Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Main Motor stops after 360°

Hi,
since today I´ve big trouble with my BL Mild Kit. Main motor starts for 360° turn and stops after that. Tail rotor runs fine.
After 20 successfull flights with my new AD BL Mild Kit I´ve no idea how to solve this problem. I´ve double checked (multimeter)
all solder points and resoldered it wihout any success. I´ve tried to arm the esc as described in a linked video on Dylan´s site.
I use a GRAUPNER MX-16 HoTT + Spektrum Arduino DIY module. The module I use sind 2 month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the motor binding up?
Old 12-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Unhappy

Hi NCcraig,
probably not. I´ve tried to do it that way:
[ame=http://youtu.be/5HsEFndZ9sM]How to arm the Oversky 10A PNP BLheli ESC for Walkera (1 min 52 sec)[/ame]
Till now I was flying 20 nice indoor flights without any problem. For activating the BL system I´ve done it this way: 1) flat 60% throttle curve programmed for take off 2) throttle cut of (Motor on) for starting the tail motor 3) throttle cut switch of 4) after 2 seconds throttle cut of again. After the main rotor has spindled till reaching the adjusted turns (60%), I´ve increased positive pitch for taking off. After take off I´ve switched from 60% to 70% flat throttle curve. Till now I´ve tried a lot of things. I´ve disconnected the tail motor. Same error. I´ve connected the old stock motor - it runs fine. I´ve checked the transmitter using my stock Blade mCP X V.2, runs fine. Unfortunately I own no secound BL ESC
Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy

Hi,
Now I´ve tried this procedure https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...71&postcount=6
1. TH on (meaning it prevents spoolup), f-mode in normal (0-60-100), throttle stick down at 0%
2. connect battery
3. let 3-in-1 arm (blue LED on)
4. disengage TH, stick still at 0%
5. move throttle stick to mid-stick for a second (tail rotor will start spinning, main rotor still)
6. move throttle stick back to 0%
7. engage TH
8. switch to idle-up
9. disengage TH (main rotor starts spooling up)

without any success.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try this. I send it with all my conversions.

Set Throttle curves to the following as a starting point.
Mild Kit: Wild Kit:
Normal. 65% Flat 80% Flat
IU1. 70% Flat 83% Flat
IU2 78% Flat 85% Flat

Adjust your pitch travel to 85%
You cannot run linear or V-shaped throttle curves with the flashed ESC in TX “arm” mode which is the default setting. Now that the ESC is flashed, you cannot convert it back into an un-flashed ESC.

Start-up:

1. Turn on Tx, set fight mode to normal and set throttle hold to on.
2. Plug in battery and the motor will beep three times. Let 3-n-1 initialize and blue light is solid.
3. Flip throttle hold off and back on again. This will arm the ESC. You will hear two long tones.
4. Flip throttle hold off again and the motor will smoothly spool up.
5. Once the motor has come up to speed, you can switch between flight modes.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi NCcraig,
thank You for helping me. I´ve setted 60% flat for nomal and 70% for IU mode. Since yesterday evening the whole BL system has
worked properly (for at least 20 batteries). Today I´ve started a training session but has stopped immediately.
Do You know what causes the effect that the main blades are turning 360° and will stop after that? Is it a sign of wrong/ not
armed BL ESC? Could the ESC or the BL motor be damaged? I´ve no idea, I only know that the stock Blad mCP X and transmitter
are working fine, the stock nano motor spools properly after connecting with the 3in1 Nano Board and the error of spooling
only one circle is the same while plugged of tail motor connector. A lot of questions
Old 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It really sounds like you have a power problem if the ESC is arming. Have you tried spooling up with out the blades on?
Old 12-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi NCcraig,
after unmounting the main blades the main shaft spools the same full turn and stops after that. The tail rotor works fine. Everything has started great and the set was so powerful. Probably something on the ESC or the BL motor is damaged. But I have no idea. I only know that the stock equipment works so fare (the stock main is very weak but I´ve received a spare for free from HH). Could the ESC be in any kind of programming mode? But why does the main shaft start to spool after second switch of (i.e. Motor running) of Throttle Cut switch
Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you got into programming mode, the motor would be beeping with a series of continual tones. You may have a bad component, motor or ESC. It's one or the other if you haven't had any problems until now I would guess. I'm sorry I can't help you figure it out.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi NCcraig,
nevertheless thanks for Your help and patience Tomorrow I`ll visit my family for christmas holiday. For checking my Heli I`ll send my nano to an experienced user in a German RC Heli Forum. At the same time I´ve written a mail to Dylan, he is the expert.

Last edited by ElektroTrainerS; 12-23-2012 at 06:45 AM..
ElektroTrainerS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wink Problem solved

Hi,
after support of a very helpful helifreak-user 4712 my Nano CP X is reade for take off. I´ve send him my helicopter and after a check of BL Heli software configuration he has analysed wrong setting as reason for my problem. After flashing my ESC the problem was solved. He´s send me a modified programming box so now it´s possible for me to make changes in BL Heli software configuration. Obviously I´ve changed the configuration via transmitter (MX-16 HoTT, Arduino Spektrum Module) while trying to solve the problem. Thanks for the support to all users

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in