Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default issues VELOCITY 90

Hello everyone.
Since some time ago I decided fly VELOCITY 90 FBL , before flying TREX 700.

I clarify that I fly helicopters for 4 or 5 years.

The problem is that I found basically 4 serious problems in this helicopter.
1. loosen the screws in full flight... no matter if you use locktite

2. There is a GAP in the head I have not been able to fix or with shims

3. electronic tray on the front, the material plastic with which this manufactured is BAD quality, very brittle breaks only in full flight have changed 2 times this piece because it breaks one... so I decided manufacture me in MDF and epoxy

4. the main gear manufactured in material of lousy quality breaks in flight have broken when less 4 gears without reason in mid-air.

Outrage has an excellent service and congratulate you all are very kind, helicopter I like very much believe that it is very good design, but the problem is that in some parts are using very poor quality material that hopefully the manufacturer decides to improve as I leave some photos....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00160_800x533.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	283989   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00161_800x533.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	283990   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00176_800x533.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	283991   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00181_800x533.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	283992   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00187_800x533.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	283993  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00200_800x533.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	283994   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00201_800x533.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	283995   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00202_800x533.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	283996   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00204_800x533.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	283997  
bee power is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting issues. I had 2 min gears eaten up so far. However I cannot infirm the loosing screws and electronic front tray cracked. My electronic front tray survived a full nose down crash (due to loosing elevator). Heli actually did well in that crash.
I will double check my screws (just to be sure but did not notice any of them getting loose in flight).
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe you had your heli sprayed with cleaning additives. Some chemical compounds can crack plastics.
Check for severe vibrations in your heli they can cause the screws to loosen up every time. If screws were not cleaned with alcohol, locktite is useless and it might be the reason of the main gear stripping.
I always adjust the main and the pinion to be a little bit tiny loose such that when i hold the main gear firm and i move the clutch, i should be able to have a very tiny play with a tiny sound of tic toc but not excessive. This will give tollerence i think. I never had main gear problem so far.

If you are using the moulded main gear, check that it is perfectly round. You can do this buy placing one of you finger flat on the teeth while rotating the gear 360deg checking for any hump. I also do this procidure whenever i crash to prevent future stripping. I had two new gears and one had a hump such that you can feel 5-7 teeth are above others.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check your main shaft. It sounds to me like you have an early one where the jesus bolt hole was elongated. This would show as vertical slop in head and present possible gear problems. Not sure if this is the slop you were speaking of...
Kontronik Motor&ESC
memheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeed09 View Post
Maybe you had your heli sprayed with cleaning additives. Some chemical compounds can crack plastics.
Check for severe vibrations in your heli they can cause the screws to loosen up every time. If screws were not cleaned with alcohol, locktite is useless and it might be the reason of the main gear stripping.
I always adjust the main and the pinion to be a little bit tiny loose such that when i hold the main gear firm and i move the clutch, i should be able to have a very tiny play with a tiny sound of tic toc but not excessive. This will give tollerence i think. I never had main gear problem so far.

If you are using the moulded main gear, check that it is perfectly round. You can do this buy placing one of you finger flat on the teeth while rotating the gear 360deg checking for any hump. I also do this procidure whenever i crash to prevent future stripping. I had two new gears and one had a hump such that you can feel 5-7 teeth are above others.
i all ways clean my helicopters only with a soft cloth, ever.. , when i remove a screw vere ..ever i clean with alcohol first befor to re instal with loctite... its a RULE....

About a round gear thenks let me check abut humpt....

.... i need a cnc delring gear.... who sell them
Old 02-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

thenk good poit let me check
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default againnnnn

This is a headache... once more.... main gear of my velocity was broke in full flight and ultimately in a crash that happened in full stall -stop maneuver 3D, a pity that Outrage should do nothing at this problem, since the Velocity 90 only buy there have been problems with the the can mention one by one, problems in the head, the main gear in the rear gears in the ruder, fron and rear bevel gears in tail boom support boom... etc...etc... who does not realize?The problem of the main gear is resolve immediately with a up grade of CNC DELRIN nobody has manufactured?
who sells it,Real ...OUTRAGE... I'm getting tired to spend time and money on this model, I am in love with shaped flight, suoper agile and quick but the quality is lousy POOR and the will of you for fix it I push to return to ALIGN or go to MIKADO... want to continue flying velocity but...DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ..
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't completely blame Outrage on the problem here until you are sure its not minor errors on your part. The simplest thing can cause big problems in any heli. When you changed out your last broken main gear did you only replace it or did you go through anything else. I have had my Fusion 50 for a while now and I couldn't be happier with it. Its AWESOME!!
irishmatt18 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There is a CNC main gear about to be released for the Fusion and Velocity 50. Keep your eyes open; I'm sure one for the Velocity 90 will follow shortly.
p00rboi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00rboi View Post
There is a CNC main gear about to be released for the Fusion and Velocity 50. Keep your eyes open; I'm sure one for the Velocity 90 will follow shortly.
i'm sure to i supose you talking about VELOCITY 90 TE...i'm rigth ?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

The cnc main for the v50 was there from before and i have one in my store which is 132T.

For the v90, Tareq is using a different main gear i think he is still testing it and i remember he mentioned that soon there will be a release of a new main gear, tail case and the rotor head which will be similar to what he have in his helis. I think this is what will be the TE!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

But am sick to wait for these upgrades....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in