Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default planing stage of a 600 build servos gyro ideas..

ok iam in the plaining stages for a 600.

servos ? middle of the road in price .. say 25 to 40 bucks maybe ?

and iam guessing a quark gyro ? or any other half way good gyros ? iam not goin to be smackin her around. basic flight . maybe in a year or so smack her around but not rite now..

it will be a FB head . not up for a FBL head yet . just to much electronics to go wrong for me at this time .. unless my mind gets changed lol .. ???

thanks for any ideas ..

Last edited by xpftp; 04-03-2013 at 08:48 PM..
xpftp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: planing stage of a T600 build servos gyro ideas..

Middle of the road is not $25-$40. I would think new at least $70. Quark is good, a lot of good gyros can be had used for <$50. Just sold one myself. Solid G, and GY-520 are what I'm using and they both do very well for sport flying (all I can do at this point) and can be found regularly in the $30-$50 range in the classifieds. Align DS610 would run on the high side of your range.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
WTrax is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with WTrax----middle of the road servos for the 600 is at least the Align DS 610 on the collective and DS 650-655 on the tail rotor. I still use a Futaba 401 on my scale heli's with FB and they work well and can be bought for $50-60. I would recommend the Chaos 600 belt drive if you are looking down the clone route to save money. I personally would stay away from the HK clone.
sherman89 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I personally would stay away from the HK clone.
+1 Done the HK and replaced just about everything. Spend a few dollars now or later, but you will upgrade and spend the money. It is more than worth spending a few more now and save yourself a lot of headaches. Spend a few more on servos and get Align 610's. For cheap gyro that worked really well for me was the Assan GA250. I had great success with it and held tail slides with no issues.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
+1 Done the HK and replaced just about everything. Spend a few dollars now or later, but you will upgrade and spend the money. It is more than worth spending a few more now and save yourself a lot of headaches. Spend a few more on servos and get Align 610's. For cheap gyro that worked really well for me was the Assan GA250. I had great success with it and held tail slides with no issues.
i have the GA250. i found it has issues with any 3d . i can loop a 400 and a 500. and the min i did with the ga250 the tail blew out . i feel to my knees thankin the heli gods for letting me get back control of it and safe landing. then i readup on the ga250 and this is normal issue and assan wont do nothing about it ..

so the ga250 is out..
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did many tail slides with the GA250 and never had any issues when I used it.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

sounds like you one of the lucky ones .. i give the ga250 the fact normal flight its rock soild but the one i got after that goes south bad .. and i have no idea if it can be flashed .. "by home user"

but anyways what do you guys think of these servos ?
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-645...ra_torque.html
Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
but anyways what do you guys think of these servos ?
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-645...ra_torque.html
speed is too slow for heli. I wouldn't go any slower than .12

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in