Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail pushrod wearing through???

G'day guys.

I now have a good 100 or so flights on my L700 and I have noticed that the carbon pushrod is being worn away by the pushrod guide.

Is anyone else experiencing this wear??

Has mikado revised the design of the guide as the pushrod is quite loose in the guide.

I usually give the pushrod a little drop of oil every 10 or so flights when I oil the tail pitch slider .... could oiling it accelerate the wear??
notorious_benny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The rod showing some wearing after many flights is pretty standard for Logo helis. It's the same guide design and rod that's used on the Logo 400, 500, 600, 700 and 800 (just different length rods).

I don't think oiling it helps any. We've been flying Logos since 2007, and tried it both ways. The wearing happens either way it seems.

If the rods survives long enough to start showing some serious signs of wear, we just move it forward or backwards on the boom slightly, and start a new location for the wearing to take place.

By the time you've moved it once forward and once backwards from its original position, you'd have like 300 or so flights on the heli. If it's still the original rod after 300 flights, you hopefully can afford to get a new rod (think of all the money you've saved by not crashing for 300 flights)

(-: Dave
dahld is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Henseleit gives you teflon sleeves for the tail pushrod on a TDR. Clear. They are slick and not grippy. Very thin. This would 100% stop this and solve problem.

I have searched low and high and far and can't find right size to get in states. I KNOW it is avail but that is solution.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

But putting that heat shrink Teflon tubing on the tail rod means that you will need a different diameter guides here won't be room in the hold in the guide for the stock tail rod PLUS the thickness of the Teflon tubing

For my xxtremes I am switching to the diabolo tail rod guides, I really like the way these are made.
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurase View Post
Henseleit gives you teflon sleeves for the tail pushrod on a TDR. Clear. They are slick and not grippy. Very thin. This would 100% stop this and solve problem.

I have searched low and high and far and can't find right size to get in states. I KNOW it is avail but that is solution.

Norman Ross Jr.
Norman, How thick is the TDR supplied heat shrink wall's? Just checked my favorite online electronic parts supply house and I see PTFE heat shrink tubing with 4.9mm ID before shrink with .3mm walls thickness after shrinking. It will shrink down to 2.8mm.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...48-Q-ND/449314

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious_benny View Post
G'day guys.

I now have a good 100 or so flights on my L700 and I have noticed that the carbon pushrod is being worn away by the pushrod guide.

Is anyone else experiencing this wear??

Has mikado revised the design of the guide as the pushrod is quite loose in the guide.

I usually give the pushrod a little drop of oil every 10 or so flights when I oil the tail pitch slider .... could oiling it accelerate the wear??
Don't think oiling will be a good idea, I have an Logo600se push rod that's visibly getting thin. Just checked and its .1mm thinner at the guide but after over 900 flights thats not to bad. Like the Teflon shrink idea.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 800 is wearing a bit thinner also after 59 flights.

I think the guide is a bit to short. I have a bls 256 on mine and the rod has a gentle bow in it at rest , roll the servo over to full throw and that bow is increased quite a bit.

It would be nice to have a longer guide ( just a slight bow in the other direction ) with a plasitc sleeve fitted to it. Then a teflon shrink or a metal sleeve like the align 700e for example.

25mm boom makes for less options to borrow off another brand.

A few years back there were some guys here wanting a metal tail for the logo 600 series. They bought the "TZ" tailbox for it and pieced togeather the rest. Tailbox is a 25mm boom

Martin
Logo 600 8917/ 9188 4035-500 VBC NEO
rcmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.heliproz.com/MA0868-4-Tef...ctinfo/114728/

Here you go fits the rod perfectly, just need to open up the guide abit with a round file and ensure no bind or grab etc..
Old 02-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalic View Post
Norman, How thick is the TDR supplied heat shrink wall's? Just checked my favorite online electronic parts supply house and I see PTFE heat shrink tubing with 4.9mm ID before shrink with .3mm walls thickness after shrinking. It will shrink down to 2.8mm.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...48-Q-ND/449314
Hi Wayne, I checked DigiKey (one of my favorite suppliers also) and that's a non stocked item and the minimum order quantity is 25. I checked Mouser and Newark and it's the same there as well.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
Hi Wayne, I checked DigiKey (one of my favorite suppliers also) and that's a non stocked item and the minimum order quantity is 25. I checked Mouser and Newark and it's the same there as well.
Ouch, you would have to want it bad!

This one from Newark is in stock, but a clubs lifetime supply of 25 3meter lengths for 76.50. I don't need it that bad!
http://www.newark.com/pro-power-form...tfe/dp/92N6014

Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
http://www.heliproz.com/MA0868-4-Tef...ctinfo/114728/

Here you go fits the rod perfectly, just need to open up the guide abit with a round file and ensure no bind or grab etc..

Thats more like it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in