Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #81 (permalink)

OH MY F*&%^NG WORD! I do believe that was the sickest flying I've ever seen! What kind of drugs do you need to take to fly like that?! lol
invrted is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 07:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by invrted View Post
OH MY F*&%^NG WORD! I do believe that was the sickest flying I've ever seen! What kind of drugs do you need to take to fly like that?! lol
He is pretty good, though from what I hear he crashed at the Masters. I think in order to do that you need to have clean blood, a clear head, and plenty of focus - maybe a little coffee
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Battery Mod

Phillip -

Was the mod worth doing just to fit the batteries? I'm not stuck with these batteries, therefore, i'm doing the research to find out what the better battery options are..
swimmer461 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2009, 11:20 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

swimmer461, I just reamed two new holes behind the original ones in the canopy, installed some more grommets and now I can fit tp 1320, 910, or the batteries made specifically for this bird. No crazy frame mods needed.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:27 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

CB3D - Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try. Hard to find parts, so was playing it a little safe before I started drilling, etc..
Old 01-16-2009, 09:35 PM   #86 (permalink)

Default WOW

Yeah I have to agree with invrted...that was some CRAZY flying....WOW

Here's my dilemma.....I'm looking at getting either a Gaui 200V2 or a Trex 250. Now that the Trex 250 has had some time in the marketplace and people have had a taste of what it can do......what would some of you, who have flown either one or both, recommend? I gotta be honest here...I'm leaning towards a Gaui 200V2...gimme your thoughts..
dolfan1678 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blades

Hey group -

What blades are you using? I currently have the straight ends on both main and tail, but I'm getting a weird wag. Is the reason people have been cutting down their blades and/or have people been finding that a combo of one or another (tapered vs straight) has worked?

ALSO - I just received my MIP driver. HUGE DIFFERENCE. Align should send each of their customers who bought a 250 this driver for free. This driver is handling the screws that I thought were stripped. GET ONE!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:07 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dolfan, i am leading towards the gaui because it DOESNT have issues.

But it is more expensive, I am an ALIGN guy, so if the newest of the new supercombo kits fly well, then ill be getting it. I dont want to buy a spartan and an expensive tail, id rather just fly a 450 indoors then..
Airjunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i fly the trex 250 out of the box with the only tailmod that is out there, the big bearings with the additional spacer. my kit was delivered with the 1 big bearing instead of 2 small ones. i bought the new upgrade for 5 euro which just gave me newly made spacers, but i got a spare set of bearings now.

i got the spartan and an hs 5084 instlalled on the tail and its rock solid, not the slightest wag. maybe i am lucky that it is that nice. i think the main problem is, that this heli, due to its small size is much more dependent on a very very smooth tail and precise setup.

on cyclic for example, 1 turn on one rod from the servo makes like 5- 10 trim clicks on the transmitter on a trex 600 you might have to trim like 1 or 2 clicks if you are off by 1 turn. so you really got to be precise and adjust a bit until its perfect.

nonetheless i think that there are a few that have a bit better manufactured kits, others have a bit worse. but with a tiny mod of the tail, which i guess will be in the kits you order from now on or maybe just a few weeks from now it should be included already.

and in some german shops you can get the tail mod for free atm, if you purchased a trex 250 there...

i think its nice align reacts so fast if there are obvious problems and how can you blame em if they didnt have those problems in their first few prototypes.

btw, i think the heli flies great, ofc i got no comparison to a gaui 200 but you just have to go onto bert kammerers site and read around, he has flown them both. it feels bigger than it really is.
Schelli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airjunkie View Post
Huh? It has a few "issues" but it's not the new bling so people aren't talking about it any more. I've seen the mixing arms break in lazy flying, and the ball links pop off the head - granted, I didn't set that one up myself, but that's not the only issue either. Every helicopter has issues, but with proper setup and the right aftermarket parts you can eliminate most of them.

It is unfortunate that there was a big problem with some of the early 250 kits, but if you look at the way Align handled it, I think they did a pretty good job, and they are a company I would go with simply due to that. They could have hushed it all up, admitted nothing, and let us all figure it out on our own - but instead they came out and said here's the problem, here's a hack for it, and here's a new part that fixes it too. Pretty good in my book
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yep, + they did give some shops here in germany some of those upgrades for free afaik. at least they give them out for free. thats also a very nice move.
Schelli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 11:46 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfan1678 View Post
Yeah I have to agree with invrted...that was some CRAZY flying....WOW

Here's my dilemma.....I'm looking at getting either a Gaui 200V2 or a Trex 250. Now that the Trex 250 has had some time in the marketplace and people have had a taste of what it can do......what would some of you, who have flown either one or both, recommend? I gotta be honest here...I'm leaning towards a Gaui 200V2...gimme your thoughts..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airjunkie View Post

But it is more expensive, I am an ALIGN guy, so if the newest of the new supercombo kits fly well, then ill be getting it. I dont want to buy a spartan and an expensive tail, id rather just fly a 450 indoors then..
lol Gaui had it's fair share of problems, Like pre-bent new in package tail/main shafts and a soft tail shaft that would bend during normal flight that took them months to get straight. Not sure if they fully fixed the pre-bent shaft issue yet.

You don't need the spartan gyro , I'm just using the gyro that came in the super combo and it hold the tail perfectly fine. You only need the spartan if you want to fly with lots of piro maneveres so that it holds the tail no matter what, but when flying like that any heli could benefit from a spartan ;p.
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a Gaui v1 and a Trex 250. Let me just say I had to spend alot more money and time to get my gaui flying right compared to my 250. I still dont trust my gaui tail to hold. My 250 is the super combo and it flew great stock. I changed to the JR3500g and it flys even better, but wasnt needed.
I dont know about the Gaui v2. It looks way better than the v1, but the 250 is awsome and its alot easier to find Align parts at the LHS vs Gaui.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

over 22, 000 views, 94 posts and 1 build video.....

Bob is pretty famous!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thats because everyone is waiting to see how he builds his to make it fly great. He has the power to turn a shoe into a 3d stable machine.

I will wait for this one before i buy most definitely.
Airjunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

HAHAHA AIRJUNKIE THATS AWESOME!
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question 250 tail

hey finless can you please help me i have a trex 240 with the align gp750 i am not getting a fast piro rate ive tried the travel adjustment which supposibly gives you more volume. Do you know what i should do?
Thanks,
Buster
Old 01-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #98 (permalink)

man I check every day to see if there are any new videos and there hasn't been any I'm kinda bummed out but I'm sure they'll be good when they finally do get posted
Evan T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 03:06 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster91dg View Post
hey finless can you please help me i have a trex 240 with the align gp750 i am not getting a fast piro rate ive tried the travel adjustment which supposibly gives you more volume. Do you know what i should do?
Thanks,
Buster
Have you set the tail to maximum travel mechanicly?

Travel adjustment/endpoints on the rudder channel controls the piro-rate, but it cannot do more then mechanicly possible.

Rune
Roadrune is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok yeh i have full travel set up mecanically but ive talked to one of the guys and they said that my servo isnt fast enough or the gyro but the tail holds fine in flight no drift im using a gp 750 and a hs 5065mg tail servo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in