Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Nice write up Dude Good explination of arming for both Gov Tx and Gov arm modes.

I use a V curve in Gov Arm mode all the time these days, mainly as I allows me to get away with running with a cracked (and easily twistable) main shaft, while have a tail that holds well.

In Gov Tx mode, I find that if the main shaft is even slightly cracked the tail will blow out as least 30 degrees with even gentle pitch pumps.

I fly the Nano indoors in a gym hall and it really takes a pounding. I'd need to change the main shaft every week if I was using Gov Tx mode LOL!!
I replace my mainshaft daily. lol +1 Spilt mainshaft definitely causes tbo. I haven't tried gov arm mode. Would I need the usb to access it, which I do not want to solder, or could I change it with the TX?
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 01:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's a way to set the parameters for blheli using the TX theres a certain arming process that takes you into a program mode and I think you use beeps to set values you could set gov arm mode like that I don't know the exact process maybe someone else could chime in that knows a little more about it.
Covers69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covers69 View Post
There's a way to set the parameters for blheli using the TX theres a certain arming process that takes you into a program mode and I think you use beeps to set values you could set gov arm mode like that I don't know the exact process maybe someone else could chime in that knows a little more about it.
You can find the process here,
https://github.com/bitdump/BLHeli/tree/master/SiLabs
Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nevermind.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm new here to gov-arm and I'm working to dial in a V-curve for my mild BL Nano. What are some values for throttle % (on arming) and V-curves that have worked for folks with a mild setup?

I'm currently running between 75-78% when I initialize gov-arm and then in IDLE UP I've got a throttle V-curve of 100-90-80-90-100 but I'm still getting some tail kick on positive pitch pumps even if I go up to 100-95-90-95-100 and 100-100-100-100-100.

What am I missing here? Should I be reducing the main motor throttle initialization value maybe down to 70% or something or lower? Should I have an asymmetrical V-curve? I'd like to get some advice from folks who have successfully dialed theirs in and what values they ended up with.

I'm running stock boom, tail motor, and tail rotor as well.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought I read somewhere that holding the rudder far left while setting the governor in gov arm mode stopped the tail from starting up. I'm not sure as I use Gov tx and I'm happy with this as I have a BL tail as well with no TBO.

When I finish my stock tail, BL main nano I will use the gov arm mode to aid the tail with a V curve
Old 01-01-2014, 12:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

When setting up using the transmitter is there a way to varify what gov mode I am in?
rcdave13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2014, 02:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboHeli View Post
I'm new here to gov-arm and I'm working to dial in a V-curve for my mild BL Nano. What are some values for throttle % (on arming) and V-curves that have worked for folks with a mild setup?

I'm currently running between 75-78% when I initialize gov-arm and then in IDLE UP I've got a throttle V-curve of 100-90-80-90-100 but I'm still getting some tail kick on positive pitch pumps even if I go up to 100-95-90-95-100 and 100-100-100-100-100.

What am I missing here? Should I be reducing the main motor throttle initialization value maybe down to 70% or something or lower? Should I have an asymmetrical V-curve? I'd like to get some advice from folks who have successfully dialed theirs in and what values they ended up with.

I'm running stock boom, tail motor, and tail rotor as well.

Hi, I've been systematically experimenting with different settings. Rather than setting myself up with the high end of the throttle curve, I dropped it down to the low end of the recommended settings. After experimenting with different settings, I found that my headspeed was probably too high for the tail that I'm using anyway. So, on the low end, it appears that the settings:

68% fixed throttle (set up at initialization of the ESC in gov-arm mode)
100%-50%-100% V-curve dialed into my throttle for FMODE-1

worked the best from the other V-curves I tried (90-80-90, 100-80-100, 90-70-90). I got the least amount of tail wag in EITHER direction with a stock boom and a 42mm Lynx tail blade from the other settings that I've tried so far.

I'm now going to take it up to 72% throttle on initialization and see if that V-curve works for me as well.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I'm happy to say that my V-curve of 100-75-50-75-100 seems to work very well for positive and negative pitch pumps at both a fixed gov-arm speed of 68% as well as 72% on my mild BL NanoCPX.

I'm quite happy with the way it performs and was pleased to see that it seemed to have a noticeable amount of additional power compared to my stock NanoCPX. I wasn't sure about it but now that I have things dialed in very well on my TX, I'm pretty happy with it.

I'm flying a stock tail boom. I put a 42mm tail rotor on it because the Lynx green color is more vibrant than the stock EFlite green but I couldn't tell the difference in performance, to be honest (at least not yet).

Tags
arm, brushless, esc, governor, v-curve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in