Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default First nose-in, at the club field today

I was an plank flyer of ten years experience, 15 years back. Since 'discovering' helis, I decided to re-join my old local flying club and a few ol'boys are still there and remember me from days of yore. So, when I tell them I'm learning heli flying I get the strange sideways look, my club only has one established heli flyer. Helis are indeed a black art practiced by eccentric studiers of the arcane pagan flying cult - not to be trifled with by normal people who don't have the way of the knowledge!
Anyhow, the wind dropped so I got out my Twister/Blade thing - which looked ludicously small next to regular planks. Spooled her up and flew several circuits, fig 8s and, thanks to lots of XTR practice, managed long enough nose-in to make it look like I knew what I was doing. I did warn the 'old guard that I was still learning and not very good, but I think it actually impressed them (most heli flyers, they told me just kind of hover at chest hieght for 10 mins, land and go home - every week!!!). There I was, arising into the flying scene like returning from the dead, and buzzing this little bird about like second nature, I guess you could say that I really did put my money where my mouth was and it felt real good.
Thanks to lots of XTR sim time and Twister/Blade air time in my garden, so I'm rightly chuffed now (now before the cynics say it, I will - pride comes before a fall - yeah I know, so I'll watch my step now )
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

:cool: Nicely done!

My favorite new story is... a few months back someone came to the field just to watch with a few buddies. One of them asked me years I flew planes before moving up to helicopters.
I said, "Never flew a plane"
Him
Old 06-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice job. Soon you will be dazzling them with your brilliance.

I love taking my heli to plank fields that have never seen a heli do more than hover.
I'm not good enough to even mildly impress a heli crowd but a bunch of plankers will think I signed a pact with the devil to pull off the maneuvers that I do. :glasses2:
Old 06-29-2006, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Back when I first learnd the black art, there was nobody that had ever successfully flown a heli at our field. All the old guyes laughed when I started. They got used to me flying patterns with them.

What is very interesting to see is when you biff the heli an it does the chicken dance right in front of the flight line while they are still in the air. Only did it one time, but it was worth it :cool:
schmleff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2006, 11:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a Blade CP just so i could learn to nose in hover,
and learn to do loops, rolls etc. Could nose in hover on sim
with no problems but my T-rex and Shogun are too intimidating.
after trimming out the blade, I was having a ball with little heli
nose in, tight figure8s, stall turns etc. with no problems.
So my confidence was all built up and was doing the same with
the T-rex and Shogun. all in the back yard!
wacojoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Had to eat some humble pie today It was a bit gusty and I got near the ground about 40 feet away and ontop of that my Lipos were running down - so I decided to chicken out and set her down nice and level, albeit a bit too far away to be comforable. Next thing, at a height of only a foot or so she snagged some tall tough weed and went down sideways onto her rotor - result: yet another broken blade grip (the little washout lever thingie snapped off). So I'm grounded again with another £13 repair bill - Chopper Down The damage part probably got weakend yesterday when flying in my narrow front yard and I couldn't get out of the way in time and she flew into my right shoulder :? God, I'm rubbish at this!!!!!
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in