Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Loving v1.31!

I maidened my Raptor G4 on the CGY750 yesterday and have put 6 flights on it so far. The CGY 750 was previously installed on the Vision 90 but I had nothing but trouble due to severe vibrations. . I bought the G4 to give nitro one last chance. In doing so I've been able to give 1.31 a good testing and it's great. I need to tweak the gains and the engine tuning to get rid f a few wobbles, but currently it's good enough to fly around.

Can't wait to nail it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow the Futaba unit really isn't popular at all any more apparently
Old 03-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL. Underwhelmed by the number of responses? I'm running them on both of my nitros and they flew great right out of the box without any tweaking, at all. I would run them on my electrics, too, except I couldn't get the governor to work for crap. It just caused constant tail wags unless I lowered the governor gain to the point where the governor stopped working.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
LOL. Underwhelmed by the number of responses? I'm running them on both of my nitros and they flew great right out of the box without any tweaking, at all. I would run them on my electrics, too, except I couldn't get the governor to work for crap. It just caused constant tail wags unless I lowered the governor gain to the point where the governor stopped working.
That’s exactly right. Most fly electric’s these days but Futaba has not figured that out yet. I have one CGY and really don’t fly it that much. Other brands are fly just as good or better and have a nice GUI interface that makes them much easier to setup and tune.

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Loving v1.31!

I run SK540s on my electrics and I actually prefer the CGY-750 setup not having to be done via PC. I like being able to make adjustments without having to plug it into a PC or field terminal.

Sent from my MotoX via Tapatalk2
Old 03-13-2014, 09:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodneyK View Post
I run SK540s on my electrics and I actually prefer the CGY-750 setup not having to be done via PC. I like being able to make adjustments without having to plug it into a PC or field terminal.

Sent from my MotoX via Tapatalk2
True, and originally I stayed away from VBar for that reason as I didn't want to spend £100 on the programmer. Then I bought an Android phone so I'm now able to do thing wirelessly from the phone via BlueTooth.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's too bad that Futaba didn't beat Mikado to the punch by coming out with an FBL controller of their own that could be completely programmed via a Futaba transmitter. While they're at it, maybe they could integrate the sensors and a receiver into the unit, as well. Wait! Maybe that's what they've been doing and that's why we still don't have a real governor solution for electrics on the CGY-750.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I do hear the occasional chat of a CGY780 but I's all rumours and speculation. The CGY750 is very good, but they released a good revised firmware too late IMO. 1.2 was dire; 1.31 is awesome but it came too late.

I wish all the brands would stop being so uptight and work together. Image an 18MZ that could set up and configure ALL the FBL controllers? An App based radio if you will. Hey Google, are you listening? Make us an android radio that has native support for VBar, BeastX, MSH Brain etc... THAT would be amazing.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneHazza View Post
Well I do hear the occasional chat of a CGY780 but I's all rumours and speculation. The CGY750 is very good, but they released a good revised firmware too late IMO. 1.2 was dire; 1.31 is awesome but it came too late.

I wish all the brands would stop being so uptight and work together. Image an 18MZ that could set up and configure ALL the FBL controllers? An App based radio if you will. Hey Google, are you listening? Make us an android radio that has native support for VBar, BeastX, MSH Brain etc... THAT would be amazing.
Go look at the new JR radio. It is running Android and there is speculation it will have Bluetooth and WiFi.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

To me guys, there's an irony here...you noted that Futaba needs a solution for governing electrics...perhaps so. But, Vbar hasn't yet delivered a useful solution on governors for Nitro! And the new Vbar Control radio isn't an improvement to the controller, so, their direction is clearly not geared towards nitro fliers. I've had about six Vbars thus far, including both Mini and Full Size. One of my current full size units installed in my X50 has been purely a bad experience. I have almost given up trying to make it work. I have a CGY750 coming, and expect it will be a far cry better at running the enigine than the Vbar.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
To me guys, there's an irony here...you noted that Futaba needs a solution for governing electrics...perhaps so. But, Vbar hasn't yet delivered a useful solution on governors for Nitro! And the new Vbar Control radio isn't an improvement to the controller, so, their direction is clearly not geared towards nitro fliers. I've had about six Vbars thus far, including both Mini and Full Size. One of my current full size units installed in my X50 has been purely a bad experience. I have almost given up trying to make it work. I have a CGY750 coming, and expect it will be a far cry better at running the enigine than the Vbar.
Yup, the VBar gov on nitro is a royal ballache to understand and get working right. The CGY750 gov is easy to set up and works brilliantly. 1.4 looks even better for setting up, cannot wait to try it!
Old 06-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run the CGY750 on a Outrage Velocity N2 with a YS 56, I've also had one on my Trex 700 and "late" Fury 55. Outrage is a P.I.T.A. to get parts for-but MA just locked the doors

