Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 AM   #1241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah Hemp,take off and landings...but if i can figure a way to use the t & a ,except of coarse......,never mind
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #1242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post
finishing rebuilding mine as I type this. it's all put back together just need to move the tail servo to the right spot. I need to figure out how to do that, and get it at the right spot, and then replace the flybar control arms which I broke putting it back together, so I just need to finish the tail, and the flybar and I'm good.
There is a B450 mechanical set up vid on Blades web site that will walk you thru the tail setup.I`m all but positive that there is probly one here somewhere on HF.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #1243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got mine all back together after my last crash:
New frame, landing gear, new main gear, blades, boom, and main grip bearings were not perfect smooth so I replaced those too. I also reverted back to the CX-3x1000 FBL.

First hover good except for hyperactive tail shake.. oops, the gain settings I had written down were for my old DX6i TX.. Forgot to do the math to convert those numbers to DX7s gain numbers..

Maybe I'll get some real turkey day flying in..
InFocus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #1244 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D 4511 View Post
There is a B450 mechanical set up vid on Blades web site that will walk you thru the tail setup.I`m all but positive that there is probly one here somewhere on HF.
I put it where when the tail servo was centered the tail blades were at 0 pitch/centered or whatever. is that correct?
kuzican is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #1245 (permalink)
Registered Users

Set the gyro gain at the TX to 50%, which will disable the gyro, with rudder at mid stick, tail servo is centered, pitch slider should be center.. The blades will have some pitch when slider is centered, this is as intended.

See:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTSTncLpYU&list=PLEFD5ABFB9D558771&index= 5&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Starting at :27 seconds is the tail setup..
Old 11-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #1246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok. I got it right the first time = D
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #1247 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

just took mine up for a first flight after rebuild. it flies, but the blade tracking was horrific. i think it has something to do with how I shimmed in the blade grips. might go buy a set of the regular blade woodies and see how they do.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #1248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Send pics of your rotor head assembly. Did you try to adjust the rod linkages to fix the tracking? Also, double check the little bell mixer arms, (part 12 in the diagram, blh1618). Note that one side of these mixer arms are longer than the other.. A common thing that folks have gotten wrong in the past.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #1249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I haven't adjusted anything yet. after I crashed I just replaced the spindle shaft and flybar. and left all the links how they were.

I went back to the stock blades and the tracking was still off. so now I'm going back to the shimmed blades. going to mark one of them with some magic marker and then start adjusting.

will post pic up in a sec.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #1250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here's a pic of the head with no blades on. I'm gluing the shims onto the blades now.

got some readyheli mints too along with my blades, lol.

EDIT: forgot to put picture in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headpicturenoblades.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	368162  
Old 11-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #1251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

here's the downward pic.

Edit: after fixing the shims and going to test fly it. I glued the shims to the blades this time. they're tracking perfectly now.

now I just need to adjust the swash/level it so it doesn't slowly drift off to the right. it's always been doing it I'm just lazy to fix it.

thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downwardhead.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	368177  
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #1252 (permalink)
Registered Users

The head looks right.. So if tracking is off, just adjust one of the swash to grip links, (mark which one you adjust).. Then try again. If tracking gets better, cool, if it got worse, then put that link back, and adjust the other one..
Old 11-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #1253 (permalink)

i put my gopro on it today

Crash_Expert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #1254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Expert View Post
where you going to put battery and did you take a mirror pic? the elevator servo looks like its on the right side other then left.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #1255 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
where you going to put battery and did you take a mirror pic? the elevator servo looks like its on the right side other then left.
the battery goes on the bottom
the macbook camera reverses everything
Old 11-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #1256 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFocus View Post
The head looks right.. So if tracking is off, just adjust one of the swash to grip links, (mark which one you adjust).. Then try again. If tracking gets better, cool, if it got worse, then put that link back, and adjust the other one..
I got it. thanks though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Expert View Post
Get any video from it yet? I have a feeling you're going to get some nice vibes in the video. when I ziptied mine to the bottom of the heli in pretty much the same fashion I got really bad vibes. guy on youtube has a really nice way of putting it on. I just need to find some foam or something which will go above and below the gopro and then ziptied on the bottom of the frame.

as for the battery. duct tape can be used to make a little sleeve for it and then just wrap it around the bottom of the frame and attached to the sleeve. works very well. Holds the battery in tight and it can still be removed.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #1257 (permalink)
Registered Users

I found that keeping the gopro in a padded waterproof case, and attaching one of the black plastic hinges to it works well for hanging it from the nose. I picked up a pack of those extra small zip ties and run one through the velcro slot on the nose, then wrap it around the front of the plastic hinge while it's hanging off the top tip of the nose, then pull it tight with pliers. To keep from bending the motor wires too much I either thread the bolt through them or bend them the sides. A single rubber band can be used to help stabilize it so it doesn't twist around. No vibes, no skids in picture, better variety of angles, good balance, and you don't have to worry about flybar strikes. Quick to install, 1 quick snip to take off. The only con is having to bend or thread your motor wires around it.

PS
I think your paddles and grips are on backwards? lol
I know, macbook cam. Still looks funny.

Last edited by runtim23; 11-23-2012 at 10:45 AM.. Reason: PS
runtim23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #1258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtim23 View Post
I found that keeping the gopro in a padded waterproof case, and attaching one of the black plastic hinges to it works well for hanging it from the nose. I picked up a pack of those extra small zip ties and run one through the velcro slot on the nose, then wrap it around the front of the plastic hinge while it's hanging off the top tip of the nose, then pull it tight with pliers. To keep from bending the motor wires too much I either thread the bolt through them or bend them the sides. A single rubber band can be used to help stabilize it so it doesn't twist around. No vibes, no skids in picture, better variety of angles, good balance, and you don't have to worry about flybar strikes. Quick to install, 1 quick snip to take off. The only con is having to bend or thread your motor wires around it.

PS
I think your paddles and grips are on backwards? lol
I know, macbook cam. Still looks funny.
UPDATE:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=473527

thanks for the info

also the video was okay... very very little jello but it was indeed noticeable
Old 11-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #1259 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 more flights, at 101 flights since conversion okay morning lil cooler then I like but sun was out few white clouds

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #1260 (permalink)
Registered Users

4 more flights for me, with the rebuilt B450 3D, back to the CX-3x1000 FBL.
Flew great! Awesome day of flying..

My buddy who used to fly rc heli's back in the 90's (yes, with mechanical gyros etc), thinks the head speed on these 450's is waaaay too high. So we played around big time with throttle and pitch curves, just so I could see what it would feel like. Plus it makes it interesting to experiment.. It would take a little getting used to, to fly like that all the time, but it was smooooth..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in