Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G6 / V120 Series

4G6 / V120 Series Walkera 4G6 / V120 Series Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default V120D02S V2 weakish tail holding...

Hello

I've noticed lately that my tail isn't holding as well as it used to. If I quicklyish move the rudder stick left right left right, the tail will blow out. This has caused 1 crash. Also when I'm flying backwards or sideways, the tail isn't locked in and the heli turns in whatever direction it feels like. It's ok with flips and all that though... Just not feeling very locked in.

All gears are good. I have good tail pitch. My main blade pitch isn't too high/low (around +/-11) and I run a flat 100 in idle up (which is what I fly in). Also I'm pretty sure my gains are good... It's at 70 in my TX and the rudder dial on the gyro is at about 4 o'clock.

Is this normal? Am I just over exagarating? I'm going to upgrade my V120 to 2 cell and get a GY280RX, but I want the tail to hold well before I do anything to it.

Oh also, why can't I change rudder travel in my DEVO 7? I can change the numbers but it doesn't do anything to my servo travel...?

Thanks, Hamish
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2014, 12:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Turn the rudder EXT all the way up it will increase servo range. You will also then be able to further increase/decreae the range via TX. Change the tail boom also you'll be amazed at what a difference that makes. It's probly cracked under tail box or servo mount.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh it's a brand new boom, the old one lost is strength and it was twisting.

And by 4oclock I mean the EXT is around as far as it can go. Can't go any futher ;-)

Thanks, Hamish :-)
Old 03-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I raised travel ADJ RUDD to 125 in my Tx (7e) and the piro rate was too fast so I lowered it back to 112. Anything over 125 and the servo would kick back the wrong way at the end of travel. My gain (TX) is at 76.5% I think you could bump yours up a bit.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok well I'll try raising the gain, but won't be able to test for awhile (after the weekend) as it's raining now and in going away in the weekend.

I'll get back to you ASAP!

Old 03-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 03-07-2014, 03:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I managed to squeeze a small flight in before I left, the rain managed to hold off. Raising the gain has make things a lot better, still not the best in backwards flight but good enough.

Thanks for your help heli yea!

Hamish
Old 03-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The last trick in the book move the servo up/down the boom to correct rotation. Tini tiny movements like half mm test then adjust push rod if needed. repeat steps as needed to get it perfect. Its alot of toying around but worth it. mine is rock soild on hard pitch pumps fast forward/backward.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've also done that, but I can't seem to move it a small mm each time, it's to tight on the boom and I have to push hard so it "jumps" around the boom, no small movements.

Did you test yours in adjustment mode? How do you know when it's spot on?

Old 03-07-2014, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

NEVER TEST FLY IN ADJ MODE. You dont need to be in ADJ MODE for this. First set the TX gyro gain to 50% the RX light will go out. Adjust the push rod till blades have 0 pitch. Raise the TX gain to back to your setting test fly by punching the throttle if the nose turns left, lengthen 1 full turn/test turns right shorten the rod. Moving the servo gives you a half turn when needed. The magic spot is found by luck and lots of tinkering/testing. Oncw it holds fly it backwards and fine tune the TX gain till it is perfect.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default part 2 perfect gain

Raise the TX gain till the tail "wags" in hover flight then lower TX gain .5 to 1 point at a time till the "wagging" stops. Now fly backwards and fine tune .5 at a time so you have a good hold and no wag. If you're not getting a good hold, go back to adjusting servo position and rod length.

BTW you only use ADJ MODE when turning the pots on the RX w/power, of course.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome, I'll have a good tinker when I get home.

Thanks for the detailed instructions

Hamish :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in