Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters

Other Makes and Models Helicopters Other makes and model Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TRex 450 Clone

I can't find a board representing these clones for the life of me, and am very close to hitting the buy-it-now button on eBay. Anyone here have any experience with them and/or have a flight review/video of them flying....? Am I even in the right message board???
I get confused just thinking about this whole thing! Help!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-HELICOPTE...ht_9383wt_1031

J.I.
ignaceous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds wayyyyy to cheap. Generally you get what you pay for. Is this your first bird! Do you like headaches! Where will you get parts WHEN you crash? Not if, but when. I'd run far from this clone.... Just my humble 2 cents.
wishiwereaskibum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Not my first heli, started with coax then fix pitch 9116 and then mCPX2. Now looking for something that doesn't make a mild gust of wind seem like a hurricane. As far as the price, Mikey's RC had a tutorial up for building a TRex clone for around $280, and that was a couple of years ago. Now he stated that he doesn't recommend you build from scratch because it's cheaper to buy the clones. Replacement parts shouldn't be a problem because it's supposed to be compatible with TRex. The seller has very good reviews and I am wondering if any owners out there want to come out of the closet and admit to their reckless/good decision.
ignaceous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread...

I'm looking at clones as well but cannot seem to find a good thread on the topic really. Views are polarised. I simply cannot afford a new Align but want to go bigger from my 120SR. I've seen the link below as the "base" to which I can then add the missing parts. I've got a DX6i so have that cost covered.

http://helisfromdevon.co.uk/page15.html

Anyone had a Gootch TREX 500 clone? Quality looks significantly "better then the average clone"... The forum associated with the website of course cannot be taken as independent.
Mimbulus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking REPLY!!!

Hi all,
I just recently bought a Trex 450 clone on ebay. Just got it a few days again and has been checking it out ever since I have to say, (just quick fyi, am totally new to this) the build is pretty dam good, considering I got it for less than 100 bucks! The head is metal, and the body is CF (carbon fiber)!

This is where I got it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/180851178988...84.m1423.l2649

When you check it out there is no description except:

"Metal 450 V2 3D 6ch 2.4G RC RTF for Align T-rex helicopter US Stock "
Specification

Length:660mm
Height:230mm
Main Blade Length:325mm
Main Rotor Diameter:700mm
Tail Rotor Diameter:150mm
Motor Pinion Gear:12T/13T
Main Drive Gear:150T
Autorotation Tail Drive Gear:106T
Tail Drive Gear:25T
Weight:2516g
Flying Weight:730~760g s
Package Contents
Package already include all parts for 450 helicopter. and we have assemble and setting them well.

1 x 450 Helicopter Kit (suitable for 3D 6 CH)
1 x 6CH 2.4GHZ TX & RX FS-CT6B
1 x outrunner brushless motor 4000
1 x 40A ESC
1 X lipo BATTERY 2200MAH 11.1V 20C
3 x 9g servo S0009(Blue) + 1 x 9g swevo(Black)
1 x headlock gyro
2 x Glass Fiber 325mm Main Blade
2 x plastic 58mm Tail Blade
1 x Glass Fiber Canopy( Color may Change without notice)

Note this is not an upgrade kit, but the full kit, includes everything! (except a power supply :/)

I am hoping for the maiden flight to be tomorrow hopefully, after I do the checkups required, just to make sure nothing goes wrong. But seriously, so far so good. Will post up pics soon Hope this helped!
clikonco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a clone RTF off eBay for 90 bucks and it was not that bad. I had to go over all the radio settings because it was not ready to fly. The rotor head was plastic with some metal. Some of the screws stripped out easy on the plastic so I order a aluminum rotor head and replaced it. This is my first heli and I was able to practice on a sim. I had one small accident with the old head that caused a slight tail boom bend and a damaged rotor blade. I did replace the tail servo with a digital one. I have done a few more test hovers and so far so good. It came with the ct6b radio and I found some good videos that showed me how to set it up.
Madhampster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in