Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
You and lots of other people are waiting for them! LOL
You can say that again.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurase View Post
Nathan,
You have to remember that the amp spikes are WAY HIGHER on a Kosmic due to the governor being a reactive governor verses the V-Bar Governor being a proactive governor. That is why you are seeing the HUGE amp spikes. I ran a jlog2 for a LONG time on my TDR with Xera 4530LE and I got spikes of 180-190A ALL the time. A hard tic tock could produce that and that heli made NO where the power the 4525 Scorpion I have is making as I ran the head speed lower too on TDR.

Jive/Kosmic's and big amp spikes go hand in hand. Doesn't necessarily mean the power is that larger verses a system that is proactive.

I am just saying that amp draw is not near as bad on someone running vbar governor. I believe Fredrik and some others have done logging on a vbar governor model and it showed the big amps spikes are almost gone. They went WAY down and no one can say vbar governor doesn't give the feeling of power. It is hands down my preferred governor.

Norman Ross Jr.
Kosmik gov works better for me than vbar gov now, if you havent noticed kosmik also overspeeds more than jive, similar to vbar gov, take a look in the vbar software what your thr percentage do when you increase pitch, it increases, this is same as old revo mix so if you want its very easy to do same with kosmik or jive for that matter, by merely using a slight v curve you can lower peaks and have a semi proactive gov or go full monty with revo mix. Imop not needed but just saying you dont need vbar gov to make kosmik react like a vbar gov.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try using a revo mix and see how well the kosmic likes it. Maybe it will take it. Don't own one but a Jive WILL NOT. Guys tried that years ago. If you have a constantly moving percentage the Jive knocks the RPM down and you have to reset the Jive to Mode 1 to clear the error. That little trick on a Jive DOES NOT work.

#2 you can NOT get past the base firmware of a jive to let it prevent overspeed. The instant an overspeed happens the jive will reduce throttle. No mix can change the core of the base hardware.

I have been told the Kosmic is very like the old jazz gov which is better than a jive IMO.

I much prefer the vbar gov. I would like a Kosmic as IMO K has THE best, bullet proof BEC ever made and K ESC's are very high quality. I have flown them for over 7 years. Until the Kosmic does V-Gov no deal. I won't even consider it...

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My findings on this Logo 700 Xxtreme are as follows:

• I found the main aluminum hub didn't fit correctly into the main gear causing the gear to appear warped when assembled in the Heli for the first time. After further investigation the main gear molding measured 0.2mm smaller than the aluminum hub, so it needed some re-work in order for it to sit flat so that the main gear ran true. The gear mesh as you would expect needs to be done carefully to obtain a smooth transition and no binding takes place.

• The tail assembly I found a little tight and almost definitely was the main cause of my tail wag. The tail needs careful assembly and you must watch you don't over tighten the screws and everything aligns well.

• The ball links on the pitch slider are also a little tight and need a small pinch with some flat pliers to loosen them off a little.

• When assembling the pitch slider ensure when screwing in the brass bush is square and true, when done check to see if the arms are level.

• The brass bush is a little tight on the output shaft, its worth putting a little metal polish on the shaft to ensure the movement beds well together and Im sure after a few flights the whole tail assembly will loosen up.

• Just out of the process of elimination I also change the 4 bearings for better quality ones.

• Sensor pad, although my first results on the vbar vibration analysis were fine, I decided to add a metal sandwich plate between the sensor and the main frame. This allows a little less vibration to get too the vbar sensor.

• vbar settings as follows: These were achieved after several flights and we believe they work very well for my style of flying !

