Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Considering Boca bearings...
I purchased a set of Boca bearings for the 300x, but haven't installed any of them yet. Also put a $20 pair of ceramic hybrids in the stock motor. They are totally wasted on the junk stocker. The single reason the motor has not been binned is those $20 aftermarket bearings.

Anyhoo. Shoot me a PM if you want to buy set I have. Having a 450x, I'm not too keen on dropping anymore coin into the 300x. I may just sell it off when it is flying again and take the $$ loss as I'll never get anything close to what I have in it.
http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-...0-x-flybarless

Since it was purchased in April, the 450x has cost me only a tail servo dropping diode that I had in the junk drawer.
Tim Wolff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Hmmm... this is getting weirder and weirder...

New belt, alu tail pulley, fixed the frame... At first: Yes! No vibes, also in IU 100%. Then there's a muted sound like "WHOP!" - then it shakes like crazy.
That IS strange. Mine only makes that sound when I fly it into something fairly solid... Did you track down the source of the noise?
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having this same problem and it doesn't do it in normal mode but as soon as I turn on stunt it will go to vibrating the tail and it started doing this on its 8th flight out of the box.
Losi22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Really stuck on this one!

Different head & grips, dampers. Main and spindle shaft new & true.

No vibes with main blades off, also in 100% IU.

But with them on - after a certain HS it shakes insanely. Skids go cracy even on the ground...

Must be main shaft bearings then???

(They feel ok & are lubed)

Here's a vid:

[ame]http://youtu.be/AK_o9DiG4fE[/ame]

It's so bad now I can't even take off!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1

Last edited by SHYguy; 08-26-2013 at 07:00 AM..
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the same problem guys, did everything i could think of, found that the carbon braces where coming unglued,reglued them and now i have my smooth heli back! Just to make sure i put all the parts i had takin off back on,still smooth!!!!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I swapped motors and my persistent vibration went away. It turns out I had a slightly bent main motor shaft that was transferring vibes to the main shaft. My 300x is now rock solid, I just want to go back to a better motor again as I'm back on stock.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

wht happened to the 2627 4200?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two 2627-4200's for sale $10.00 each.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the strangest heli I have ever owned. I upgraded it to a Scorpion 2213-14 motor with a 12T pinion on Lynx slant gear and at anything above 80% on TC she shook like crazy. New everything and still shook. Finally I replaced the main shaft for a second time. Shake gone even at 100%. Now I know some think this is to high a head speed but it flew great. Today I took her out and at the 85% (IU1) she shook so hard the canopy almost came off and the battery changed position enough to touch the motor. Back to flight mode normal and everything is great. Are these main shafts so bad that they bend or wear out just from use? I will again change out the main shaft but this does seem a little crazy. No crashes at all on this heli. I'm using the factory tail blades and the Align 450 tail setup. I also run Edge main blades. Maybe this heli just can't handle high head speeds.
moparherb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
This is the strangest heli I have ever owned. I upgraded it to a Scorpion 2213-14 motor with a 12T pinion on Lynx slant gear and at anything above 80% on TC she shook like crazy. New everything and still shook. Finally I replaced the main shaft for a second time. Shake gone even at 100%. Now I know some think this is to high a head speed but it flew great. Today I took her out and at the 85% (IU1) she shook so hard the canopy almost came off and the battery changed position enough to touch the motor. Back to flight mode normal and everything is great. Are these main shafts so bad that they bend or wear out just from use? I will again change out the main shaft but this does seem a little crazy. No crashes at all on this heli. I'm using the factory tail blades and the Align 450 tail setup. I also run Edge main blades. Maybe this heli just can't handle high head speeds.
Really think it's time for a Lynx or MicroHeli CF frame to stiffen things up real good!

I also just ordered a set of Boca bearings.

Do you have the main blades tight or loose? You may want to experiment a little with that.

You must have the Lynx frame brace! Check also for cracks in your frame. Before I got my vibration problems I ran 100% IU with 2213-14 on a 13T.

Last edited by SHYguy; 08-26-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Old 08-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

No cracks and yes I hve the Lynx frame brace. Before my vibrations started yesterday I to could fly at 100%. That's what so strange. Nothing changed and now it vibrates terribly at anything over 80-85%. I don't think I will sink the money in this heli for that Microheli frame. This is a nice heli but not a great one so my hobby dollars can be better spent elsewhere. I'm convinced that this vibration problem will from time to time rear its ugly head no matter how much money you through at it.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like we're in the same boat for now

Mine was great for a long time with Wicked, Parkfly 2632 and now Scorp. With HS up to 3700. And every time I had vibes they were easy to rid.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1 View Post
wht happened to the 2627 4200?
the shaft must've gotten slightly bent on a hard crash I had a while back. I can't straighten the shaft but found that by loosening the mesh ever so slightly with the main gear, the vibe goes away. So I went and flew it again and it was flying as good as ever, then I dumb thumbed in AGAIN totally my fault. Eventually I'll replace the motor with another just like it once it's back in stock at HK. I did find that if I went much past 80% as my IU throttle, the vibe would return. It's fun to fly at 80% (well above stock performance, not to mention quiet), but I'd love to have it at 100% assuming nothing gets fried.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking The shit hit the fan :-D

While still waiting for my Boca bearings I thought "what the hell, lets go for it and see what happens"...

It took off with massive vibrations... then after a few secs that now familiar sound reappeared - kinda like *FOPP*... it then fell like a stone with a broken main shaft (new one). So there is no longer any doubt. It must be the main bearings that are defective causing the main shaft to flex/osciallate so much that it eventually breaks in half.

OTOH I don't think it'd hurt to have some stronger material in the main shaft or a solution without the hole in it. That plus good bearing and a proper frame should be the ticket.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thankfully all those good things are on the way.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1 View Post
Thankfully all those good things are on the way.
...but I need this NOW! The cold is coming fast and daylight is less and less every day now...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shyguy, I'm convinced that even with new bearings I'm only going to get a few flights out of the 300X before the main shaft is either bent or out of round. I think that 90% of all the vibration problems are the main shaft. Either they are to soft our not sturdy enough for this bird. Now if I had stayed with the original (junk) motor maybe the main shafts would have lasted longer, I don't know. I replaced my main shaft yesterday and even though this heli has not had a crash yet my vibrations at 100% TC went away. How long before they are back I don't know but I'm going to try and keep track of how many flights I get on this shaft.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kinda seems like I've entered a batch of less good main shafts then. Never had this issue before, doing the same headspeeds.

Seems a bit unlikely to me that the bearings alone could do this... but who knows

How are the guys with the MH frame doing?

Mopaherb, you could always govern down.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The search goes on...

OK, so I tried with another shaft today. A used one as I had no new spares. It looked to be straight. I took off the Lynx OWB to check if that was relewant, which it wasn't.

What I noticed was that the top bearing holder was really messed up from the last main shaft breakage:

I used CA to fill out the gap before trying with anoter shaft. And of course it was just as horrible.

I'm starting to suspect tha the shaft is already cracked on one side of the bolt hole. Can't wait to go home and check!...

That would explain the sudden existence of vibes in the middle of a flight...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MSbearings.jpg
Views:	793
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	448104  
Old 09-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is that a part of the main frame that the bearing sits into? If so i'd deff be replacing the frame with an MH one. I think your right it seems like a lot of these wierd vibe issues are coming from the frame. Once i get mine in and fly it if i like the size of it for my yard and decide i wanna keep it i'll be ordering the MH frame right off the bat for it as it already has the rest of the usual metal upgrades.
Stubbz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in