Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 motor need oil?

Hi all , does the 700 eflight need oiling ?
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes
Old 03-31-2015, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

No
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 08:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It wouldn't hurt to use a drop of light oil on each bearing. It's easy to overdo, though. It doesn't take much, and that would be every 100 flights or so.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you Brian , scorps say to oil , some say oil washes out the grease that's in a bearing , ect ect ect ....
Dennis Everett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett View Post
thank you Brian , scorps say to oil , some say oil washes out the grease that's in a bearing , ect ect ect ....
I'm in the latter camp of oil thinning out the factory grease and washing it out prematurely. Then you're stuck constantly oiling the bearings. That's one reason I've never had a Scorpion motor. Their recommended oiling regimen is ridiculous and getting to motor bearings is quite often a PITA. Needing to get to them so frequently just makes it worse. I fly stock motor bearings on the factory grease and replace them as a set when necessary. Bearings are cheap and easy to replace in motors. You'd be surprised how long a set of stock motor bearings can last, too. I have Align and E-flite motors (good ones: 450H, 550H and 700H) at well over 500 flights each and the stock bearings are still smooth and quiet.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

you are absolutely right about Scorps being a pita to oil. couldn't agree with you more,that is one reason I also tend to stay away from them.
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post
you are absolutely right about Scorps being a pita to oil. couldn't agree with you more,that is one reason I also tend to stay away from them.
It's weird. Some people say they don't need oiling that frequently at all and they've never had issues. But, on the other hand, Scorpion has always said to oil the bearings very frequently. Something like every 10-15 flights. I'd be oiling them all the time. Scorpion motors always seem to run hot from the reports and I don't need all that flight time hogging power anyway.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been flying a scorpion motor on 12s and it doesn't run hot and yikes! Have around 180 flights with no oiling, I think they take a proactive stance and suggest oiling to prevent someone for bitching if a bearing does go bad and hasn't been oiled. But, I have oiled other motors with something similar to the oiler they sell, it's very quick to do not a big deal except to remember to do.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebbyson View Post
I've been flying a scorpion motor on 12s and it doesn't run hot and yikes! Have around 180 flights with no oiling, I think they take a proactive stance and suggest oiling to prevent someone for bitching if a bearing does go bad and hasn't been oiled. But, I have oiled other motors with something similar to the oiler they sell, it's very quick to do not a big deal except to remember to do.
Yes, they do seem to be good motors because they are extremely popular and everyone, by and large, seems to like theirs. I don't know why Scorpion would recommend such an intensive oiling schedule if it isn't truly required because that recommendation turns into a requirement when the factory grease is washed out prematurely. No other motor company that I know of recommends such frequent oiling and that includes companies with some pretty high performance motors, too. I always wondered if Scorpion maybe used unshielded or some other unique type of bearings.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

KDE says just run them, don't oil them. Funny how two high end motor companies have polar opposite recommendations.

Steve
Old 04-21-2015, 10:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcopterman View Post
KDE says just run them, don't oil them. Funny how two high end motor companies have polar opposite recommendations.

Steve
And, for that exact reason, I'd buy a KDE motor over an equivalent Scorpion motor, whether or not their excessive oiling regimen is true or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in