm has me thinking..might unload my slash and maybe my rustler and get the 450x and 130x..hmmm.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a 450x, 450 3d and an sr. My backyard is not very big and I always feel cramped flying the 450 back there. The SR on the other hand, feels perfect for the yard size that I have to work with, and I found myself flying it back there more than my 450's. I rarely go to the local flying field which is 40 minutes away, but I love flying the 450's there. I am definitely going to pick up a 300x before next summer pretty much for backyard purposes only. Right now, I'm working on getting a 130x for the indoor (gym flying) season. I'd say that from what I've heard, as well as experienced, the 300x size is good for medium sized flying spaces such as a neighborhood backyard, but if you have the room, the 450x is just plain awesome!

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 11:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Own the 300x and love it ..very stable and does nothing unpredicable. Have owned it since mid oct and have yet to have a crash. With that said I have a 450x on order so time will tell if it flies as good as the 300. I will use expo to hopefully make it as stable as the 300..

If I was going by the sim alone I would not buy the 450 as it flies horrible. But i am crossing my fingers that is just the sim The mcpx flies better in real life than in the sim so I am hoping the 450x will be the same.

good luck no matter which way you go...

Retired: Hirobo Shuttle .28, Kalt Barron .61, LM 110, Corona 120
Fletchb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 01:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the 300x seems small less head spead and $100..cheap just want to see if I wanna stick with helis..ampdraw has 300x and i was gonna get a DX6i for around $460.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by macz636 View Post
I like the 300x seems small less head spead and $100..cheap just want to see if I wanna stick with helis..ampdraw has 300x and i was gonna get a DX6i for around $460.
Sounds like a pretty good plan. However, just remember that by the time you eventually upgrade your 300x to cf blades, frame stiffeners, and maybe a metal headblock, you will have paid ~ the same for a 450x, which is a much more capable, and better designed heli imho.

Xmas Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by macz636 View Post

If your not even sure you want to stick with helis, don't waste money on a full blown 450.

Get the 300X and a DX6I, that package alone will sell quicker than a 450 if you do decide to give it up.

If you find out that you do luv flying helis, stick with the 300x for a while and nail flying in all orientations, then you could go straight to a 500.

nbells
Old 12-24-2012, 04:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt the resale value on each of these heli's makes much diff. Downunder a stock 450x is a bit easier to sell than a stock 300x and the 450x retains most of it's additional cost.

I agree if you learn on a 300x a 500x is probably a next logical step. If you learn on a 450x your next logical step is probably a 550x (or larger). The 450x will take your flying skills to a much higher level than the 300x and it will probably mean that you will be satisfied with the 450x longer than a 300x.

Xmas cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

just have to wait till payday to decide...its pretty cold here in the states..so flyin my mcpx for now..
Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

I have both 300x and 450x. I agree with Tom by the time you get carbon blades and aluminum head block wich is a must if you really want fly it . Then you probably want a little better motor for power. When your done you basically got small 450x. The 450x comes like that out of the box and the frame strength and design is better than the 300 x. I say go with the 450x. Flying space to fly these helies doesn't really seeme to much difference in my opinion.
Happy flying
Flyby2.4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Sounds like a pretty good plan. However, just remember that by the time you eventually upgrade your 300x to cf blades, frame stiffeners, and maybe a metal headblock, you will have paid ~ the same for a 450x, which is a much more capable, and better designed heli imho.

Xmas Cheers,
TomC
I've found with Blade, if your spending alot of money to 'upgrade' a heli, you would have been better off just buying a bigger/ better heli.

The 300x is quite 3D capable, fun, solid flying in it's stock form. You can fly the stock woodie blades (they do need to be balanced). Frame stiffeners are not needed, nor is the metal head block..

It does not have the full power and snap of a 450x, but the 300x is quite lively and quick in stock form, and $100 less than the 450x..

I do agree that both heli's for me need similar sized fields for space.
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hands down the 450x i have every blade heli. The 450x is the easiest heli to fly out of my entire fleet. just be careful the 450x will do incredible damage to you or anything it hits.
hogan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in