Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #321 (permalink)

EBay ,10 blades for $15 where I bought from and good for sport fllying but not 3d, also less damage in a crash but usually destroyed blades.Also Wow list a carbon fiber blade but is not real carbon.
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #322 (permalink)
Registered Users

i looked on ebay and i couldn't find them...do you have the link to the seller you got them from?

good news i got the EXI servos in today and got them to fit in the v370 with a little trimming on the back 2 and slightly lowered the mounting holes on the front servo....these servos are very nice and seem that they are going to be a nice upgrade....had to swap one of the link balls on the servo behind the front servo cause it was rubbing the bottom of the case on the front servo but still works well.....plus had to use my soldering iron and heat the servo arm on the front servo and bend it back a bit cause it was barely rubbing the motor can but now it hover really nice and is nice and responsive....took about a hour or so but was well worth it i believe...now i just need to practice and get used to flying it like i finally got used to my uflys.....

can't wait for the brushless motor and esc to come in and see how much of a difference it makes....the 370 motor on it gets real hot after hovering and has to have a cool down between packs....still not sure if i am going to do the belt drive tail or just use a small brushless direct drive....
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #323 (permalink)
Registered Users

Those of you that have become proficient with your uflys, how long did it take?
I have been hovering and such for a few months or so and am still having trouble progressing to something like figure eights. I'm thinking it may be because I haven't practiced sideways hovering enough. I thought tail in and nose in was all that was needed but I'm finding that when I try to go left or right from a sideways hover I loose control.
I guess that's what I get for trying to skip steps.
tkerins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #324 (permalink)

I didn't get any better until I converted my uflys to flybarless ,then it would self level if I let go of the sticks and give me chance when flying at a distance, when I fly my Hm1a I fly much closer because it goes which ever way the stick was last set and that screws me up at a distance where I can't judge if it's leaning or not!I think the rx2435 works as it should when converted, (flys like my v200d02) which makes it easier to fly but you learn real skill if you can get the hang of flying with the flybar version!Took me a couple of weeks to learn to do figure 8s and now I can fly about 300 hundred feet away and do high speed flights in wind to about 10 to 15 mph!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:31 PM   #325 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pinion gear pitch....

hey stevemech is the main and pinion on the 1#a the same gear pitch that is on the uflys?

got my brushless motor in today and the pinion off the stock brushed motor wont fit its a 2mm shaft and the brushless motor has a 2.3mm shaft....so i was thinking i could just order a 1#a main gear and use the pinions i got for the uflys as i got many in several different sizes....

thanks a bunch...
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #326 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is a way to measure them.

http://www.metrication.com/engineering/gears.html

Steve
ERRATIC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 AM   #327 (permalink)

There both the same pitch and dia. , hm1a gear has a belt pulley. I bought a set of 260 mm carbon blades for my Hm1a from helipal for $15 ,they look very high quality ,12.4 g in weight and make my heli very quiet and responsive, you'll probably like them for your new bird.The foam blades work good in still air or flying in the house because they do less damage to your heli but they require a washer so you don't bend your blade grip as they are a litte thin at the bolt hole!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #328 (permalink)
Registered Users

great , i ordered a main gear for the 1a instead of trying to find the pinion to fit the gear on the v370....

might order a set of the carbon blades you mentioned soon a give them a try....good price for fiber blades ....

thanks
Old 07-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #329 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking for some advice guys. I've had heli's before, 250, 450 and 500's. I've been out of the heli game for about a year and I'm looking for something simple, fast and fun to fly. I don't want to get back in to CP heli's because they did cost me a small fortune. So I'm thinking the Ufly S would be nice. From the video's it seems to handle wind better than my old E-Sky HB FP V2 and has some great FFF too. So I'm looking on nitroplanes.com and they have it RTF with the 2435Rx, $170.......Good deal? Thanks guys, Joe
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #330 (permalink)

Default New heli

The Uflys is a good heli after a few mods,either convert it to fbl by using the head from the v370d01(info on how to do in the beginning of thread)or buy the Ben Hiller mod to make it respond quicker!Also the V370d01 is a good choice as well(tail motor,no gears to strip)!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #331 (permalink)
Registered Users

got any ideas on why i am only getting 65% throttle on the brushless motor and esp i got for the v370d05? i read that most esc wont give full 100% throttle but i am only getting 65% so i had to drastically lower the throttle curve to were at full stick it is at 65%...and at low stick the esc wont start until it gets to12% .....so the curve is retarded now and at mid stick to full the rpm on the motor doesn't seem to change at all...i tried setting the throttle range in the esc and it didn't help any....any ideas ?

