Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 AM   #481 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I doubt that your example provides any clue as to whether they have great support or not. It is a single example where something went astray. Perhaps the phone lines went down, or they had a power cut, or they had to evacuate the building for a bomb scare. Based on what I read in here, if the experience of other people is anything to go by, the support is normally excellent, and I can't imagine that questioning their commitment to support will do anything to assist you in receiving support from them in this forum, which they do frequent, and often contribute to.

That aside, it doesn't bother me, so hopefully to help a little, though others may be able to help more, the DX8 needs to be able to output a switchable value independent of the flight modes, so if your gear channel if somehow linked to your flight modes, then this would give difficulties with the CPII seeing different values as the flight mode was changed. You just need the gear channel to change value only in response to your gear switch. Put a cheap servo in there, and see what it does, and make sure it doesn't respond to the flight mode switch. If it is a three position switch then you should get three servo positions, and this will allow you to select more CPII modes.

When you are doing the set-up, you will get to a point where you will be asked to enable remote on/off. Somewhere during this step you will be able to see the actual value that the CPII is receiving, and you will be able to see if it changes or not when you move the switch. If you can see that the value changes, but the CPII then reports that the value didn't change enough, then you could increase the channel end points to rectify this, however a normal setting of 100% should be enough.

Elsewhere, later I think, you will be asked if you are going to need to set the gain in the CPII. Since you are short of channels, and have gone for this option, this is where you would choose yes to controlling the gain from the CPII, and would set the value accordingly for your gyro.

Length of the tube doesn't matter and I'm unclear as to why you have updated the firmware 'too soon', as you were advised, if you are using the HD module. Maybe it is because you are supposed to have a known, proven, working, CPII platform, before you deploy the HD module, and that the update is not recommended if you are not deploying the HD, which by default creates a sort of natural order by which to do things.

Cheers

Sutty

Last edited by sutty; 04-20-2013 at 10:57 AM..
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #482 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FLIGHT MODE AIDE-de-MEMOIRE

was unable to attach file thus had to cnx post
naejer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #483 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FLIGHT MODES

Could anyone please confirm accuracy to data in this table regarding what happens in the selectable five flight modes. I have yet to experiment with manual emergency recovery only auto ER. To date, I've placed a dozen or so flights with Hard Deck module and I am on version 5 of my table. (I would attach table here but I am unable to post attachments)

I don't understand the logic of the OFF Flight Mode if the user can already cycle co-pilot to OFF via TX aux switch.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=109
Old 07-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #484 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gyro Question

Hi All,

I just got my CPII package and have a Gyro Question.

All the talk in the manual about freeing up a spare channel is what is confusing me.

I have an 8 Channel Rx with 2 spare AUX Channels (7 & 8)

So, I have 2 spare channels to use as On/Off for CPII.

If that's the case, can I just leave all my gyro leads as is in the Rx or do I still need to connect my Gyro to the CPII Computer ?

Channel 4 is my Gyro Rudder & Channel 5 is my Gyro Gain ? Channel.

Confused as what I need to plug into what with the gyro/rudder now. I have looked all through the manual & this long thread, but still can't figure it out.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

paul.
minskie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #485 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by minskie View Post
Hi All,

I just got my CPII package and have a Gyro Question.

All the talk in the manual about freeing up a spare channel is what is confusing me.

I have an 8 Channel Rx with 2 spare AUX Channels (7 & 8)

So, I have 2 spare channels to use as On/Off for CPII.

If that's the case, can I just leave all my gyro leads as is in the Rx or do I still need to connect my Gyro to the CPII Computer ?

Channel 4 is my Gyro Rudder & Channel 5 is my Gyro Gain ? Channel.

Confused as what I need to plug into what with the gyro/rudder now. I have looked all through the manual & this long thread, but still can't figure it out.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

paul.
Keep your existing gyro to RX configuration and route CPll on/off connector to either free RX channel. During your setup procedures, CPll has you cycle your TX switch that you intend to utilize for CPll on/off, thus at that moment you will know if the comm link is working. Remember that for effectiveness your spare aux channels should be switches vice sliders or rotary knobs.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #486 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by naejer View Post
Keep your existing gyro to RX configuration and route CPll on/off connector to either free RX channel. During your setup procedures, CPll has you cycle your TX switch that you intend to utilize for CPll on/off, thus at that moment you will know if the comm link is working. Remember that for effectiveness your spare aux channels should be switches vice sliders or rotary knobs.