I bought several Bavarian Demon (Hc3Sx) FBL's ( Trex600ESP,Goblin 700 and a T-Rex 700 Nitro-Formerly had the CGY750). To be honest the Demon is very good- the self leveling and rescue function are outstanding,but overall feel- the CGY750 doesn't give up anything. Especially after the 1.31 firmware update.

I hate the V-bar-I feel very disconnected, the Align 3G-well, it was an early attempt. The CGY750 has an outstanding Nitro Governor and using a F8GS radio is simple. No laptops to contend with and very easy to make very quick changes to compare on back to back flights.

Everybody is trying to build the better mousetrap. No hate here for Futaba.

Arclight338 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneHazza View Post
Yup, the VBar gov on nitro is a royal ballache to understand and get working right. The CGY750 gov is easy to set up and works brilliantly. 1.4 looks even better for setting up, cannot wait to try it!

Hi Harry,
I enjoyed some HuHot the other day. A new location opened up closer to my home...Not good for me.

When the silverline Vbar came out I put one on my Srimok to give Vbar a try (had a CGY on my Srimok). All I had ever run up to that point was CGY, but the v 1.2 issues put me off. The nitro gov on the Vbar once setup works well, but the whole "bug" issue they have around idle is a real pain in the a$$. I could never get idle set right and had to use a ton of trim. Drove me nuts. Eventually I pulled the Vbar off and put my CGY back on. In my opinion the only competition to the CGY nitro gov is Aerospire. I ran an aerospire once when I put a Helicommand HC3x on my ElyQ 90 (no gov function on those FBL controllers). The aerospire worked very well.

Now I've got my CGY v1.4 on my little Gaui NX4. I had done away with Nitro until a little over a month ago. The NX4 has been calling my name since it came out and finally caved and bought one. Haven't been able to fly it yet, but I'm confident the CGY will perform well.

The v1.4 setup was quite easy. Having been an early adopter of the CGY (bought the very first version) I've setup CGYs of every firmware version. This was the quickest and easiest, IMHO. I found myself going back over the instructions as I was sure I was missing something .
Old 06-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadL View Post
Hi Harry,
I enjoyed some HuHot the other day. A new location opened up closer to my home...Not good for me.

When the silverline Vbar came out I put one on my Srimok to give Vbar a try (had a CGY on my Srimok). All I had ever run up to that point was CGY, but the v 1.2 issues put me off. The nitro gov on the Vbar once setup works well, but the whole "bug" issue they have around idle is a real pain in the a$$. I could never get idle set right and had to use a ton of trim. Drove me nuts. Eventually I pulled the Vbar off and put my CGY back on. In my opinion the only competition to the CGY nitro gov is Aerospire. I ran an aerospire once when I put a Helicommand HC3x on my ElyQ 90 (no gov function on those FBL controllers). The aerospire worked very well.

Now I've got my CGY v1.4 on my little Gaui NX4. I had done away with Nitro until a little over a month ago. The NX4 has been calling my name since it came out and finally caved and bought one. Haven't been able to fly it yet, but I'm confident the CGY will perform well.

The v1.4 setup was quite easy. Having been an early adopter of the CGY (bought the very first version) I've setup CGYs of every firmware version. This was the quickest and easiest, IMHO. I found myself going back over the instructions as I was sure I was missing something .
Ah man, you're torturing me! I was just thinking of that place the other day haha. If I'm ever back over in NE (South Bend way) I shall let you know and I'll buy you a beer. I've got my v1.4 CGY750 on my Raptor G4 and it's amazing. 1.2 came really close to putting me off the unit as well, but I stood by it knowing how good they could be when properly tuned. On 1.4, mine still only ball park but I've had 7 flights on it now and it's great.

I gave up on ElyQ completely eventually. Problem after problem with the clutch stack. Was offered and almost new G4 airframe from a friend at a price I couldn't pass up (less than 50% retail) and have never looked back! Shame about the ElyQ, as on good days they were great!

Take care mate!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in