the motor is a Elite and the esc is exceed ....maybe i need to get a higher grade esc?

not sure what to do with it....
Old 07-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #332 (permalink)

When you first get a new esc you have to set the throttle range.On most esc's you set your tx to 100 percent,turn off tx then set throttle to full power , then turn on esc and it should go beep beep that's when the high side is set then you bring throttle down to idle and it should go beep beep, and then it should be ready to fly!I would disconnect the motor wires while your doing it just incase it isn't standard!The program card won't help to set throttle limit so you will have to work it out, mine took a couple of tries before I got the right beeps.

Last edited by Stevemech; 07-09-2011 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: More info
Old 07-09-2011, 07:36 PM   #333 (permalink)
Registered Users

i tried it that way after reading the papers and when i hook it up with the throttle at 100 it wont acknowledge the throttle is at 100 it will only do the beep beep when the throttle is at just above half and it goes thru the throttle range set program....i tried several times and it just wont go into program mode with the throttle set at 100.....not sure why tho its really got me puzzled at this point...

maybe i need to try setting it back to the default settings and go from there...

Last edited by magicmarty; 07-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: ...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:11 PM   #334 (permalink)
Registered Users

its the signal converter that is causing it to do it...i hooked it to my uflys rx and it allowed me to set the throttle range as it should...so i guess im out of luck as far as getting it to work with the converter so i will just have to use the throttle curve and make due...

one thing you might be able to help me figure out is how do i bypass the power check in the rx ? if i hook the exceed esc to the rx it wont run the motor cause of the power check wire is not working without the walkera esc hooked up...could i just supply a 7.4v off the battery lead to the power check to make it work? i need to do some searching to figure out how to work around it.....

thanks
Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #335 (permalink)

On the stock esc the wire goes to the + of the battery, if you strip a little of the covering you will see what I mean and know where to put your volts sense line.Could also be why your esc is reduced in power if it dosn't know the voltage?

Last edited by Stevemech; 07-10-2011 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #336 (permalink)
Registered Users

is it getting the full 7.4 v of the pack or is it getting the voltage that the bec is putting into the rx for the servos? guess i could take a voltmeter and double check to make sure...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:58 PM   #337 (permalink)

The Uflys esc is connected direct to the + of the battery through the esc wire, if you strip a little of the esc case you will see their both soldered to the same place.When I put the new esc on my ufly I had to rig a signal wire to make it work, I used a servo wire that I cut off,cut the unused wires from plug and soldered to the + of the new esc where the + enters the esc.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #338 (permalink)
Registered Users

k i understand what your saying but for some reason its different on the brushed esc on the v370 i took my voltmeter and its only showing 1.2v at the power check plug and it has 2 wires in it rather then 1 like the uflys esc....i haven't stripped any covering on the esc yet but i will check it out to see where it hooks to....

i read on the v400 thread were a guy was using a 500ohm resister to cut the voltage to the power check on the 2416v rx for some reason ...

i tried using a Y harness to hook the brushless esc in the throttle channel with the brushed esc and it wouldn't run the motor it just beeped and beeped so no luck using a Y harness eather....
Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #339 (permalink)

Bummer about that!Walkera and their weird ways strike a gain!Think you need to trace the wires from your stock esc and measure the voltage at that point?
Old 07-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #340 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea walkera is kind of retarded about certain things...its the rx in the v370 cause it is designed for brushed esc i guess thats why everybody doing the conversion has no choice but to use a signal converter or swap out the rx ....i did order a rx2618v for the 4f200LM which has a upgraded rx over the 4f200 which has the 2616v ...

i got it working with the signal converter but it just wont let me set the throttle range. In the throttle curve i had to set the lower point at 12% and the high point at 64% anything other then that the motor cuts off....i got full stick travel that way but it seems as soon as it gets to half stick the motor is running full speed and from mid stick up the rpm does not change on the motor....not sure how that is going to work out in flight, might help make it more stable or could really cut flight times if the motor is running full rpm most of the time...

Tags
370d01, flybarless, uflys, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in