Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Scale Helicopters, For Sale

Scale Helicopters, For Sale *No Commercial Ads - Scale Helicopters Only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default (2) 600 Size Jayhawks and 4 blade head

Hey guys, I first got into flying helis 8 years ago. I flew scale only for 7 years, and I have not been bitten by the 3d bug and that is where I plan to stay. I have brand new in box, never even opened 1 brand new Jayhawk from RC Aerodyne. This kit has the frames for the lowered TT tail boom and all. all you need is the mechanics. I take that back, I did open it to ensure that everything was in there now that I think about it. it is a perfect kit too.

I have another 600 size Jayhawk, exactly like the other kit, but used. the frames and TT setup were not used in this kit. this kit had the flex TT installed in it when it was flying, so the frames and the TT kit are brand new for it. it had a hard landing, but I have repaired every little thing that was wrong with it and it looks great. it has brand new landing gear and all. it is very hard to spot any issues caused by the hard landing, like I said, I spent a lot of time repairing it correctly. this would be a great kit for a new scale guy wanting to get his feet wet, or if you just wanted extra Jayhawk parts.

along with all of this, I also have the 4 blade head from RC Aerodyne that goes along with this heli. I only have one of these though, not two. I have a full cockpit for one of these helis too, I only have one, not two. I also have a brand new flexible tt for this kit, or any other scale application that the flex tube will work on as well if your interested in that.

I don't have a price in mind, so if you guys are interested, shoot me a PM and we will chat about what your thinking. I really don't need any of these, so I would rather one of you great builders have them than them sit in my shop and get broken at some point.... I can txt pics of everything this evening, or whenever. I don't have pics handy at the moment bc I am at the office, but will tonight.

thanks for looking guys, and I will post this in the for sale threads as well, just thought I would post this up in there too.

Team KDE Direct, TRM Power, Byron Fuels, MKS Servos
LoveToFly1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default (2) 600 Size Jayhawks and 4 blade head

Hey guys, I first got into flying helis 8 years ago. I flew scale only for 7 years, and I have not been bitten by the 3d bug and that is where I plan to stay. I have brand new in box, never even opened 1 brand new Jayhawk from RC Aerodyne. This kit has the frames for the lowered TT tail boom and all. all you need is the mechanics. I take that back, I did open it to ensure that everything was in there now that I think about it. it is a perfect kit too.

I have another 600 size Jayhawk, exactly like the other kit, but used. the frames and TT setup were not used in this kit. this kit had the flex TT installed in it when it was flying, so the frames and the TT kit are brand new for it. it had a hard landing, but I have repaired every little thing that was wrong with it and it looks great. it has brand new landing gear and all. it is very hard to spot any issues caused by the hard landing, like I said, I spent a lot of time repairing it correctly. this would be a great kit for a new scale guy wanting to get his feet wet, or if you just wanted extra Jayhawk parts.

along with all of this, I also have the 4 blade head from RC Aerodyne that goes along with this heli. I only have one of these though, not two. I have a full cockpit for one of these helis too, I only have one, not two. I also have a brand new flexible tt for this kit, or any other scale application that the flex tube will work on as well if your interested in that.

I don't have a price in mind, so if you guys are interested, shoot me a PM and we will chat about what your thinking. I really don't need any of these, so I would rather one of you great builders have them than them sit in my shop and get broken at some point.... I can txt pics of everything this evening, or whenever. I don't have pics handy at the moment bc I am at the office, but will tonight.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not wanting to harm your chances of a sale, but I think it is fair to mention that the RCA flex drive and early TT drives for the 600 Blackhawk/Seahawk/Jayhawk were flawed - it may save you a nasty comeback argument if it fails on the new owner(s).

My first Seahawk had a flex drive and it destroyed itself when the solder at the end of the cable came apart about 20' up. The cable chewed the tail off, so recovery was difficult RCA (Cliff) admitted fault as this was not an isolated failure and sent me a complete new kit. The flex drive kit was discontinued at this time.

The replacement kit was the "new" V2 kit that came with the custom side frames and a black plastic angled TT gearbox. The gearbox stripped its gears about 5 minutes into its first hover - fortunately only as a pod and boom this time. Shortly after this the plastic geared gearbox was discontinued I think (again not an isolated failure).

Fortunately the fix is fairly easy, and not too costly - I think RCA has metal geared gearboxes available now, or a Smartmodel raised tail kit can be retrofitted (which is what I did on my Seahawk). Some people also stripped the flex drive and properly silver-soldered it.

If you have done these mods then ignore this post.

Colin
Baumann EC-145 800+ (coming soon )
Andy01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Please do not use the discussion forums for your "For Sale" items.

I've moved this thread to the appropriate forum in the Classifieds section and merged your crossposted post here as well. Good luck with your sale.

No helicopters were harmed in the creation of this post.
AMA CD # 7309, Turbine Waiver# RW 890
Click Here For Bergen Intrepid Turbine Build Videos
Skiddz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2014, 08:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

why was this moved? I stated that I had posted it in the classified section as well. just like in the gasser forum when we have specific gasser items for sale, or want to buy one, we put an announcement in there as well as the classified threads. naturally the scale guys will see this thread when they come in here, and if they want to look in the classifieds and contact me they can.....

I was not aware of any "flaw" in the TT of these kits. the flex TT has never been installed and is brand new, I do have 2 of the actual TT kits though included. sorry about that

Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default price in mind?

do you have a price in mind? i might be interested.
jtrides65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

pms responded to. thanks guys!

Old 05-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

4 blade head and cockpit sold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in