Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E Flite 110 hh gyro

I have just traded for eflite 110 micro hh gyro, does anyone have an opinion on gyros reliability? how does it compare to esky gyro ? any info would be appreciated , my esky gyro just stopped working after 4 months i would like to think eflite gyro would last a little longer than that.
LEONARD ANDERS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed my 110 the other day only have a few flights with it but so far holds great. im not into 3D not even flown FF with it yet but hovering and quick punches from about 3 inches to 15 foot holds great.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

the G110 holds great! how you set it up is the world of difference in performance!
do you have the stock 3 in 1?
are you using any tail mods?
dabigrussian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

here's how my otherwise stock cp pro and stock radio (with G110 gyro addition and dual motor tail mod) is set up. I have the G110 gyro pot turned all the way down, the gain pot on the 3 in 1 turned all the way down, and the proprotional pot on the 3 in 1 turn to 50% or halfway between both extreme points. then on the stock radio i have the gain set to between 1oclock and 4 oclock depending on battery power and wind and such. with the dual tail motors it holds rock solid and wont wag or blow out.
good luck hope this helps- it was a fellow member of the forum who gave me those settings and took a bird up in the air that wouldnt fly before!
Old 03-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigrussian View Post
here's how my otherwise stock cp pro and stock radio (with G110 gyro addition and dual motor tail mod) is set up. I have the G110 gyro pot turned all the way down, the gain pot on the 3 in 1 turned all the way down, and the proprotional pot on the 3 in 1 turn to 50% or halfway between both extreme points. then on the stock radio i have the gain set to between 1oclock and 4 oclock depending on battery power and wind and such. with the dual tail motors it holds rock solid and wont wag or blow out.
good luck hope this helps- it was a fellow member of the forum who gave me those settings and took a bird up in the air that wouldnt fly before!
50% on the proprotainal for wha reason? it doesnt do anything with a external gyro does it? I turned both my dails to zero everything working fine i didnt even touch the gain on the gryo itself it came set at 12 oclock and flew fine there.

I read your supposed to turn it up untill u have wag then back off tiny bit but have not dun that yet. with a BL main that lil tail motor is having to work extra hard.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
50% on the proprotainal for wha reason? it doesnt do anything with a external gyro does it? I turned both my dails to zero everything working fine i didnt even touch the gain on the gryo itself it came set at 12 oclock and flew fine there.

I read your supposed to turn it up untill u have wag then back off tiny bit but have not dun that yet. with a BL main that lil tail motor is having to work extra hard.
i hear ya bro about the prop.! I was blown away when i was 1st told the same! i was trying to fly it with the gyro at 12 oclock and both 3 in 1 pots at 0 and she didnt fly! when another forum member, i believe it was Wicked Dragon suggested those settings - they worked and I have never changed them back since! maybe he can better explain them to you. I thought exactly like you about the prop.- but it works for me- tail holds great!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup....that was me!

The proportional adjusts the mixing. In theory, you shouldn't need it because the "mixing" should be handled handled by the gyro, but the mixer is still in use.

Epowered.... fell free to try it. You weren't having tail issues so we didn't have to go there, but see how it works on yours. You may be a good test subject to find out for sure!
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDragon View Post
Yup....that was me!

The proportional adjusts the mixing. In theory, you shouldn't need it because the "mixing" should be handled handled by the gyro, but the mixer is still in use.

Epowered.... fell free to try it. You weren't having tail issues so we didn't have to go there, but see how it works on yours. You may be a good test subject to find out for sure!
can't hurt right.. i will give it a try and see if i see any driffrence the only issue I AM having right now is sometimes I run out of Right, leaning i try to turn to the right and she just dont move it stays stright i was trying to fly left to right in a stright line then turn at each end one end to the left other to the right well guess what she didnt go right one time..... i think the stock motor on tail doing all it can do , when I lower the throttle ( rpms on main) it will then turn.
time for bruhsless tail???

Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
can't hurt right.. i will give it a try and see if i see any driffrence the only issue I AM having right now is sometimes I run out of Right, leaning i try to turn to the right and she just dont move it stays stright i was trying to fly left to right in a stright line then turn at each end one end to the left other to the right well guess what she didnt go right one time..... i think the stock motor on tail doing all it can do , when I lower the throttle ( rpms on main) it will then turn.
i dont know... i just upgraded to twin tail motors and so far i love it!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
No it can't....if it doesn't work for you, go back to the original settings. Sometimes I log this stuff in an attempt to try to remember what I've tried and what works, etc.

There's another route you can go. E-flite has a "2in1". It's actually a main/tail esc/mixer (brushed) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1039.

I'd go BL on the mains first!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDragon View Post
No it can't....if it doesn't work for you, go back to the original settings. Sometimes I log this stuff in an attempt to try to remember what I've tried and what works, etc.

There's another route you can go. E-flite has a "2in1". It's actually a main/tail esc/mixer (brushed) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1039.

I'd go BL on the mains first!
I said in another thread about the 2 in one might get it. I already went BL on main what you talking about ?

Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maybe I need an autorotation gear to help with glitches.

Thought you said something about the stock motor...... hence my confusion.

So, it's all good, but you're considering the BL tail.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in