Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location
Default Jermo's DX7 Setup Video

This is version #3
All previous version are now obsolete!

VIDEO -> Programming the DX7 Version 3 (63 Megs)

Enjoy and be sure to thank Jermo for the video!

Last edited by Skiddz; 01-22-2019 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: "Fixed" video link
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2007, 02:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good job on the vid. You just forgot one nice menu. The list menu. It shows everything on one list and you can jump to the section you need quickly. :wink:
skid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 06:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Skid - I'll put that in version 2 I'm working on that now. Just waiting for feed back on this one. V2 is alot different than V1 so far.. more detail..etc
Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Jermo, just watched your vid and was very helpful to a new guy like me who is just learning...Thank You!!... I'm looking forward to the next video....
mowery1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

now this is great!!!!!!
CHOPPER BOB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Jermo is learning how to do "finless" style videos but I gotta say of all that have tried it before, he has done a good job on his first run!

Bob
Old 02-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX7 Video

Great video...looking forward to V2. A more detailed look into the programming and especially setting up the GY401 would be fantastic. I'm very new to RC heli's and the DX7 is the first radio I've programmed. It was not difficult per se but it did take a lot of trial and error and . I still don't think I have the 401 set up properly. Regardless...to both you and Finless...a giant thanks for all the help so far!
Old 02-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have revision 2 filmed, just need to do edits and transitions. I plan to have this ready tonight (thurs 15Feb07). I'm having fun and I'm sure I'll make mistakes. I did Rev 2 more like Finless does with short clips so when I mess up I only have to replace one small clip

The Gyro setup should prove to be interesting. I wanted to set it up in a way that would make adjusting the gain easy. I believe i have it right. I want to go back and re-read the docs to find out more about normal mode (I keep my gyro in Heading hold mode all the time).
Jermo
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Old 02-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

so far so good can't wait to see #2
kevhed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't get through all the edits, I made a bunch of errors so I ended up with about 2 hours of tape to get about 20 minutes of usable video. I'm doing well with it I'm just not finished and it's 10pm. I'll get it asap.. sorry folks.
Jermo
Old 02-15-2007, 09:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

That OK Jermo.... just that fact that your trying and making helpful videos is a plus man.... Do it till you feel good about it and post it... I am sure people will get a LOT of value man...

Bob
Old 02-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still awake and saving..I've not done final review but I may just upload it and fix it later. It's so much better than the first one.
Jermo
Old 02-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Jermo, when I post V2 do you want me to delete V1 or leave it up? In other words are these BOTH to be viewed or just V2? Your choice man....

Bob
Old 02-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please replace revision 1 with revision 2
Jermo

edit: removed link
Old 02-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Sorry for the delay..... Version 2 is now up.

THanks Jermo!

Bob
Old 02-16-2007, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

EVEN BETTER! V2 is great. The gryro section really clears it up being able to see the chart and explaining 82% = 32%....that would definitely explain why my tail has not been holding well

Thanks and keep up the great work Jermo & Finless...you guys are a huge help for the new folks. Hopefully I'll be making a video someday too.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Great Great Great the video clears up a lot of things for me.
Thank You
Richard
oldkid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2007, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found one area of concern for the Gyro setup that I need to test more. It may not be an issue but just be aware that 32% on the entry is 84% gain apparently. I'll check it out and see what the difference is. IF you experience tail Wags after you move the tail then the gain is too high.
If it's 2:1 then the setting should be 64 to = 32% gain, regardless let me know how your setup flies, there may not be a huge difference between the two and ultimately the setup number is intended to be a starting place.

If we can confirm this and it needs to be changed I'll update it immediately. I dont' think the change is serious enough to warrant immediate retraction.
Jermo
Old 02-16-2007, 06:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

My understanding is 50% is 0. Positive numbers is HH gain but I dont think it is 1 to 1. Most Trex450's with 401's tend to run around 72 to 76 on the 9303 and DX7. On Futaba in the gyro menu 32% is 32% so it is 1 to 1... Most Rex's with 401's run between 28 and 32 that I set up.

Bob
Old 02-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless
My understanding is 50% is 0. Positive numbers is HH gain but I dont think it is 1 to 1. Most Trex450's with 401's tend to run around 72 to 76 on the 9303 and DX7. On Futaba in the gyro menu 32% is 32% so it is 1 to 1... Most Rex's with 401's run between 28 and 32 that I set up.

Bob
kewl..ok..so 28 to 32 translated = 14 to 16 = setting 64 to 66, I'll correct the video and update to R3 no worries...I'll get it out this weekend.
Jermo

Tags
dx7, programming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in