Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > New Member Section

New Member Section If you are new to HF, please tell us a little bit about yourself. What Helis do you fly? You will find our community very friendly, why not break the ice and introduce yourself.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hello from Slovenia

yes, that's in central Europe... you got it right the first time

Learning about RC helicopters from the net, youtube, forums... etc

Starting a little late, being 30 years old already.
I just bought the phoenix 4.0 simulator set with the DX6I (yet to be delivered later this week), since i will be buying the blade 120 SR (BNF set) as my first fixed pitch heli, so i can learn. then much later on, i'll prolly upgrade to the SR, if not the 300X, we'll see what the future holds - especially in interest, since i would like to end up with the blade 500, kitted out with a body, i got in sight... maybe something else will turn up until then, pulling more of my interest. for now 3D is nice to look at, but i don't think i would like to put a heli of mine thru that.

i've been told that the simulator will help me greatly on getting used to the controls, some even say it's "dead on" (direct quote from youtube) how a heli handles in real. it'll be in use for the next (at least) 2 months if not more, until i save up the money for the helicopter. being unemployed doesn't help.

aaaaaaaanyways, great forum, looking forward to learning a lot more, until then, TTYL

Cheers,
Reg
RegY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Reg.I started helis at 46,I am 50 now and just getting good at inverted flight...
The sim will be the best tool you start with..When you get into CP I think the 300x is a much better machine than the 120 sr..They are more of a pain than they are worth...I have been there and done that...
You are above the rest because you found this place....
Welcome aboard ...
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey there!

Hey there RegY and welcome to Helifreak (from a fellow newbie)! I'm also in the midst of learning CP helis on the Phoenix simulator! 28 years young here and also have some Family in Slovenia ( my Oma and Mom came to the states 50ish years ago ) Shoot me a PM sometime, I'd enjoy to hop on Phoenix multiplayer with you and share some newbie woes!

I've been flying the Heli-Max Novus 200 FP heli for a couple of months now and can NOT shake the addiction, so i figured I'd join here with the rest of the heli fiends haha.
About to pull the trigger and buy my first CP in the next month or so! Still haven't decided whether or not to go the mcpx route as I do not like working on the tiny tiny machines Would much rather start with a 300x If i can afford it, but i dont like the idea of expensive repair bills either! Welcome and stay in touch!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never too OLD! I just started flying helis this year and I will also be 40 this year. Welcome to HF, these guys ROCK and have a ton of great info to help you on your way. The guys here have helped me a ton. Where are you in Slovenia? I was in Bovec last summer. Great Place and I look forward to going back.
Oreshooter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you for your warm welcome, guys

I'm in Maribor....

hm, so you guys say i'm not too old, ok

i know learning is a bit hard, but i would like to first master the FP helis, before i move on to CP, that's why the 120SR

shoot me a PM any time, or add me on skype under regy.mf , i'll be happy to have a long chat and harvest the knowledge.

Cheers,
Reg
RegY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in