Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trying to go brushless on main but 4 in one not working help!!!

ok I tryed to use a seprate esc on the tail but the tail motor only ran wide open Full throttle couldnt make it stop. tryed holding stick to right and or left before pluging up batt still wide open

so I said fine ill use the 4 in one just for esc for the tail I got a 40AMP for main motor. this is how i did it.

Main motor esc ( removed red wire for the bec) pluged up to TX channel on Ar6100
hooked the rudder channel from the hacked 4 in one to the gryo and the gryo is pluged into rudder channel on RX

I have NO need for the Throttle wire from 4 in one (remember hacked 4 in one) since I have a brusless esc for main but my 4 in one only flashes red to green red to green it wont go blink green then to solid green the only way it will is for the throttle channel from the 4 in one to be pluged into the Throttle channel on the RX... BUT i have the brushless esc pluged in there what the hay..
So do I use a Reg y harness like you would use to hook up dual ailerons on a airplane to hook the thrttole from 4 in one and the brushless controller to the throttle channel on the RX?

how do you do this?

oR could I use a Y split to plug into the RX for throttle channel then plug in the throttle lead from 4 in one and plug the main brushless esc into the other Y part of it???

Please help I have worked on this darn thing ALlllllllllllllllllllllllll Day long my head hurts

tryed two driffrent esc (brushled) for tail neither worked

I really want to use my brushless motor but if i cant figure it out by morning im putting the brushed motor back in it and saying forget it i want to fly...

i dont want to kill the 4 in one I would think the y harness would work but not sure. I mean they wont be a motor pluged to the main motor plug of the 4 in one but it still be trying to work if i have the throttle channel hooked to it right!?

I got a JST sordered to the Bruhless esc's power wires and just hooked the JST on the 4 in one to it ( like ur plugging up to a battery but just plugs to the power of rthe ESC)

so its got power i read not to use the brushless BEC cause the 4 in one has one thats why I removed the red wire..

just trying to give as much info as I can im headed to bed and dont know when Will get to check this.

Thanks

Last edited by Epoweredrc; 03-12-2009 at 11:20 PM..
Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can't use the 4in1 for this. It needs to have CH3 input to arm it and provide mixing and you can't disable the gyro.
WickedDragon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

to go seperates you have to plug the BL esc into the receiver and then plug the esc from the rudder into the gyro, gyro into receiver. Use your tx to make it work right. Here is the diagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setup diagram.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	86456  
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
helidude3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, well I feel stupid now, I sleep and got up and read the manual again.

Autally Wickeddragon , You can use the 4 in one and I am. u have to use a Y hardness like I was asking about you hook the new main brushless esc to on of the Y's and you hook the throttle channel from the 4 in one to the other Y and the other end of the Y plugs into the Throttle channel on the RX...

hooked it all up it works great got 3 flights on here today in between rain.

seems so much smoother with the brushless motor.

i have 75% at full stick on my curves got to tach it cause of bad weather didnt get to but I think its around 1900 still.

The gyro plugs into the rudder channel on RX and the rudder lead from the 4 in one plugs into the gryo.

I already had the gryo working....

using the 4 in one the canopy wont fit. i am going to try to fig out how to make a seprate esc for tail work or just go bruhless and hope can get a brushless tail esc to work..... those of you using brushless on tail u pluged the esc for tail into rudder channel on the rx right????

Old 03-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The diagram will solve all of you problems, just look at it from 2 posts above mine.
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
Old 03-14-2009, 11:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidude3 View Post
The diagram will solve all of you problems, just look at it from 2 posts above mine.
Thanks i got the brushless ESC for main working...

I would like more info n getting a seprate brushed or brushless tail esc to work cause the two I tryed didnt.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Thanks, well I feel stupid now, I sleep and got up and read the manual again.

Autally Wickeddragon , You can use the 4 in one and I am. u have to use a Y hardness like I was asking about you hook the new main brushless esc to on of the Y's and you hook the throttle channel from the 4 in one to the other Y and the other end of the Y plugs into the Throttle channel on the RX...

Yes, this is correct. This allows the ESC to arm and the mixing to run the tail. I mentioned this part a while ago..... no biggie.

hooked it all up it works great got 3 flights on here today in between rain.

seems so much smoother with the brushless motor.

i have 75% at full stick on my curves got to tach it cause of bad weather didnt get to but I think its around 1900 still.

The gyro plugs into the rudder channel on RX and the rudder lead from the 4 in one plugs into the gryo.

