Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spartan RC > Spartan Vortex

Spartan Vortex Spartan RC - Vortex VX1 Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy VX1n elevator & Aileron issues…

Hey everyone!

I have two issues with two of my helis using the VX1n. I just finished building a Synergy N7 heli. Yesterday (Saturday) was its maiden flight! The flight went great except for the tail is slower than what I would like, but no problem there, I can fix that. However, as I progressed into the flight, the aileron started acting weird! Like it was over controlling my commands!

Performing aileron rolls, it was super easy and smooth. Performing funnels was scary as it was over aggressive. I have this same issue with my Goblin gasser on the elevator. The elevator becomes over aggressive during maneuvers requiring elevator.

What should I look for in the program menu? Lessen the rotor agility? Or rotor gain? Or both?

Thanks!

Citizen 654
rcnut is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2015, 01:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hard to say from your description, not sure what its doing.

It sounds like your machines might just be a little too aggressive for your tastes, so I'd probably drop the agility down a little and see how you like it.

For the rotor gain, I personally tune that as high as I can without it causing a shudder. Generally I'll have a lower headspeed bank ready to jump down to if I need, and I'll tune the gain up and test it by doing quick jabs on aileron and elevator in a hover, followed by some pitch pumps. Once the gain gets too high you'll see the disk shudder and shake, and once you get to that point just drop it down a little.
myxiplx is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2015, 10:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I went to the Birmingham Fun Fly and found the problem! It was the factory tape. Changed it to the 3M gray...problem went away! Heli flies very smooth and locked in.

Now to find out what the deals is with the collective pitch difference during setup versus flight mode...

Citizen 654
Old 03-29-2015, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can't measure collective during operating mode as cyclic gets mixed in. Make sure the setup->transmitter range is exact +/-100% and the operating collective will be same as setup.

Angelos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2015, 07:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You can't measure collective during operating mode as cyclic gets mixed in. Make sure the setup->transmitter range is exact +/-100% and the operating collective will be same as setup.

Angelos, But that's the problem...the operating collective is not same as the setup!

My collective travel adjust is set to +/-100%... +/-106% in the radio to equal +/-100% in the data pod, for a DX9 radio.

As I setup the "Max" collective pitch to +12 degrees and the "Max Negative" collective pitch to -12, the actual (operating) collective pitch is around 0.7 - 1.0 degrees less than the operating pitch.

If I want a true +/-12 degrees total travel, I need to set the Max and Min values higher, like +/- 13 degrees.

Is this normal? I reallize that while flying around there is a small amount of cyclic pitch mixed in. But static pitch...sitting on my workbench operating just the total collective pitch should be what is set in the Vortex controller.

Maybe I'm wrong!

Citizen 654
Old 03-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As per my last message you can't measure collective range during operating mode as some cyclic gets mixed in. There is mixing, trim flight results, stabilisation ouput that decays slowly and other things mixed to the cyclic that it means it can never be assumed to be true zero. In the setup screens where you adjust the collective travel the cyclic is forced to centre which enables collective measurement to be taken.

Angelos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, got it. I went back into the programming and set the min/max collective to +/-12 degrees.

Thanks!

Citizen 654
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in