Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Master CP

Master CP Walkera Master CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Motors Burning Out

Can anybody give me some advice. I've got through 5 tail motors in as many weeks. They are just burning out.

I only ever fly 2 batteries back to back, and the last 2 have been less than half way through the first.

Gyro set to 80%
orbyoakes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Motors are junk and dont like to be flown back to back . Let motors cool between flights . I went brushless on the main and im using a hyperion pack that i charge in 20 minutes which gives the tail time to cool in between flights . Also only having to deal with 1 pack is much easier .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

^ +1, these motors, mail or tail can't handle being flown back to back, always give at least 5 minute cool down.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TAIL

I normally fly three consecutive flights and have only gone thru one main motor and one tail motor. It’s more likely your tail rotor shaft is bent, damaged bearings or your tail motor wire is damaged. There’s a motor heat sink made for the v400 which uses the same motor as the Master CP. I installed it on mine a while ago. I haven’t check temperatures but so far so good. The safest thing is to give 4-5 minutes between flights. If you've gone thru that many tail motors the problem is not the tail motor.
ticojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default setting

Try Gyro set to 70% only..
bigalos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebtx12 View Post
^ +1, these motors, mail or tail can't handle being flown back to back, always give at least 5 minute cool down.
Cant handle single flights... I got a few hovers out of the main (constsnt issues), tail resigned after a few flghts dialing in the bl main... Didnt even get to buying more batteries...

Worst piece of crap ever... Its cheap to fix but if you have to spend $20 fixing it every other day when crashing due to mechanical failure...
Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livan75 View Post
Cant handle single flights... I got a few hovers out of the main (constsnt issues), tail resigned after a few flghts dialing in the bl main... Didnt even get to buying more batteries...

Worst piece of crap ever... Its cheap to fix but if you have to spend $20 fixing it every other day when crashing due to mechanical failure...
+1

You think the motor is bad on the Master CP? These are the exact same motors as used on the V400D02, nearly a 450 size.

They're a nightmare on this, and I recall having just 1 flight before meltdown once.

Even worse news is that Walkera have decided to yet again use these Bullshit motors on their expensive(ish) and overpriced G400 that carries quite heftily price tagged GPS gear.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXiN View Post
+1

You think the motor is bad on the Master CP? These are the exact same motors as used on the V400D02, nearly a 450 size.

They're a nightmare on this, and I recall having just 1 flight before meltdown once.

Even worse news is that Walkera have decided to yet again use these Bullshit motors on their expensive(ish) and overpriced G400 that carries quite heftily price tagged GPS gear.
Its great for spare parts sales... I wouldnt trust it to carry a bag of farts
Old 12-27-2013, 06:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livan75 View Post
Its great for spare parts sales... I wouldnt trust it to carry a bag of farts
Ha ha, yeah. True enough.

You bring up a good point in all honesty - spares sales.

Crafty people those Chinese Guys.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiXiN View Post
Crafty people those Chinese Guys.
Yep...

I bined it last weekend, removed mg servos and bl upgrade and threw the rest away! It felt great, been nothing but problem and after the first visual inspection it was alot more damage than I first thought...

Call it a new years resolution, to not become a junk collector...

Still wont call it a bad buy, I was gunning for the Devo10 the heli was just something that came along for an extra $50...
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Strange. I have hundreds of flights on my two Masters and no problems with the tail motors. Even with the brushless main motors.
They don't hold like the direct driven tail of my larger helis of course but they don't break.
whoputthegroundthere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same, I have had no motor problems either. I bought my Master CP 2 months ago. First crash (into cabinet) broken the servos, the swash and bent the feathering shaft. Replaced with metal servos and metal swash, head and blade grips. I just figure this is par for the course with crashing. The original servos seem to be junky

Does your main motor have a cooling port in it? Maybe the newer motors are improved (?)
Briansky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail set screw

What size is the set screw in tail for the allen key and who has one?
dandano1433@aol.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was on RC Groups last week and someone asked the same question. If I remember right, there is a SMALL allen key that comes with the Genius/Mini/Super birds, (for the feathering shaft?) and it fits. No one else had a line on where to get one. I've seen the screw you're talking about and hope the allen key I have from my Genius works when I need it- but I didn't try it for size yet.

Hope that helps!
heli-b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail screw size

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandano1433@aol.com View Post
What size is the set screw in tail for the allen key and who has one?
0.9mm I only happen to know this because I saw a guy looking for it on another forum a few months ago and he actually posted a reply in his original thread only yesterday.

Did a bit of research for you. "Wiha 352HM-5" is a good little allen key kit. It comes with 0.7, 0.9, 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0mm "L" shaped wrenches. Hope that helps.
ajinbc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 06:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys I've had the cp for about 18 months now and I was going through a main motor about every 10 flights and distroyed the servos after the second flight replaced with metal and all good replaced the main motor with the brushless and has been running fine since , no real problems with the tail though rtf heli do a brushless tail kit as well but I think the guys are right about bent shaft or bearing though hope this helps
Cheers
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by watho 46 View Post
Hi guys I've had the cp for about 18 months now and I was going through a main motor about every 10 flights and distroyed the servos after the second flight replaced with metal and all good replaced the main motor with the brushless and has been running fine since , no real problems with the tail though rtf heli do a brushless tail kit as well but I think the guys are right about bent shaft or bearing though hope this helps
Cheers
Problem with them kits is the price tag...

It get plenty of power but still don't fly that great, works ok to practice orientations, inverted and normal and some basic 3d. I spent the same amount on my 300x when I decided to keep it (not just the BeastX), not nearly as powerful as my 6S 450 but it can keep up...

I'd spend my money on the 450 instead
Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you spending a lot of time just hovering in place? That will really work the tail motor hard. I have two Masters and other than when Ive pilled drived tail first, I have yet to have to change out a tail motor. Bad tail gear assem may be the likely cause of short motor life or back to back flights with a lot of hovering. I used to go through a lot of tail motors on the CB100 and MSR when I was first learning to fly and then again with the Genius and MCPX, once again a lot of hovering. Now most of my brushed stuff has well over 100 flights.... then again could be a bad batch of motors, went through a bunch on the Nano qx, now at least 50 flight with no prob.
minidan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in