I already had the gryo working....

using the 4 in one the canopy wont fit. i am going to try to fig out how to make a seprate esc for tail work or just go bruhless and hope can get a brushless tail esc to work..... those of you using brushless on tail u pluged the esc for tail into rudder channel on the rx right????
My main point is that you're not supposed to be able to use an external gyro with the 4in1...... if it works, go get 'em!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedDragon View Post
My main point is that you're not supposed to be able to use an external gyro with the 4in1...... if it works, go get 'em!
how come? My 4 in one is now only a 3 in one it has the TX part gone... so it is now just a 3 in one. all the book tells you is to cut the gryo gain all the way to zero%...

Not aurguing, just wondering why you say not supposed to .

I wish i could get a brushled esc to work and drop that 4 in one but cant find any good info online, i hate this dail up connection.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

on you have it set up LIKE THE DIAGRAM, then it is all a matter of playing with Your settlings. I have not done it because the stock tail esc in the 3-in-1 is fine and doesn't burn out for the stuff I am doing.
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
Old 03-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
on you have it set up LIKE THE DIAGRAM, then it is all a matter of playing with Your settlings. I have not done it because the stock tail esc in the 3-in-1 is fine and doesn't burn out for the stuff I am doing.
what are you doing?
I have read so so many posts on all driffrent sites and most say this

"I was flying and the tail just went out it did peros to the ground"

me and my father were talking today seems strange a motor would just totally go out, I mean its got to start wearing and having power loss before it totally quits working. Seems most would be needing more and more trim input to help with the motor fading power...

Thats why its hard to read and belive everything you read on the net.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am using the DD GWS. w/ the 1st V blade. I have the heat sink that is came with and the stock heatsink on it. It barely heats up w/ my flying before the temp is probably 40º. I don't do any 3D with it.= either.
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
Old 03-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am using the DD GWS. w/ the 1st V blade. I have the heat sink that is came with and the stock heatsink on it. It barely heats up w/ my flying before the temp is probably 40º. I don't do any 3D with it.= either.
with 1st v blade? what that mean?
See direct drive gws must be better i need get a adaptor looked at the one for the CPP2 and now there calling for april to have them.

Old 03-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yeah, the GWS one with the adapter, the longer one, I think either 3020 or 4020. Or something like that.
Blade cx2
E-flite 4-site
Old 03-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
how come? My 4 in one is now only a 3 in one it has the TX part gone... so it is now just a 3 in one. all the book tells you is to cut the gryo gain all the way to zero%...

Not aurguing, just wondering why you say not supposed to .

I wish i could get a brushled esc to work and drop that 4 in one but cant find any good info online, i hate this dail up connection.
Supposedly, the 4in1 internal gyro can't be disabled. So if this is the case, you are in essence running 2 gyros on the tail. The 3in1 which was introduced on the CPP, was the first E-flite setup to be able to use the external gyro. Hence my confusion.

Quote:
what are you doing?
I have read so so many posts on all driffrent sites and most say this

"I was flying and the tail just went out it did peros to the ground"

me and my father were talking today seems strange a motor would just totally go out, I mean its got to start wearing and having power loss before it totally quits working. Seems most would be needing more and more trim input to help with the motor fading power...

Thats why its hard to read and belive everything you read on the net.
Been there! More like a post hole digger that a heli! You would think that the motors would last longer, but they seriously don't. They really are running hard the whole time and are kind of fragile.... a little tail ding and the shaft bends. That just makes it work harder. Even with the dual motor tail, one motor would just die..... the second couldn't bear the load of the dead motor and the tail..... piro, ground.... same story.

I haven't tried a brushed ESC, but was going to try one for a friend..... if I work it out before you go BL, I'll let you know.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Supposedly, the 4in1 internal gyro can't be disabled. So if this is the case, you are in essence running 2 gyros on the tail. The 3in1 which was introduced on the CPP, was the first E-flite setup to be able to use the external gyro. Hence my confusion.

Been there! More like a post hole digger that a heli! You would think that the motors would last longer, but they seriously don't. They really are running hard the whole time and are kind of fragile.... a little tail ding and the shaft bends. That just makes it work harder. Even with the dual motor tail, one motor would just die..... the second couldn't bear the load of the dead motor and the tail..... piro, ground.... same story.

I haven't tried a brushed ESC, but was going to try one for a friend..... if I work it out before you go BL, I'll let you know.
Oh, I see then, well mine is working.... lol I wanna get a seprate esc but since couldnt get it to work. maybe ill try again or maybe just get a 2 in one.
there about the size of just a esc.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:25 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What ESC are you using for the BL setup. With the Himaxx, right?
Old 03-20-2009, 02:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What ESC are you using for the BL setup. With the Himaxx, right?
For the main I am using a Suppo ( lightflightrc) sells them. 40A
For the brushed for tail i was trying to use a FMA and a Electrify one but couldnt get neither to work.
yes using a 2015-4100 Himax main motor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in