Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Power Lab6 Max input voltage?

Hey Fellas,

Got a powerlab 6 recently to charge some packs for a TRex 700E. Anyway, I've been really happy with it so far, although I'm a bit frustrated by the very narrow window of input voltage that the charger supposedly has. The manual says that 1000W can be achieved with an input voltage between 30-32 Volts? Who even has a power supply that can do that? I'm running dual HP DPS600PB server supplies that output about 25v @47A. I could run 3 and do 36V but I'm afraid I'd "let the smoke out" of the charger by doing this.. Has anyone tested this charger on 36V? I'm getting 850ish watts at full throttle which is pretty good, I can charge 4 6S packs (5300mah) at close to 2C, but I'd like to see the full 1000W..

Thanks!
Geardaddy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately there is not much to say on this. Without getting some unusual power supply that can output 30-32V I think you are stuck at the 850ish watt mark. The PL6 and ICharger 306B are similar in there output at 24V charging large 6S batteries. The 306B is only at the 750ish watt range even though it is a 1000W charger too (1000W or 30A).
If you really want more charging output with your existing power supplies I would suggest moving up to the PL8, that will give you 1344W at 25V input. Personally for me, 2C on my big batteries is all I normally charge at when at the field (6S 5000mah batteries). By the time I am done flying a set of batteries and come back to the pits, the set being charged is just about finished charging.
Maybe Mark can weigh in here on whether the PL6 can take 36V, but I doubt it since it is not specified in the manual.
pctomlin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hey, thanks very much! And Mark, thanks for weighing in on my question "elsewhere". Seems 850 will have to do.. Not going to spend more on a power supply to get to 30v. Mark says def DO NOT put 36V to this charger. The online power calc shows the 8 will deliver 6A more with the same power supply. I'll call this or good enough!
Geardaddy is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in