• Style 64
Agility 94
Gyro Gain 84
Rc Deadband 2
Elevator precomp 10
Paddle Sim 20
15% Expo
Control loop Ele 47 Ail 47

Tail
Yaw Rate 94
Giro Gain 90
Rc Deadband 5
Acceleration 55
P gain 90
I gain 55
Stop gains A and B 20 20
50% expo
Control loop 38 47
Torque pre-comp
22 collective
9 cyclic
0 Zero Col
robbarnes1098 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurase View Post
Try using a revo mix and see how well the kosmic likes it. Maybe it will take it. Don't own one but a Jive WILL NOT. Guys tried that years ago. If you have a constantly moving percentage the Jive knocks the RPM down and you have to reset the Jive to Mode 1 to clear the error. That little trick on a Jive DOES NOT work.

#2 you can NOT get past the base firmware of a jive to let it prevent overspeed. The instant an overspeed happens the jive will reduce throttle. No mix can change the core of the base hardware.

I have been told the Kosmic is very like the old jazz gov which is better than a jive IMO.

I much prefer the vbar gov. I would like a Kosmic as IMO K has THE best, bullet proof BEC ever made and K ESC's are very high quality. I have flown them for over 7 years. Until the Kosmic does V-Gov no deal. I won't even consider it...

Norman Ross Jr.
I havent tried revo mix but did try v curve and got better rpm consistency under load logged on jive i also read about others and similar result, that was a long time ago and i did not pursue it further as i dont notice difference in flight tbh. For sure i can tell you powerjazz gov is not close to jive, i had a couple of those and its just ok.
But we all have our preferences, i much prefer kosmik to yge 160 on l700 and vbar gov so i couldnt care less if kontronik leaves it out of the equation tbh
Old 02-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Oooo, I'd disagree strongly there, the kosmik feels just like the powerjazz governor, but with a slight bit more polish to it.
Both are miles better than the jive governor.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me personally, I think the jazz governor was better than the Jive. It did not have the big tail kick. This my opinion only. I have been told the Kosmic has the lack of tail kick like old jazz but not anal about overspeed like a vgov.

If that is true, then it is best reactive governor made.

Norman Ross Jr.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Logo flew today, no issues at all feels light. One thing I have not done is put it on the scales curious about the weight. N 1850 IU1 1950 IU2 2050, seems to handle 2050 the best, quick on the cyclic and responsive. Got one 4 minute flight in IU2 and had 49% remaining in packs. 2nd flight 5 1/2 minutes in IU2 and had 28% remaining in packs, Gens Ace 5300's. The rec. pack is a Gens Ace 1800 7.4 took a total of 565 mah to recharge. Plans are to remove the rec pack, install gryphon 75v 20a BEC and run a Scorpion BUG, should be good for a solid 5 minute flight. Not hard 3d just big air and some mild throwing it around stuff @ my skill level. My Rush 750 was heavier than the L700 that I recently sold. Going to be my favorite by far..
Diablo 700 14s / 700 12s / Logo 800 / 700 Extreme / Logo 600SE / Logo 690SX / Goblin 770 Carbon / Goblin 700 / BD3SX / Kontronik / Jeti DS-16 Red Racer #11..
chrisansilver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is an update on the main gear / auto-hub issue. I also posted this on the original thread.

I just received my Logo 700 from ReadyHeli (Feb 21, 2013) and I am pleased to say zero issues with the fitment of the main gear and auto hub. They slide together very smooth and the main gear is as flat as can be on a glass plate.

It would appear, at least the one I received, the new kits are good to go!
RyanW is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

The problem was VERY isolated. My kit is from the very first production run and it perfect. It was isolated...
Old 03-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

What sensor tape are you guys using on your 700s? I have two types of the red tape with different thickness, which was supplied with the kit and in the VBar package.

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What sensor tape are you guys using on your 700s? I have two types of the red tape with different thickness, which was supplied with the kit and in the VBar package.

Thanks,
If your using the silver vbar the stock tape suppled with the vbar works fine. Its just about nothing more than double stick tape.

Logo 480 / Logo 600sx / Logo 690 / Logo 700 / Vbar Control
Mentalic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you. Yea, I was wondering why they supplied a thicker tape with the kit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in