Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Add a "you have connected a flat battery" alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
It doesn't seem to be working with JLog 2.0 either, but I'm going to try a few more things.

FYI, you'll have to pry my Kontronik ESC's from my cold dead fingers. This is hardly a deal breaker.

I thought the others were working as they seemed to on the bench... But my two Heli's with JLog 2.5 don't work either. So... This feature is cool but JLog doesn't play well with it. Not Jeti's issue though, absolutely agree.

My Kontronik ESC's aren't going anywhere either. Only thing that will likely happen is that they'll get replaced with Jive Pro's in the future (except the Kosmik, of course...).

No biggie... Just posted to see if others have had the same experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Kontronic with a Jlog 2.6 works. Before I did the 'Batt connect alarm' I was having dual alarms of Temperature and U voltage. When I stopped the Jlog activating and relied on the Jeti DS16 to trigger the alarm thresholds all was fine.

Edit..If the Jlog is alarming earlier then the perameters that the Jeti needs are maybe not met?
buttles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
I thought the others were working as they seemed to on the bench... But my two Heli's with JLog 2.5 don't work either. So... This feature is cool but JLog doesn't play well with it. Not Jeti's issue though, absolutely agree.

My Kontronik ESC's aren't going anywhere either. Only thing that will likely happen is that they'll get replaced with Jive Pro's in the future (except the Kosmik, of course...).

No biggie... Just posted to see if others have had the same experience.

I suspect there is a way to make this work, and when I have some time I'll experiment with it.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

The easiest way is to dump the Jlog and go Jeti all the way
Old 05-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
The easiest way is to dump the Jlog and go Jeti all the way
I love my DS-16 and my R3's are working beautifully, but you're quite diluded if you think that would be a step up even as a joke.

Jeti doesn't even have a Mezon that could be compared with a Kosmik.

At one point I considered the comparison between them open, but I've gotten enough feedback from people who've tested them side by side to be pretty confident Kontronik ESC's have a real advantage over the Mezon and any other ESC currently on the market. These people wanted a lower cost alternative that worked as well so Jeti had the advantage going in, but it just didn't prove out.
Old 05-14-2014, 01:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkovalcson View Post
I love my DS-16 and my R3's are working beautifully, but you're quite diluded if you think that would be a step up even as a joke.
It was a joke...
Old 05-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

One thing I discovered today: If you set a model announcement using MX1+"sound on event", you need to set this AFTER the flat battery alarm. Otherwise, the flat battery alarm will not work.
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jotto, finally upgraded my transmitter to 3.0. I've done something similar to you last year but use a sequence triggered by my throttle cut switch (locking safety switch). That way it plays the warning message as soon as I take the transmitter off of throttle cut and before I disengage throttle hold. My transmitter start-up requires that throttle cut be engaged when powered up. This moves the message to a later time when it's less likely to interfere with my model ID announcement, etc. Seems to work well but are there advantages to your approach that I'm missing? Thanks for your work!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Jotto, finally upgraded my transmitter to 3.0. I've done something similar to you last year but use a sequence triggered by my throttle cut switch (locking safety switch). That way it plays the warning message as soon as I take the transmitter off of throttle cut and before I disengage throttle hold. My transmitter start-up requires that throttle cut be engaged when powered up. This moves the message to a later time when it's less likely to interfere with my model ID announcement, etc. Seems to work well but are there advantages to your approach that I'm missing? Thanks for your work!
Apart from the need to have a second throttle cut switch, I don't think there are any advantages.

What happens if you go in and out of throttle hold mid-flight (e.g. when doing auto training). Does that trigger the alarm?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm going nuts,
I can't get this to work. Im using a DS-16, Mui 150, R7 and I can't get the sequencer to work the way I need. I tried it with a servo outputting the sequencer signal and that worked as expected, but the second telemetry alarm doesn't seem to be getting the information from the sequencer properly. I'm sure I've just got something set wrong, but I'll be d@mned if I know what it is. I can get it to give the flat batt alarm after the 3 sec sequence, but it seems like It stays active then, which means it will alarm during flight as the voltage drops. If I reverse things, it goes into alarm as soon as it's on. I've tried just using a switch to turn on the sequencer and it still works the same.
Help
Old 08-27-2014, 07:02 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid628 View Post
I'm going nuts,
I can't get this to work. Im using a DS-16, Mui 150, R7 and I can't get the sequencer to work the way I need. I tried it with a servo outputting the sequencer signal and that worked as expected, but the second telemetry alarm doesn't seem to be getting the information from the sequencer properly. I'm sure I've just got something set wrong, but I'll be d@mned if I know what it is. I can get it to give the flat batt alarm after the 3 sec sequence, but it seems like It stays active then, which means it will alarm during flight as the voltage drops. If I reverse things, it goes into alarm as soon as it's on. I've tried just using a switch to turn on the sequencer and it still works the same.
Help
If you post screenshots from the same screens as the original post, it'll be easier to help you..
Old 08-28-2014, 08:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got it working, although I think all of my logical and telemetry switches are "backwards" from what all of you set up. Either way it now works just like I wanted. I might muddle with it some more just to prove to myself I actually understand the programming. Thanks for the help, though.

This transmitter is incredible but definitely requires a little thinking.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:38 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

overtemp posted his little start up routine, I thought it would be interesting to add it here as an extra twists on the battery low idea

Quote:
) 1)When I turn on my buffer pack or plug in the mains it announces the model name see: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=599403
2) When I plug in the mains, BEC>5.45V, and throttle cut is on, and there is less than 10mAh from the main pack, it announces "BEC OK" (last logic was required to keep it from re-announcing at the end of the flight)
3) If my pack is greater than 49.9V, in throttle cut, with less than 10mAh, it announces "packs are charged"
4) If my pack is less than 50.0V, in throttle cut, with less than 10mAh drawn, it announces "packs are drained".
Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Add a "you have connected a flat battery" alarm

Could you tell I was bored during an ice storm? It works great though

I actually just read the sequencer method. That's really bloody interesting. I might have to muddle through it just so I can understand the sequencer.

So, it's basically on for 3 seconds, acting as a switch to enable the voltage check. What I don't get is what keeps it from re activating...

EDIT: Ok, tried the sequencer system. After doing some messing to figure it, it works like a champ!

Last edited by OverTemp; 02-17-2015 at 07:41 PM..
OverTemp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 03:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wondering if anybody has this working with a Kosmik and jLog 2.6? Kosmik obviously missing the Ubec so need to find another 'trigger' Ta
buttles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 08:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I setup an alarm on my radio to warn me if the ESC pwm% goes over 98%. My thinking was that it would be a good indicator of governor performance and if my packs were charged.

But I like the initial voltage check with the mAh consumed limiter and I may add that to my setup.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
I setup an alarm on my radio to warn me if the ESC pwm% goes over 98%. My thinking was that it would be a good indicator of governor performance and if my packs were charged.

But I like the initial voltage check with the mAh consumed limiter and I may add that to my setup.
I bet it hits 100% PWM on occasion when you give it a hard collective input at enough speed.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:45 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if anyone can help. I have set my sequencer up exactly as the original screen shots however it only seems to act as the switch at the end of the sequence and not during. I have even tried running the sequence where it goes from +100 to -100 ever second for 4 seconds. On the MX, I look at the Q1 output and all I see is the cross until 4 seconds and then it goes to a tick and remains. Any ideas anyone? Many thanks.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give us a few screenshots of your set up it might be easier to see where the problem is.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have my DS-16 with me but this process is now a standard option on the TX. The added this function in the 4.0 update. Take a quick look at the release notes there were some other neat new features too.
Mahfu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in