Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 14MZ Full band unrestricted TX module

About time:

http://www.cyberheli.com/shop-produc...ProductID=6319

Will just replacing the module allow you to use all the other frequencies without software update ??
Dokey0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The frequency has always been determined by the module. Nothing special about it. Just cyber heli is selling a 72 mhz separate.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Think I have mis read it

Dokey0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I don't get it... My 14mz is synthesized.. I get all (high and low) channels on the 72 band. Am I confused?

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

In Japan they use 72 mhz also. But they only use a total of 10 frequencies in the 72mhz band. So this is a module just like is used here in North America that has the full 50 alloted 72 mhz frequenices.

At the World's in Spain back in August. The competitors were changing from 72 mhz to 40 and 35 mhz just by changing tx module and rx.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And I change back and forth between US 72 and 50 meg bands with jut a swap of the module.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ahh, didn't know Japan was restricted to only 10 channels on that band. Makes sense now.... Thanks David.

Bringing people out of Radio Shack and into the hobby.

μολὼν λαβέ
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ClayK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got an "EUROPEAN" version Tx (control). I cannot not use any other Tx module except those earmarked for “EUROPE”.

With Tx module “unlocked” (by Cyberheli or whoever) I enjoyed “full band” capability on 35, 36, 40 and 72 Mhz (that is with 4 separate Tx modules). With the Tx module “unlocked” the software version in the Tx (controller) becomes irrelevant. “Full band” means all the possible channels (or frequencies) that are being used in all major markets. Taking 72 Mhz band for example. A 72 Mhz Tx module earmarked for Hong Kong only 6 channels is allowed (as prescribed by local law). In Japan 8 channels are allowed. Whereas in the US the full complement of 50 channels (low + high band) are allowed. In fact all 72 Tx modules are manufactured to have 50 channels (full band) capability. But certain channels are locked in respect of specific regulations in different countries. The same holds true for other frequency bands.

When a Tx module is “unlocked” it assumes the following freedom (1) the software version in your Tx (controller) become irrelevant and (2) full band capability is realized. It is to my understanding that some Tx controller have “international software version” (I am told one place to get them is the Philippines). With this you can use any Tx module (allocated for whatever country and with the respective channels “open”). Still the Tx module have to be unlocked to enjoy full band capability.

This guy at Cyberheli can perform more than simple “unlocking”. He can modify a Hong Kong Version 35Mhz Tx module (where only 8 channels are allowed) to a “full band” 35 (covering all 35 Mhz European bands – that is in excess of 50 channels). Not just that. He can mod a Hong Kong version 35 Tx module to 36 “full band” (covering all 36 Mhz Australian / NZ channels). 35, 40 and 72 Mhz bands are allowed in Hong Kong (with only a few channels allowed in each band). With Tx modules being “legally imported” by local Futaba dealers this guy can supply the world with whatever band and whatever frequencies one desires. Whether if it is “unlawful” to use an illegal band / frequency at a particular country is another issue.
ycchu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2007, 07:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Default 14 MZ region change

Hi,

I've read this post and a few others regardign un-locking the 14 MZ. I'm in a similar position in that I have A HK version of the 14 MZ and deperately need to get it unlocked for use in Europe. Can anyone help me out there with this.

If anyone can please email me at marvinmelon@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

Keeef
keithj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in