Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor device not connecting to computer

Just thought I should make everybody aware of problem that I had with the USB cable supplied with the Flymentor.I tried all the fixes for the software and still had the problem of the device not connecting to the computer. I read somewhere in this forum that somebody had trouble with a poor solder joint on the small USB plug. In desperation I dismantled the plug (quite easy)and under a magnifying glass I could see the white wire had an extra dag of solder touching the shielding.Once that was removed everything came good and the balancer connects ok.So if your still having problems check the plug.
iansyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flymentor not connecting to XP laptop

Awesome my friend you hit it right on the nail. J I have been trying to get my Flymentor to connect to the Laptop running XP. The laptop picked up the cable adaptor but could not see the Flymentor kept on getting “No Device” message.

Slit the small connector and found possibly due to the cables bending, I had a short on the wire ends to the metal cover on the connector. Removed & taped up all now working.

On trying the repaired cable noticed the following.

Powered up Flymentor in the heli, showing flashing green on the Flymentor controller, plugged the small end of usb into Flymentor I noticed a rapidly flashing red light at the unplugged PC end of the adaptor ( hadn’t seen this when the cable was faulty) plugged into the laptop and got a combined amber / red light ( had the light with the fault)
Ran Helibal & got a connected message JJJ
001vraptor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in