Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default MP II 80/90 on a OS 70

I ran my new OS70 with the MP II and it was just about right on from the first tank. Nice power and nice smooth Idle. If you thinking of running your 70 with the MP II would go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Head temp was about 130 to 137 deg. Only one thing it is a beast of a muffle and you will need to trim your canopy if it is on a Raptor 60
Matthew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2004, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I was very impressed how your new OS 70 ran today!! It was nice and from the second tank on would pull good headspeed and seemed to have GOBS of power with that MP2 80-90. I would recommend using the 89-90 MP2 on the OS 70 to anyone after seeing it kick butt today!!

It is big, but it sure made that OS 70 run great and sound great!!!
Old 05-03-2004, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

I run the MPII on my OS 70 also. It runs great! I have a question for you though. I am running about 190 or so for my temp. I am fairly new at this, but 130-137 seems very low to me. Am I running my 70 too hot? It runs great, and sounds fine, with decent smoke (for Wildcat fuel ). I don't want to fry my new engine though. What do you think?

Thanks
cwbonner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

130 to 137 was on the first 3 tanks. I have heard that to break in a motor needs to be 160+ on the head. Not sure if it is true or now, but I always take it easy and run rich for the first 10 or more tanks. Just lean enough on the main nedle to turn the headspeeds I have programmed.

I'm sure there are better ways.
Old 05-05-2004, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

CW

I'll be leaning it out some more too ti get the head temp up but I lost one new engine{ OS replaced for free} and I want to take this one slow.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)

baja170
Thanks for the feedback. I started mine out very rich and cool also (150 ish.) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't pushing too much.

Matthew

Hope your engine and MPII run as well as mines does. It seems to be a great combination
cwbonner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

Matthew,

When I had a 70 and MP2 combo I broke it in over two gallons before I started touching the needles. Seems like alot but I was affraid of the piston problem and figured if it was gona show up it would those first couple gallons. On the third gallon I started leaning it out and if u think it flys nice now wait till you lean it out you'll love it. just break her in slow.

Wish I'd kept it but just had to have a 91
Splattt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2004, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Good advice. I'll do it. I picked up a a temp guage today I'll use it to help. I't is still running real cool around 140 deg. I'm going to try to get it to run around 160 deg for the rest of the break in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in