Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade Mcpx Bl or jump into 180 Cfx?

I have got a Trex 450L Dominator and a Mikado Logo 400 SE and I am in love with them at all. But would like to have a small one to carry it in the car and be able to fly anywhere anytime.
My flights are Sport and very soft 3D and I want a micro heli to fly sport but not 3D, just to fly something easy in the park. So what do you recommend a Mcpx Bl or 180 cfx?
I know they are different in size, but about same price to buy, one 50 euros more than the other.
Wind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2014, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't own a 180, but I do own the Mcpx bl. I hate it! If I were in the market for either now, I would buy the 180 for sure. It appears to be a decent helicopter from what I've been reading.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2014, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both. 180 all the way.... By a long shot. If you're old(er) like me the visibility on it stock is pretty poor, but that's easily remedied.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Airetic

I had a BL, it was great a first, bit it is a twitchy fiddly little thing that is a major pain in the ass to work on. The tail sucks and it really gets pushed around in the wind.

Now I have a 180cfx. This heli is fantastic. It is full capable of anything you want to do, handles wind very well, and it is a dream to work on compared to anything smaller.

It's so good, I actually bought a second one today. I have never bought a duplicate of a heli before.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
It's so good, I actually bought a second one today. I have never bought a duplicate of a heli before.
Ditto. The 180CFX is that good.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So it is very clear...... i will go to the 180 cfx!!
Wind is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
So it is very clear...... i will go to the 180 cfx!!
A good decision! My BL required a lot of tweaking to get it to fly reasonably well and I have to repeat much of it after each mishap. My 180 flew incredible right out of the box. The BL looks like a toy on steroids, but the 180 looks and acts like a scaled down 700, every bit the serious feat of micro engineering.
Ric66 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Need to echo the above. My BL has been sitting on the shelf for the last year because the 3-in-1 board fried on it twice. I'm dumping any more money into a heli when the most expensive part cannot be relied upon to last more than a couple dozen flights. The 180CFX uses a much more robust receiver, and I haven't heard of any similar problems.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Need to echo the above. My BL has been sitting on the shelf for the last year because the 3-in-1 board fried on it twice. I'm dumping any more money into a heli when the most expensive part cannot be relied upon to last more than a couple dozen flights. The 180CFX uses a much more robust receiver, and I haven't heard of any similar problems.
And, the mCPX boards fry so often because of the integrated ESC component. The tail MOSFET is notorious for burning out.

For Wind (OP): On the 180CFX, the ESC/BEC is a completely separate component located in the front of the frame and far away from the AR6335 RX/FBL on the other side of the motor. And, another Castle Talon 15 is under $30USD which is much cheaper than a new mCPX BL board at $80USD from Horizon.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2014, 08:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

fwiw..

I have two BLs and a 180... The 180 flys much like a larger heli with carbon blades, but my go to is the BL....Solid boom, three blade t/r, Astroid boom support kit.....dynamic balance, Bob's yer uncle....Will fly inverted bacward as fast as forward, flown over grass rarely breaks...And I crash 'em a lot!....

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2015, 07:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a bl for about two weeks, and got rid of it. Same deal, twitchy even with tamed settings and regardless of blades, just never flew as well as my v2 bl. It was more of a handful than a wild bl nano. Just wished the 180 had come out sooner, so I didn't have to go through the 130x experience. Been flying Blade products since I got into this hobby, and in my experience, the 180 cfx is the best blade heli I have ever flown next to the 450X.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Am I the only one who loves the MCPX's?? never had one i didn't like. but i dont own a 180.. but one day hope to own all of them again besides the 130x i hated that thing will never own another unless proven to me it is a great flyer w/o issues

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really don't understand all the claims of the BL being "wild". I started with mine, toned down and hovering in my living room. Took it outside eventually and ended up using it set up with a wilder setup and little to no expo. It is a great heli for training, I bought it to help me fly my 450 and it worked wonders, as did the sim. Best part is, it is nearly indestructible if flown over grass and can be flown in a much smaller area than a 180, I suspect.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2015, 10:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I own a 180CFX, and have flown the mCPx BL. I did not care for the BL at all.

As everyone else said, get the 180...
Art Henk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2015, 06:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have both. If you have the $ I'd recommend getting both too.

BL: powerful but very twitchy, nearly indestructible though.
180: powerful but controllable, more delicate.

I always like to fly a few packs on the BL prior to the 180, it makes the 180 seem much more sedate and agreeable by comparison - especially the collective.

Master your moves on the BL and they'll be much easier to pull off on the 180.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want, I will trade you straight across, You can have my MCPX and all you have to give up is the Logo. It's a win win-win situation!

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 11:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Considering what you already have, 180CFX all the way. Its not even a comparison...not even close.

My 180cfx travel with me everywhere in the trunk, mcpx bl is deligated to front yard duty...and only because I have a small front yard.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have alot of blade helis and I am a big fan of horizon products

That being said I think the BL is just sorta ok. The tail is always wagging. It is very responsive but very imprecise. Its not a great value at 200$ either. I dont have a 180 cfx yet but I suspect its much better.
aschen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 03:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crazy responses lol....

Ok ... first off... they are nothing alike what so ever..... period.

One is good for the back yard the other you can fly indoors some..

Both are amazing - I own both and are both amazing for what they are intended to do.

BOTH need to be semi locked in..

the BL easy cost of repairs solid brushless flier can do amazing things...

the CFX.. costs go up sensitive to a crash everytime you will be down and need to repair unlike the BL>

CFX is no doubt amazing... flies big, TT and should.

the BL is an amazing micro with more power then most asking would need.

In short each are amazing but completely different. ---

Coming from your 450L you would like the 180 as long as you are not flying indoors with it.

Both amazing helis for what they do though.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 03:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Am I the only one who loves the MCPX's?? never had one i didn't like. but i dont own a 180.. but one day hope to own all of them again besides the 130x i hated that thing will never own another unless proven to me it is a great flyer w/o issues
I've never had a 180CFX either...but the BL is a joy to fly...and the DFC head is well...awesome

And that tiny little wag thing the tail sometimes does during a hover?

It's the BL's way of saying "Hovering is NOT flying, idiot!"
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in