Thanks naejer,

That's cleared it up for me. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:45 AM   #487 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default COPILOT II

Hi to all.

I received my Copilot II, I have a Spektrum DX6i and AR600 receiver.

I would like to install it on a Easystar glider V2.

the way on / off on avionics computer connects to what?

Thank you for your answer
ryckey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #488 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckey View Post
Hi to all.

I received my Copilot II, I have a Spektrum DX6i and AR600 receiver.

I would like to install it on a Easystar glider V2.

the way on / off on avionics computer connects to what?

Thank you for your answer
Usually the gear switch

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #489 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6i Gear Switch?

ok,

Finally installed my CPII on a Blade 450 3D

I am using a DX6i

How in creation do you set the Gear switch to control the on/off function on a DX6i ???

I've read all the posts on this & I still dont get it????

Help please.

Cheers
Old 07-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #490 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want to get a CoPolt 2 but not sure which one I should buy, can anyone assist?
Eco 8 (Grave Yard)
scalci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #491 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

CPII-C3 - Combo 3 includes all current system components available for Co Pilot II including the vertical sensor and the FUIM3 PC interface

Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #492 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you, I will look where the best price for a Combo3 is then...
Eco 8 (Grave Yard)
scalci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2014, 12:23 AM   #493 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all. I just purchased a used CPll. It has the latest firmware flashed to it, v2.4something. It did not come with a Hard Deck.

Can I reflash the firmware to an older version over the newer version without causing problems?
Blowfishing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #494 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe it can be done....

Originally Posted by BlueRay
Just installed a new in the box, but old version, CoPilot II, existing firmware seems quite old at Ver 1.38, when I run the Updater it gives me a choice of 2.37, 2.4 and 2.41, I read that unless you are going to install the hard deck module to not install 2.37 and beyone but my Ver 1.38 seems old and perhaps too out of date, can I install other udates a different way without having to go with these new ones?
Hi:

Good question. Sorry for the confusion. Prior to the Hard Deck Module, the newest firmware release was v1.47. When we came out with the Hard Deck Module, we went to v2.xx series altogether. Since it appears you don't have the Hard Deck Module, you want v2.04 firmware which is simply a recompiled form of v1.47. Before you install v2.40, you need to check the "update bootstrap" checkbox, and click the Update Firmware button one time. When that's done, then go back to the list, highlight v2.04 and click Update Firmware a second time.

Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #495 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Nightflyr. I got a similar email from Howard on Friday. I thin the firmware update is a little confusing due to the window of available firmware options not showing the complete list all at once. As with shown by the quote you supplied, it appears at quick glance to offer only the few latest versions. To find the older versions, you have to scroll through the list.

That and the FAQ on the Revolectrix site suggesting that if you have flashed to the newer versions, then you are pretty much SOL!

Quote:
2) Currently, we wish to discontinue support for old versions of CPII Avionics Computer firmware prior to v2.37. Therefore, once you click the update bootstrap button and then upgrade from firmware versions prior to v2.37, there's no going back. If we find there are too many issues, this could change, but we'd rather sort out any anomalies and adjust newer firmware to compensate.
Anyway, I was able to get the CPII back to version 2.04. The weather here has not been very good, so I have not had the chance to try it out yet.

Again, thanks for all of your help. I have read many of your posts on the CPII and found them to be very informative.
Blowfishing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #496 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad to hear you have t sorted out ....

Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 AM   #497 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again co-pilot saved the day and my wallet!!

Makes flying so much more enjoyable, heck this was the third day in a row i was out on the field!!
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #498 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any pics of CoPilot II on a Blade 4503d? Looking for mounting ideas. Thanks
franknsled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #499 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CPII Main sensor Fail

Hi Guys

I have a main sensor fail on my CPII, new system just installed.

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement in the uk as the company i brought the system from in the uk no longer stocks any.
jonnoaway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2016, 07:46 PM   #500 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnoaway View Post
Hi Guys

I have a main sensor fail on my CPII, new system just installed.

Does anyone know where i can get a replacement in the uk as the company i brought the system from in the uk no longer stocks any.

Not in UK, but you can order directly from the manufacturer at http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...II-Main-Sensor

Carlos
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in