Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Longer 3GX data lead ?

Hi,
I have a 3GX deep inside a scale body. I can't get to it at all unless I spend 2 hours pulling the airframe out of the body.

Can I buy an extension lead (longer than the standard lead) that I can leave in the 3GX, so I can adjust the settings easily by removing the cockpit as normal for battery changing?

I was told I could leave the standard lead and USB dongle plugged into it, and then just use a USB cable to the PC. Is this right, can I leave the 'box' leads in the heli full time ??

Thanks.
Sunbeam-TI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Can I just cut and extend the wires? I've got a bit of Futaba servo wire that would be perfect?

Can I leave the USB dongle on in the hell?
Sunbeam-TI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Sunbeam,

I don't have any personal experience running the dongle connected but a fellow 3gx flyer at my field does, and has had no issues.

I can't see any reason not to have your dongle connected to an extended USB jumper for ease of access.
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is how I overcame the same problem
Get one of these it has the right connectors but has four wires the 3GX only uses 3 so the extra wire need to be removed. Mine did not like it connected. Off the top of my head I can't remember what colour but just compare it to original one.

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/rc...able-20cm.html
ozflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozflyer View Post
This is how I overcame the same problem
Get one of these it has the right connectors but has four wires the 3GX only uses 3 so the extra wire need to be removed. Mine did not like it connected. Off the top of my head I can't remember what colour but just compare it to original one.

http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/rc...able-20cm.html
I have a 3GX unit that I bought second hand with a trex 250. I just got the FL 760 USB dongle, but it comes with a Y cable that doesn't fit the 4 pin connector on the 3GX.

Can I use one of these cables (link above) to serve as a link cable between the dongle and the 3GX? I think so, but just looking for confirmation.

Thanks!!!

MB
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes you can
that "Y" is for a 3G unit not 3GX
have a look at the pic that is an original lead so you can see which wire needs to be removed the key way on the black connector is facing up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP3478.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	453256  
ozflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozflyer View Post
yes you can
that "Y" is for a 3G unit not 3GX
have a look at the pic that is an original lead so you can see which wire needs to be removed the key way on the black connector is facing up.
Hey Ozflyer,

Thanks for the pic mate, that's just what I spent hours looking for last night LOL!! I'll use the pick to ensure I remove the connect wire. It will be cheaper for me just to buy one of those leads than it would be to buy the connectors individually and crimp them myself, so it's really good to know that that lead can be used (with the extra wire removed)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Regards
MB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in