Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #241 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Now if it's my new ESC I need to know what you guys think about another ESC that you would refer to me in the US that will handle the 3550 motor and that is cheap. I may have to buy another and test... Think good and cheap...lol
MTboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Damn Travis. Sounds to me like you need to put down the heli and pick up a glass of Crown. It sucks that you're having all these problems. I wouldn't even know where to begin. I ended up boxing mine up and took the truggy out for the first time in a while. Flipped it and slid 40 feet on its lid. Walked over gave it the old foot flip and the Losi didn't even miss a beat. God I love that thing. You can really take the heli anger out on it. Maybe you ought to get the truck out and bash the crap of it
GAUI 200 (under reconstruction)
Trex 450 (sponsered by Pittjitsu)
creteus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #243 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Think your right Matt. On my sixth beer and fed up with this heli.. Bought ready to take a loss and sell it all but think about how fun it it to fly and work on when you don't have issues. Think I will take some time and get the truck all tuned up tomorrow afternoon if I can't get this in the air...
Old 03-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #244 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Programming the ESC all I should need to do is use the card and put it to what I want then throttle program and if all is good rebind right? If High and low don't seem right then I shouldn't rebind till right, right? Just thinking maybe theres something I'm not doing or doing wrong.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey MTboy,

Here's my EXI maiden flight
EXI 450MA indoor flight (1 min 22 sec)

The head speed on mine seems to be higher, and I agree that your swash should be higher at full throttle... with that said, here is my build: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...light=MarcinCP

I think that assuming that there's something wrong with the moto/esc at this point is wishfull thinking. There's gotta be something else wrong with your setup. You tried 2 motors and 2 esc's. Meybe it's time to start from scratch? Tear everything appart, and try again. Also, see if you can get the motor to spin up all the way when connected to just the ESC and Batt outside of the heli.

Good luck, don't give up. It is a great heli!
1) Esky Belt CP, Telebee Head Lock Gyro, Dynam 30A ESC, TowerPro SG-90 servos, B400 Main Gear, DX6i Radio. 2) EXI 450MA, Tower Pro servos, Logictech gyro, ExceedRC Volcano 30A ESC, HDX 3550 motor, DX6i . 3) Gaui 200 V1, Spectrum cyclic servos, Logictech gyro/servo
MarcinCP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #246 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Ok so I will tear apart and do again after I try a few things. My motor seems to spin full when I have it away from the motor. Atleast I think it's full..lol How do I make the swash go high? Just by adjusting the links from the servo's? Also going to redo my soldering to the dean. Maybe it's crap? It was my very first one and I did redo the bullet connectors.. After doing these I will tear down and start from scratch..
Could it be in the head? Say like the MG bearing slipping so I'm not getting full speed?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, MG is what I'm thinking. If you're getting full RPM when the motor is not attached to the MG, then it's either the pinion on the motor slipping, or something in the heli drivetrain slowing it down. I think your ESC/motor are fine. Try spinning the MG in the the direction the motor would, and see if you get more resistance than you would expect, or if you notice slippage of the one way.... also take a look at the belt, and how easy that is to spin bu hand. I know this suck, but look at the bright side: you've gotta be getting close to figuring this out
1) Esky Belt CP, Telebee Head Lock Gyro, Dynam 30A ESC, TowerPro SG-90 servos, B400 Main Gear, DX6i Radio. 2) EXI 450MA, Tower Pro servos, Logictech gyro, ExceedRC Volcano 30A ESC, HDX 3550 motor, DX6i . 3) Gaui 200 V1, Spectrum cyclic servos, Logictech gyro/servo
Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #248 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Well I dont see any slippage of the head when I hold it and try to spin the mg by hand.. It holds tight and the belt seems to be fine. Not to tight or to loose. The pinion is also tight. I can spin the blades by hand and they will go around 2-3 times depending on how hard I do. I then adjusted my throttle curves up to 0,50,75,90,100 and the pitch down to 50,50,65,75,75 but still not enough hs?????
Old 03-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What if you try this on your throttle curve: 0-50-80-100-100, and this on your pitch curve: 50-50-60-80-100. Perhaps try to adjust the links on the swash a turn or two to get more pitch?
Old 03-13-2009, 09:27 AM   #250 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I pulled the motor back and tested high low then put to MG and spun up.. Wanted to let you see and get what you think from it. My throttle curve was high as stated above so maybe thats why not much difference in motor.. I still havent redid the dean since I've been playing with these ideas but will once I hear what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upveb-MdXiM
Old 03-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #251 (permalink)

My HF Map location

So I resoldered the dean on the ESC and still not getting enough power so I hook up the belt stock ESC and guess what... At mid stick it wanted to lift off.. So I lpug the new esc to the stock motor and it seems that the stock motor and nes ESC work together but not + since I didnt have it in the frame. But when I did before it would not spin fast enough for lift with the 9t pinion..
So what I'm thinking is it is my ESC.. Either I can't get the high low set right or something about thes motor and this esc just don't work..
Old 03-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #252 (permalink)

MT, This is the ESC I used on my EXI with the exact same motor you have and it works flawlessly.
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...gun-3dx/Detail
Have you checked the one way bearing could it be in the wrong way?
I am actually thinking of selling mine because of this medical issue I have,thats why I hadn't chimed in earlier, been kinda depressed and wasn't following the threads.
jmy2u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in