Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default microheli 300x carbon and aluminum frame

Wow isn't anyone here on the 300x forum a little excited about this?? It is on its way apparently.
tmkarc1 hobby has it on their site for pre-order now!
http://www.microheli.com/store/produ...oducts_id/1300
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Wow isn't anyone here on the 300x forum a little excited about this??
To me that just looks like a way to make a crash more expensive and frame damage more likely.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
To me that just looks like a way to make a crash more expensive and frame damage more likely.
Ya maybe, and get rid of frame flex also, and easier to work on also etc etc LOL! Splitting frames to change bearings is not exactly a joy LOL!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I went through the headaches with the 130x frame re: soft aluminum frame members. If I ever do consider getting one of these (not terribly interested at $65) I want to see if they have any issues first.

Besides, I'm saving for an Ikon at this time (and Sturgis), so I need to keep my heli purchases low.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

At least, it's better than what we currently have: a flimsy, easy to break plastic frame. Honestly, price is not that bad (compared to what another well known after market company would charge for theirs -- $100+). Face it, it's a hobby, and you have to pay to play.
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been testing this frame for a while now and an earlier version. It is very stiff and quiet as well. I had interference problems and crashed a few times. Added a remote receiver and have not had another issue. No damage to the frame in any of the crashes just typical skids, blades and shafts. I believe this frame will do much better in a crash than the plastic frame.
I did send one to a friend to test and after 40-50 flights he never had any problems like I had.
I think everyone will be pleased with how stiff and solid this frame is. These pics are pre production so the final frame maybe slightly different

d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

How much are they??? 65 bucks, plus shipping-damn
Nelson34 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
I've been testing this frame for a while now and an earlier version. It is very stiff and quiet as well. I had interference problems and crashed a few times. Added a remote receiver and have not had another issue. No damage to the frame in any of the crashes just typical skids, blades and shafts. I believe this frame will do much better in a crash than the plastic frame.
I did send one to a friend to test and after 40-50 flights he never had any problems like I had.
I think everyone will be pleased with how stiff and solid this frame is. These pics are pre production so the final frame maybe slightly different

Are the frame members made of stiffer aluminum than they were starting out on the 130x?
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually when you think a MCPX frame or 130 is that much-
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
Actually when you think a MCPX frame or 130 is that much-
65 dollars for that frame is very reasonable. Just hope as they said they were that microheli gets the grade of the aluminum used in their products up to snuff. They need to keep an eye on what the vendors they use are actually using LOL!
Old 06-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are all 300x owners cheap, I think $65 is a good deal. This upgrade would be one of my first since I really dont see a need to upgrade other head/tail parts.
chopperman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
Looks nice, but how much does it weigh?
M3ATpl0w is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm hesitant to buy Microheli parts simply because I've had trouble getting them in a timely fashion in the past. Say you break a frame side and then have to wait 3 weeks to get a replacement when you could get a replacement stock frame in a matter of days or if you're lucky from your LHS.

It does look pretty sweet though. If it proves to be fairly robust I may consider it sometime down the road.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Ya maybe, and get rid of frame flex also, and easier to work on also etc etc LOL! Splitting frames to change bearings is not exactly a joy LOL!
Yup, I'm doing that right now. You are right, no fun!

The $65 bucks is not even remotely an issue to me, however the increased number of parts that can fail is an issue to me.

The landing gear on the prototype is ugly as sin. I'm glad that they moved away from it and allowed bolting up the stock plastic landing gear.

Currently I get a perfect 5 out of 5 bars for reception with my little R4L Jeti receiver anywhere I fly with it.

Frankly I don't trust them to design a whole airframe yet. I'll let some other people be Ginnea pigs first and see how part availability is for all the little pieces that make up their air frame. If they don't have the parts available individually and keep the parts in stock, I don't see the point. I'm not worried about the cost, but I hate waste and if I ended up with a pile of 75% frames because of a particular weakpoint that kept failing I wouldn't be happy about it.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't say I'm cheap-dont think anyone in this hobby can be called cheap. My problem is the fact that its already been new servos, motor, frame brace, dampers, main gear, pinion, main blades, tail blades, tail grips and horizontal fin-now a frame? And the stick canopy is not going to survive a hard landing.

Am I complaining? Yes and no. It's not my first Blade and I know work on them is involved. Currently my 300 is flying great and it's the perfect size for a school field. Just can't understand why blade can't charge a bit more and make a good product right out of the box on a consistent basis-I know some people are flying theirs with no issues right out of the box.

I have a 130 that is flying great but took some work to get there as well. I've had great luck with Microheli but read lots of people who have issues with their products unlike other brands. The 130 frame had lots of complaints which makes me hesitant to purchase BuT the 130 in the picture looks SwEEt! Hopefully more frames will come out soon. Also my LHS doesn't really carry too many if their parts which would cause delays on repairs if the Heli was in a crash.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Are the frame members made of stiffer aluminum than they were starting out on the 130x?
Yes, 7075 aluminum alloys were used in critical areas of the 300X frame, such as the main shaft bearing blocks, much stronger than 6061 previously used in 130x.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2282.JPG
Views:	454
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	429590   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2283.JPG
Views:	846
Size:	239.4 KB
ID:	429591   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2285.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	429592   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2284.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	429596   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2281.JPG
Views:	451
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	429597  

red_eyez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I'm hesitant to buy Microheli parts simply because I've had trouble getting them in a timely fashion in the past. Say you break a frame side and then have to wait 3 weeks to get a replacement when you could get a replacement stock frame in a matter of days or if you're lucky from your LHS.

It does look pretty sweet though. If it proves to be fairly robust I may consider it sometime down the road.
Tmkarc1hobby.com FTW, I get my microheli stuff from them in 2 days

Eh, I'll prolly get one when I get back from sturgis since it appears they are using stronger grade aluminum

Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
3vw
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Tmkarc1hobby.com FTW, I get my microheli stuff from them in 2 days

Eh, I'll prolly get one when I get back from sturgis since it appears they are using stronger grade aluminum
+1 on buying from Tmkarc1hobby.com... Mark is a great guy who takes care of his customers!
3vw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

going to get one
lane1986 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vw View Post
+1 on buying from Tmkarc1hobby.com... Mark is a great guy who takes care of his customers!
Thanks koi and 3vw. I did have a look at this site and am impressed with the selection. I'll give them a shot next time I'm ordering hop ups. And they're in Texas to boot...woohoo
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in