Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 07:36 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnazan View Post

Hello why not the YEP 90LV ESC? It has the same 12 amp current peak and about 15 grams less weight.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...able_SBEC.html

Greets,

Walde
Walde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ESC optinions. What are you guys running?

Or the 120lvk yge
Old 03-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Troy, You started this thread with a question, and now that you have 15 flights in, it would be nice if you let us know what you ended up getting. You mentioned you were thinking about the CC Ice 50 which has been discontinued ued and replaced with the edge series, and mentioned that you got an external BEC, but have not confirmed your final ESC choice.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Im up to about 20 flights so far on the new setup. The warp came in a trade (my domintator 450 for the warp) with the older 50 amp phoenix esc, no external BEC. I think I made out with the better deal. The original owner never had any brownouts or issues with the servos running the internal BEC however Im not sure how hard he may have flown it.Considering its possible for the MKS servos to draw up to 2amps, I knew I needed to have at least a 10amp BEC to be on the safe side and accommodate my flying style. I spoke with both MKS and Castle techs to confirm that there would not be an issue with the CC 10 BEC and MKS servos as some people have mentioned on the threads. After speaking with both reps, the castle BEC ended up being what I went with. I know there are bigger and better BEC out there and the same goes for ESC's but but the CC Bec and ESC fits my budget well and have been working without incident. Being comfortable programming castle products was also deciding factor for me. I hope this helps if anyone is on the fence with the CC BEC and MKS servos.

Troy

Last edited by Troy003; 03-20-2014 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: edit to text
Troy003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'm a bit late to this, but I've got about 400 hard flights on my Warp w/ Castle ICE Lite 50A, Western Robotics High Current BEC (5A continuous), MKS DS92A+ servos, DS8910A+ tail servo.

I used Spektrum satellites for about the first 300 flights, Futaba receiver since then. No problems.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've just ordered a WR mini, I can't afford to keep messing around. I'd have to say I'm surprised the Gryphon Polaris was not adequit.

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

For you guys running the CC Edge 50 lite- I currently have this esc in my warp, works fine, I'm also using the Scorpion 2520-1360. My question / concern is temperature in datalog. After 4 and a half minutes of flying the recorded temp is 135 - 150 degrees F. Now this is with the canopy on and the esc mounted under the radio tray and above the battery. The motor settings in the esc are: timing-normal(5*), PWM- (8khz), direction-(normal), and startup power-(59*). Is this considered "normal" temps or should I make changes to something to keep the temps. cooler? BTW, I'm running the stock pinion- 16t, 360mm Align blades, 60mm revolution tails, and the stock 17t tail pulley. My governed headspeeds are 2900, 3000, and 3100.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #48 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I'd say that's okay, just monitor the ESC temp as the outside air temp gets warmer.

Check this link for temps I was getting last summer.

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=61

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in