Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Garland, glad you like, here's a pic of the mechanics on my test rig in-flight. I've just about completed her around 2:00AM today and hoping for a full-up maiden tomorrow, along with the necessary pics and video.
The mechanics flew quite well and got the thing nicely tweaked and comfortable enough flying it. Now it's in the scale fuse, I presume a few minor tweaks will be in order to compensate for the additional weight and different aerodynamics.

Cletus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the Maiden:

....and here's a little video:

Last edited by Cletus; 09-03-2011 at 10:10 PM..
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is a pure beauty! excellent work Cletus!
paulmedford is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Paul!
For those interested, two important points to note if embarking on this project:
1) Get the upgrade Machined Aluminum Clutch Bell w/gear CN2225. I tore-up to shreds, the original plastic clutch bell this morning after only 4-flights and had to essentially auto the thing in .....NOT FUN

2) Setup the Skookum SK-720 for Sport-Flying NOT Scale flying. The scale setting has the tail and collective responses way too sluggish and you'll be wondering why the bird feels so big, heavy and lazy. With sport response, and a little expo, maybe 15%, on the cyclic, she's a joy to fly)

Old 09-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that is sweeeeeet!! Nice scale like flying also.
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Upgrade aluminum clutch just installed. Hopefully, this one will last

Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Upgrade aluminum clutch just installed. Hopefully, this one will last
I found the standard clutch bell find for use with the OS32 to OS46 engines, but with the higher powered electric conversions, I would definitely go with the U/G metal bell.

Last edited by MotorRotor; 09-14-2011 at 12:57 PM..
MotorRotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hoping to get off early this afternoon and go do some test flights at the field

Old 09-25-2011, 05:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Cletus, just out of curiosity, where did you place the sk720...was trying to follow the wires in the pics, but can't quite nail it down exactly.
Canadaheliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaheliguy View Post
Hi Cletus, just out of curiosity, where did you place the sk720...was trying to follow the wires in the pics, but can't quite nail it down exactly.
Behind the collective servo (no it's not touching):

Old 10-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default electric coversion bracket and space

Hi Cletus...did you have any issues with clearance between the lock nut and the side of the motor? went to fit mine last night and I'm finding the motor is rubbing against the lock nut on one side...and it's too tight to even get the lock nut in between the bracket and motor on the other side. PS:...same motor..same mechanics.
did you have to do anything fancy to get that in there?.....or is something possibly pulling my frames in together tighter than they should be..? tough to tell without a direct comparison.
Canadaheliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaheliguy View Post
Hi Cletus...did you have any issues with clearance between the lock nut and the side of the motor? went to fit mine last night and I'm finding the motor is rubbing against the lock nut on one side...and it's too tight to even get the lock nut in between the bracket and motor on the other side. PS:...same motor..same mechanics.
did you have to do anything fancy to get that in there?.....or is something possibly pulling my frames in together tighter than they should be..? tough to tell without a direct comparison.
Oops! .....must have forgotten to mention it. I solved that challenge with regular nuts and loctite

Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had some issues crop-up (tail vibration, and the tail was all over the place, I nearly put it in a couple of times). I tore apart the tail for a rebuild, turns-out the tail-rotor assembly came from the factory put-together rather shabbily. Much slop and some cracks in the plastic moldings. Had a bunch of spare-parts on hand and i spent an hour rebuilding the assembly as it should be. Now she flies great!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in