Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just recently learned how to build a heli on the Fusion 50. It is my first and only large heli. I have only 2 to 3 months flying experience. I love the design of the Fusion 50. I have crashed it 3 times in about 80 flights. The last crash was pretty major with a cracked frame. But I rebuilt it. It's close to being able to fly once again although I do not like the vibes I am feeling when spinning the head by hand. I think the tail boom mount gears need to be replaced even though they look fine even under magnification.

I want to stay with the Fusion for the next year minimum simply because I know it so well from a build perspective. I have flirted with just calling it a learning experience and moving on to a Logo 600 or even a Rush 750 due to the Rush being the "Fusion 90" for all intents and purposes. Yay Charlie! Love your designs dude! But, do I continue to ride that horse or look to another breed?

No, I think I will stay right here and hope that Outrage gets their act together. The Option Hobby full Fusion 50 kit with their upgrades included for $399 shipped is just too enticing to pass up.

I currently have a very good supply of crash parts although I should stock up on things like bell cranks, blade grips etc.

It's hard for a newbie to just abandon a product less than a year from initial purchase.

Come on Outrage! We need you to announce some real progress with your intentions and further development. How can you go from industry sweetheart to nothing in no time flat?

Prove all the naysayers wrong! PLEASE!!!

Now I have to go tear the tail boom mount apart and figure out the vibrations I am feeling...
markrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Found the source of the vibration. The Tail case gear was not seated so the gear mesh was way too tight. Onward!
markrj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

If Outrage show no signs of stopping the rot (here in the UK) then I am going to have to decide upon an alternative - and at the moment I quite like the look of TSA?
The current Infusion90 seems to be good quality and relatively keenly priced (which is how Outrage started out) - and other heli's are on there way - I am looking forward to the 600n version? Just need to be assured of supplier support - and to hear future user reports in order to completely make up my mind? Compass is also another choice I might consider?
Its now mid August 2013 & Fastlad UK are now no longer showing any Outrage kits for sale (Nitro or Electric) just parts only.

Bill
Billywizz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Outrage are long dead, look at alees rush 750 it is designed by charley stephens who designed the fusion or go for the TSA.

everyone keeps sitting around saying outrage are not dead and new things are coming, look how far back they have been saying this for.

they released a new servo today, shows how dedicated they are, seeing more money in designing a servo for a heli size they dont even make, ohh thats right its designed for the GOBLIN 500 LOL

anyway i apologiez to anyone i offend, i have no right to post here as i jumped ship a long time ago when it was already sitting at the bottom of the ocean, good luck guys hope outrage come though any day now with that fusion 90 they been promising for 2 years
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

As a former owner of four outrage heli's, get out while you can!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I feel differently then you guys I guess. My Outrage helis are my favorite helis and I love the way they fly. I even sold my Goblin as I liked my Fusion better. I am going to fly mine until I can't find anymore parts and even then I will make some to keep it in the air. Lucky for me, people are giving their outrage helis away, so I will have cheap parts for a long time. Even if they go under, I am still very happy with my Outage helis
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billywizz View Post
If Outrage show no signs of stopping the rot (here in the UK) then I am going to have to decide upon an alternative - and at the moment I quite like the look of TSA?
The current Infusion90 seems to be good quality and relatively keenly priced (which is how Outrage started out) - and other heli's are on there way - I am looking forward to the 600n version? Just need to be assured of supplier support - and to hear future user reports in order to completely make up my mind? Compass is also another choice I might consider?
Its now mid August 2013 & Fastlad UK are now no longer showing any Outrage kits for sale (Nitro or Electric) just parts only.

Bill
like others said get out while you can. i just bought a TSA 700N and really like it alot. this is my first 700N. i have a os 105 in it and it has plenty of power. the kit is really well price for a 700N and all the parts and carbon fiber are really nice. the build took very little time and it flies great.
if your looking for a 700E then the Rush 750 is the place you need to look if you ever liked your fusion. its basically a larger version of it. flies even better. i mentioned the Rush 750 because the post before me it was mentioned. there is possibly a rushN in the pipe line too. so if you like nitro keep your eye on AleeS in the near future.

Empire Hobby/ Team Gaui USA -- Rcbearings.com
-- Cyclone Blades -- Team KDE -- A-Main Hobbies -- OMG servos
dodgeboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Farewell to Outrage

It was a painful decision but due to extreme difficulty getting parts (although parts can be gotten if you use multiple sources but what a Pain) for my precious N2 Velocity I have given up on it and going to pick up a Titan X50 today which I can get every part pretty much anywhere including TowerHobbies. I might hold on to the Velocity in hopes that Outrage somehow comes back to life but more than likely people should follow the post above “Get out while you still can!”

I looked at TSA as an alternative and they look really nice but I wanted to go with the Thunder Tiger largely because of ease of parts and inexpensive to repair and TSA is so new that parts are very limited as of yet.

Good luck to people still enjoying their Outrage machines!
bjames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smokemaster60 - I'm with you, I absolutely LOVE my Velocity 50 and 90 N2. Both are FBL and perform like true champions and I will fly them until I can't find parts anymore. I, like you have been buying up the used ones I see so I can have spares long into the future, but there will be a time when I will have to switch. But not today.... not today..
chaveezy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
I'd wait it out a few more months.. there really are some changes underway. Next year, especially, should be a great year for Outrage.
So why was 2013 a great year for Outrage?
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It was for outrage owners!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yeah, I guess it was if you put it like this
Old 11-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Because the helis are awesome and fly great.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Because the helis are awesome and fly great.
Did you mean Outrage helis or helis in general? I've been an Outrage 550 owner myself since 2009, I know their helis can fly really well if you know how to fix the bugs that Outrage never fixed and you are able to find parts.

I see that you don't have the Fusion anymore. What happened?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just wanted to try a Goblin 500 so I needed the money. Figured with a 500, 550, 700 I'm basically set for a while.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

+1 to that. Had a great year due to my Outrage helis. Just love em
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 06:09 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also had a great year with my Velo 50 V1 FBL and Velo 90 N2. Had a failure during my last session with the 50 and it was my YS 56SR! Popped a hole in the piston, be looking for an OS 55 HZ for next year!
chaveezy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help please

any idea what to do.. I stripped a bl9080 n I cant find a gear set anywere.. n I don't have money to buy a new 100 dollar servo. (found on grandrc in clearance) will another gear set work? any ideas guys? really need some help here.. I know itsdiscontinued, but there has to be a way
#1 Goblin 700 comp #2 Goblin 700 comp #3 T rex 600 nitro fbl #4 T rex 600 nitro fbl
njstevegoblin609 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by njstevegoblin609 View Post
any idea what to do.. I stripped a bl9080 n I cant find a gear set anywere.. n I don't have money to buy a new 100 dollar servo. (found on grandrc in clearance) will another gear set work? any ideas guys? really need some help here.. I know itsdiscontinued, but there has to be a way
I think those servos were discontinued precisely because of gear stripping problems. If anyone is able to help you out, then Greg Alderman is that person. You should send him an email at greg@helidirect.com.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default so then what up with outrage??

My velocity n2 is flying pretty smooth right now. Had to do a. Little maintenance today but already packed in the trunk for after work tomorrow. Seems parts are a bit easier to find right now.

Sent using Otto correct.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in